D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OGGS will be fighting for top 2 come end of season. very, very strong side with great run. Obviously its only my opinion, but i believe they will be in C grade in 2017.
So far Saints are the only quality side OGGS have beaten, other than that have beaten the second and third bottom teams. This week against Friars will tell if they are even finals contenders. Gone waaay too early wowzee!!

SSSSSSSSSAAAAAAUUUCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the drive by king

Mods can we ban this moron???

Onto the football...Some real 8 point games this week, in particular NOBS v Ivanhoe and Old Mentone v PEGS. Ivanhoe can re-attach to the leading group with a win and NOBS can separate themselves from the bottom couple with a win. Likewise Mentone could put a stamp on the comp with an away win whilst PEGS could consider themselves equal favourites with a win.

Looking forward to seeing what happens!

Mods can we ban this moron???

Onto the football...Some real 8 point games this week, in particular NOBS v Ivanhoe and Old Mentone v PEGS. Ivanhoe can re-attach to the leading group with a win and NOBS can separate themselves from the bottom couple with a win. Likewise Mentone could put a stamp on the comp with an away win whilst PEGS could consider themselves equal favourites with a win.

Looking forward to seeing what happens!

This should be a cracker weekend and will shed some light on where everyone sits.

Nobs to beat Ivanhoe by 1 point at home
St Marys by 40 points will prove to good for OP
Therry by 35 points against Prahran
PEGS will smash by 50 points vs OM this week
OG to belt Friars by 60 points

This should be a cracker weekend and will shed some light on where everyone sits.

Nobs to beat Ivanhoe by 1 point at home
St Marys by 40 points will prove to good for OP
Therry by 35 points against Prahran
PEGS will smash by 50 points vs OM this week
OG to belt Friars by 60 points

Interesting.....doubt the only team to get within a bulls roar of the pace setters will fold to a flaky bunch of silver spoon toffs by 10 goals.

Ivanhoe by 2 goals
St Mary's by 9 goals
Therry by 3 goals
PEGs by 1 goal or less
Friars by 3 goals

Very interesting to see teams tipping against OMs. They are 6-0. PEGS have plenty out. Were very average against St Mary's last week. Get few back this week but still have good quality out. OMs deserve to be favs.

Very interesting to see teams tipping against OMs. They are 6-0. PEGS have plenty out. Were very average against St Mary's last week. Get few back this week but still have good quality out. OMs deserve to be favs.

Agreed. Certainly can't see PEGS getting anywhere NEAR OMs from what I've seen, regardless of injuries.

Agreed. Certainly can't see PEGS getting anywhere NEAR OMs from what I've seen, regardless of injuries.

Have seen them both recently and OMs are "due". Tough to win at the airport runway. I'll back the PEGs boys to cause an upset.

Don't necessarily agree with term they are due. OMs have a tough run coming up starting today with PEGS away, Therry and OG in coming weeks. It's a big block of games for them. Last two weeks may have been a lull period, (can't always be up for)looking in preparation towards attacking the next three games hard. They destroyed teams early days with results not many other teams have been able to replicate, time will tell.

Interesting.....doubt the only team to get within a bulls roar of the pace setters will fold to a flaky bunch of silver spoon toffs by 10 goals.

How's the silver spoon tasting Hedgehog? Hopefully some humble pie will be consumed.

As for the game out at PEGS, I believe I called us to beat Oms, it was a great win by our boys, toughed it out against the wind in the last quarter and got the job done.

Unsure what's going on down there but they didn't have a forward over 180cm.

Footy shorts pretty sure you don't have a connection to PEGS.... OM got some tough games, Therry and Old Geelong still to come. PEGS had some handy ins come back in after last weeks game. Chris Goullet former best and fairest has returned from overseas after playing the last two years in the Geelong league, played ressies today could be a handy addition when he is fit, along with few others to come back. PEGS v Assumption this week. One of the biggest school rivalries of past 25 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy shorts pretty sure you don't have a connection to PEGS.... OM got some tough games, Therry and Old Geelong still to come. PEGS had some handy ins come back in after last weeks game. Chris Goullet former best and fairest has returned from overseas after playing the last two years in the Geelong league, played ressies today could be a handy addition when he is fit, along with few others to come back. PEGS v Assumption this week. One of the biggest school rivalries of past 25 years

My connection to PEGS goes back a long way.

Yeah Chris is a real bull in the middle and will provide plenty more grunt at the stoppages.

OMs v Therry 1 v 2, should be a good game. Whitefriars v Ivanhoe should be a close contest as well.

Parade Nobs and Assumption also desperate for a win and have been close recently don't be surprised to see few up set results as well. Should be an interesting round this week.

Games in order of interest (tips in bold)

1. OM v Therry - Was last week's OM loss a blip or something more serious? Therry will be a good test.
2. Friars v Hoes - Hoes simply must win if they're to be serious finals contenders. Friars should be better than last week.
3. Prahran v PEGS - PEGS on form, but Prahran are capable of an upset.
4. OGGS v Old Paradians - OGGS to win a tricky fixture in front of the Pivot Club lunch. Note: Odd day to wear their green and blue hybrid jumper V a team that wears green.
5. St Mary's v Brunswick NOBs - St Mary's too strong at Ferndale.

If a bit of rain comes along it could make a few contests a lot more even. It's been dry each Saturday so far so some of those sides that are good on the outside may find the going a little tougher tomorrow...

The gap between top 6 and bottom 4 unlikely to change after today's results.
thank god for the relegation and promotion system. Will keep things very keen.

The gap between top 6 and bottom 4 unlikely to change after today's results.
thank god for the relegation and promotion system. Will keep things very keen.
i think one team is pegged for relegation for sure
but ivanhoe seem to be finding their feet which is excellent for them
i think there is a clear split in talent though

i think one team is pegged for relegation for sure
but ivanhoe seem to be finding their feet which is excellent for them
i think there is a clear split in talent though

Ivanhoe were far better than we imagined - not saying we took them lightly leading into the game but they played excellent footy and we just couldn't keep up.

Bottom 4 will no doubt play out a 10 week relegation battle. Brunswick NOBs have benefitted from jagging that win over Therry. Otherwise it should really come down to who can finish top 2, in the bottom 4.

Ivanhoe go ok. They touched us up round 1. They have had some mixed results. Also touched up Old Geelong but have received some beltings as well. Makes me wonder if few key players have been out from week to week. On there day they are capable of beating anyone. Two huge games this week. Old Geelong v OMs. Therry v PEGS.

As a Hoer, we were happy with the win on the weekend and to get another 4 points in our first year up in D1 for some time. The Friars may not have had a good run recently, but some other performances were not horrible and at home are always a challenge - we were very happy to get the win.

We have been a bit inconsistent this year and when not on our game copped our right whack and been belted by far better teams on the day. We have used alot of players this year due to injuries and unavailability, but that would be no different to all the other teams I would imagine. I believe that if we can get close to our best team on the park and play with the right intensity, we could possibly match most teams in this grade and put in a competitive effort.

That said, I think we are a bit off the pace of the top teams and might have 'got' a couple at a good time - PEGS and OGGS will have better teams next time around and we have to improve alot to match OM's and Therry who smashed us. Add to that we have struggled against SMS and we are still only a smokey for finals action - IMO.

We have a very big game this week against OP's who we have struggled to get our game going against in recent times - including the GF last year in D2. If we get a win, then we take another big step to staying up in year one after promotion and that would be a big effort with 7 senior blokes not playing from last years GF team and losing 20 from the Reserves premiership team (work, retirement, travel) this year.

Hopefully, work commitments and injuries go our way and we get a few more back over the next couple of weeks and test our young team and put in a pretty competitive season.......but A LONG way to go!

Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back