D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this league throws weird results in weekly.

p/a beat an in form ivanhoe - p/a haven't been in very good nick maybe got a few back?
sms loss at home to oms was surprising (injuries to SMS?) only 2 weeks ago smashed OGGS...maybe hedgefunds mob softened them up
OGGS accounted for a depleted Nobs unit - OGGS is the team to beat big time Burbury dominating every week
Parade with the upsets of the fortnight smashing Therry and beating PEGS (whats in the water out at bundoora lately)
PEGS took choccies vs Whitefriars who seem to have a weekly shootout with sides

a week off now gives another chance for sides to freshen up / get players back from mid season holidays etc - what an entertaining final 6 rounds it's going to be with spots in all areas of the ladder up for grabs!

this league throws weird results in weekly.

p/a beat an in form ivanhoe - p/a haven't been in very good nick maybe got a few back?
sms loss at home to oms was surprising (injuries to SMS?) only 2 weeks ago smashed OGGS...maybe hedgefunds mob softened them up
OGGS accounted for a depleted Nobs unit - OGGS is the team to beat big time Burbury dominating every week
Parade with the upsets of the fortnight smashing Therry and beating PEGS (whats in the water out at bundoora lately)
PEGS took choccies vs Whitefriars who seem to have a weekly shootout with sides

a week off now gives another chance for sides to freshen up / get players back from mid season holidays etc - what an entertaining final 6 rounds it's going to be with spots in all areas of the ladder up for grabs!

SMS had about 4 of their very best out which certainly hurt, but no excuses really as Mentone had more out by the sound of things. If Mentone have their full side in come finals, its game over for the rest.

SMS had about 4 of their very best out which certainly hurt, but no excuses really as Mentone had more out by the sound of things. If Mentone have their full side in come finals, its game over for the rest.

Game over? That's a large call! Care to elaborate as to why? They haven't beaten Therry, OG or PEGS..

Game over?? Just dumb! They haven't beaten anyone in top 4!! Everyone is fighting injuries, PEGS had a heap of there best out against Parade two weeks back. Parade have some big bodies and look to match up well on Therry and PEGS two dominant FFs. They may be a hand full come back half! Dave Boundy and Patto are very experienced players! Friars are a promising quick young team, just need a few key talls at either end. Couldn't get over how young they were! It's a very even top 6. It appears that all the top 6 are dependent upon a healthy list. Ivanhoe have a depleted twos side so injuries look to effect them heavily through lack of depth. Few key injuries and any result can occur. It's going to be a close year, the team with a healthy list come finals and team with momentum will win it. PEGS have beaten every team in top 4, but those wins were at home and against a weakened Therry. Test will be to replicate away, and St Mary's at home. St Mary's have been up and down, they have a strong reserves team so depth will help them. It's the business end of the season, it's still very even. Healthy fit list come business end will be the difference!

Game over? That's a large call! Care to elaborate as to why? They haven't beaten Therry, OG or PEGS..

They have about half their team playing for Sandringham or something, they haven't beaten anyone decent because they haven't had them in the side. The first three rounds they won by 100+ each game, including SMS who has beaten everyone else in the top 4! Without them, they are average, with them, they are way too strong for any D1 side.

Sandy sitting 3rd in seniors and 4 th in ressies. If they haven't played since Rd3 and both vfl teams should play finals, why we even talking about these players

Sandy sitting 3rd in seniors and 4 th in ressies. If they haven't played since Rd3 and both vfl teams should play finals, why we even talking about these players

There's only a top 4 in VFL reserves. If Sandy finish 5th, these players will be available for VAFA finals.

Can someone tell me who these Sandringham players are?

i've had a look and can't really see any listed players that have played multiple games for them or sandy i think it's all some sort of illusion.

my other thought is it was dry early in the year and they're young and quick that could be a factor

Ok so was a little bored. Checked out sandys vfl senior and seconds squad.There are two players on OM squad and also on Sandy Reserves VFL squad. Dylan Weichardt and Jack Davis. They have both played one games each for OMs. There are no VFL players still playing or to come back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so was a little bored. Checked out sandys vfl senior and seconds squad.There are two players on OM squad and also on Sandy Reserves VFL squad. Dylan Weichardt and Jack Davis. They have both played one games each for OMs. There are no VFL players still playing or to come back!

Bizarre. The bloke from Mentone I was chatting with after the game said almost half their best side was out. Going by how much better they were against us in rd 3 than they were on saturday, I wasnt about to argue. Maybe he was exaggerating and their blistering start to the season was due to something else.

Out, as they were injured? Overseas? Or out as they were playing for sandy in the vfl?
Bizarre. The bloke from Mentone I was chatting with after the game said almost half their best side was out. Going by how much better they were against us in rd 3 than they were on saturday, I wasnt about to argue. Maybe he was exaggerating and their blistering start to the season was due to something else.
ay

Out, as they were injured? Overseas? Or out as they were playing for sandy in the vfl?

Given he said nearly HALF his side was out, i would assume a combination of all three. I didn't ask though. Im only going on what I was told by a mentone player on Sat. Judging by the sound of a few of the responses on here from mentone affiliates, that number of 'half' could have been an overstatement/only a few are with sandy?

Given he said nearly HALF his side was out, i would assume a combination of all three. I didn't ask though. Im only going on what I was told by a mentone player on Sat. Judging by the sound of a few of the responses on here from mentone affiliates, that number of 'half' could have been an overstatement/only a few are with sandy?
My reading is:

Two are currently with Sandy and only played a couple of VAFA games BUT the three that have returned full time having played with Sandy in the past couple of seasons are probably more responsible for driving the change in training/playing standards.

I reckon the largest impact in this regard at local level would be felt in the first few rounds of an Ammo season as a well drilled, very fit side (which has waited three months to see if it can have a real impact) plays "on a high" boosted by these returns and the additional talent coming through the door.

As the season wears on, however, the spark starts to wear off. It's been no secret that OMs traditionally lack depth such that when a few of their better players are missing, they can, and have come back to sit within the pack.

The key is for OMs to get their mojo back if/when they are able to assemble closer to their full list. Otherwise those teams which have quietly ground their way to a top 6 berth (starting from a lower base but building) may push past OMs in the next 6 weeks.

Two huge games in the context for the race for the top 4 and double chance.
Therry v St Marys. Therry appear to be extremely hard to beat at home. Cory Bannister due back from bad head knock. St Mary's have dropped past couple, need to win or could fall away from top 4.

OMs v PEGS- Huge game don't have much more to add.

Old Parade- Red hot form at home.
Therry- very hard to beat at home
PEGS just
OG to good
Ivanhoe should just have to much fire power

Interesting to note the two clubs who claimed these great alliances with the powerhouse country schools in St pats and Assumption are going nowhere and both could get relegated . Cut the charade guys. Drop the name and admit it is a shame.

don't mind it from chaos - for those playing at home it looks like he's forgotten the great thing about ammos, anything can happen! Plenty of time left and plenty of upsets to come with it I think! No game is a certainty (except us v om this week) mark that one down!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back