2016 AFL Fixture Official Announcements [Fixture - pg 20]

Remove this Banner Ad

no tears from me mate lol. You have a soft start, will be at beast 6-2 and then like a few years ago, by the end of July may very well shit the bed and be 6-8. Your run home is 50/50 too.

I'm happy, little tougher at the start, nice run in the middle and the end isn't bad, 6 Friday games, heaps of FTA coverage as well. Top 4 is ours to lose.

If they've added a bye before the finals why not just add the second bye during the season the players want?

Edit: In the media conference they did say they weren't sure of MCG availability in October until last night.

Dees ouch on the doubles - Port, Collingwood, Hawthorn, St Kilda and GC twice.

Not too bad, Hawthorn hurts but the rest are meh. Would rather play Collingwood twice than Geelong or Bulldogs next year for example. Port could go either way and we generally play OK against them.

Anzac day footy with a yellow ball, **** off AFL, just **** off
The COLOUR of the ball gets people upset?

Surely the fact that the afl react in a knee-jerk fashion yet again, trying to fix a problem that only exists in the minds of a few media people, or that they then persist with a now obviously redundant floating fixture for the last round are just 2 of the things that are more upsetting that the COLOUR of the ball in one game.

Yellow ball? Wow.

I think Richmond get sent there because they draw a fair size crowd of tassie fans.
Eddie would be ropable if the Pies got sent there.
Could see an Essendon North game there in the future.

Its also because we are a caring club. Someone needs to help North break even profit wise, it might as well be us. Besides, we have a lot of supporters in Tassie.

If they've added a bye before the finals why not just add the second bye during the season the players want?

Edit: In the media conference they did say they weren't sure of MCG availability in October until last night.

Because they want to prevent teams resting players before finals. Not sure it will work, teams have rested players more than a week out of finals anyway.

Hah, the AFL changed the rules because of us.

Really don't like the bye before the finals - just seems an unnecessary break in the sport's momentum. Plus we'll have to listen to two weeks of media dribbling about how team 7 or 8 is the biggest chance ever to make it to the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't like the bye before the finals - just seems an unnecessary break in the sport's momentum. Plus we'll have to listen to two weeks of media dribbling about how team 7 or 8 is the biggest chance ever to make it to the GF.

I actually like it. Makes it more even, ie gives sides that might be a little beat up a weeks rest to get over any niggles. The swans this year could have used an extra week rest to get some of your injured players on the park, then the North game might have been different.

Also great opportunity for finals sides to have open training sessions to get the kids involved. I like it.

I understand the theory behind having a bye before the finals start, but I don't think it'll stop teams from resting players in the last game of their fixture. Particularly if their ladder position is set!

Love how they hype up the fixture release as if they're naming the AA team or something.

"Watch it LIVE as we release the 2016 Fixture! OMG!1!!"

Next they'll be asking insignificant, moronic questions like: "Who won the fixture?"

Some thoughts:

- Very happy for the Bulldogs to get 3 FN games. Would have liked to see them get 4-5 even, but 3 is good.

- VERY happy to play Essendon twice

- Pleased to received 13 marquee night matches across the season, should keep us wealthy and allow us to earn more from our sponsors.

- Once again, the big clubs and our massive supporter bases are being used as cash cows to prop up the pathetic little irresponsibly-managed clubs which nobody care about, in order to generate false crowd sizes and misperceptions of relevance for them (case in point: Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton allows Carlton to retain that feeling of being relevant).

I understand the theory behind having a bye before the finals start, but I don't think it'll stop teams from resting players in the last game of their fixture. Particularly if their ladder position is set!

I don't think it would be desirable having a player sit out for 2 weeks unless they are injured.

With the week off before the finals, why the floating last round? Having a Sunday before the finals no longer stuffs you around with a short break before the finals; so there's no reason those games couldn't have been locked in.

The COLOUR of the ball gets people upset?

Surely the fact that the afl react in a knee-jerk fashion yet again, trying to fix a problem that only exists in the minds of a few media people, or that they then persist with a now obviously redundant floating fixture for the last round are just 2 of the things that are more upsetting that the COLOUR of the ball in one game.

Yellow ball? Wow.

It's not a proper afternoon game was what I mean, afl is shitting on tradition

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 AFL Fixture Official Announcements [Fixture - pg 20]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back