2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Complete rubbish anyway. The ball was in our forward 50 for most of the second half.

Sandgate barely got it past the arc, 3 of their 4 goals came from 50m penalties and to be fair, all 3 of the 50s were deserved. Gotta be careful throwing the ball back when its a cake of soap!

It was 4.1 to zip and then the heavens opened and it was a slog fest.
You could have played the game at colly park, we had perfect conditions for footy. Not a drop of rain until after 11pm. :laughing:

Complete rubbish anyway. The ball was in our forward 50 for most of the second half.

Sandgate barely got it past the arc, 3 of their 4 goals came from 50m penalties and to be fair, all 3 of the 50s were deserved. Gotta be careful throwing the ball back when its a cake of soap!

It was 4.1 to zip and then the heavens opened and it was a slog fest.
Sounds like if it didn't rain it could have been a blow out. Still don't get why people over analyze the woodsman. Here's a tip good side good club good culture. They also know how to play footy.
Will go deep into finals again.

Woodies had a few losses and everybody wrote them off as a team on the slide. Glad the boys have rallied and put that rubbish talk to bed. Not 100% sure on why morningside forfeited apparently from what I've been told the coach didn't want the players travelling 45 minutes to have the game called off. So that may have been lack of numbers or they just want to replay the game during the washout bye that's in the system this season. All the lads were at the club regardless and I can confirm not a drop at redbank until about 11 last night. Tried to take a photo to post on here but couldn't work it out.

A big shout out to everyone at the Ippy Cats for hosting us on Friday night.
I think we all know what is like to work through that "building your side" phase which starts with being pumped every time you take the field. The Cats are clearly working through that in a positive and purposeful way - and we loved the way they went about their football on the field and their hospitality off the field.
We saw true community football at its best on Friday. A very good reminder to all of us i think that it's not always just about winning!!

A big shout out to everyone at the Ippy Cats for hosting us on Friday night.
I think we all know what is like to work through that "building your side" phase which starts with being pumped every time you take the field. The Cats are clearly working through that in a positive and purposeful way - and we loved the way they went about their football on the field and their hospitality off the field.
We saw true community football at its best on Friday. A very good reminder to all of us i think that it's not always just about winning!!

With a good old fella like Nobby North there coaching in the years to come they will do well.

6th spot in the finals is getting tighter. Ferny would be very disappointed Morningside just gave that match up to Colly Park without a contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Score doesn't reflect inside 50s

11 shots to 6 in torrential rain usually does, especially the depth and quality of inside 50's.

3 out of 4 goals from 50m penalties as well, suggests you had trouble getting it anywhere near the goals without brain explosions from the Woodies. (as I see Thommo admits the 50's were deserved)

Can't see UQ not finishing on top from here. I reckon they might have only 1 or 2 losses left for the year and some huge % boosters still to come.

Bit disappointed about Friday night, not sure why we didn't go and play

Can't see UQ not finishing on top from here. I reckon they might have only 1 or 2 losses left for the year and some huge % boosters still to come.

Bit disappointed about Friday night, not sure why we didn't go and play

We've got plenty of tough games still to come as well... Two against the ladder-leading Sandgate team and return matches against both the Woodsmen and Jimboomba. There's still a very long way to go until August/September.

Playing around with the ladder predictor on the fixtures section of the AFLQ website I'd have us finishing anywhere between 1st and 5th depending on the results of a whole bunch of games which will all inevitably be close.

We've got plenty of tough games still to come as well... Two against the ladder-leading Sandgate team and return matches against both the Woodsmen and Jimboomba. There's still a very long way to go until August/September.

Playing around with the ladder predictor on the fixtures section of the AFLQ website I'd have us finishing anywhere between 1st and 5th depending on the results of a whole bunch of games which will all inevitably be close.

Jimboomba huh? Temporary Fencing, Security and PWC undertaking an audit of the scorecards at 1/4, 1/2 3/4 and Full-Time? ;)

Or are you just keeping suporters of each club seperated by, oh I don't know...... a MOAT!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jimboomba huh? Temporary Fencing, Security and PWC undertaking an audit of the scorecards at 1/4, 1/2 3/4 and Full-Time? ;)

Or are you just keeping suporters of each club seperated by, oh I don't know...... a MOAT!!
All the shit aside, the game will be played in good spirits, players have no hard feelings and will be ready for another close encounter of tough footy and a beer after! Can't wait!

Can someone explain the Morningside vs Collingwood Park result?

Did Morningside forfeit due to numbers, or rain, or lack of numbers due to rain?

Or none of the above?

how much notice did the Power boys get?

Can someone explain the Morningside vs Collingwood Park result?

Did Morningside forfeit due to numbers, or rain, or lack of numbers due to rain?

Or none of the above?

how much notice did the Power boys get?

We all arrived at about 6ish and the call had just been made to our manager. The morningside physio/trainer was already at the ground and packed up and left. From what I no it was a forefeit via morningside because they didn't want to travel if the game was cancelled due to rain. Anybody on here from morningside feel free to clear that detail up if it's incorrect. We collected 4 points and I don't think the match will be replayed due to the game not being called for bad weather. That's the light I can shead on the situation.

We all arrived at about 6ish and the call had just been made to our manager. The morningside physio/trainer was already at the ground and packed up and left. From what I no it was a forefeit via morningside because they didn't want to travel if the game was cancelled due to rain. Anybody on here from morningside feel free to clear that detail up if it's incorrect. We collected 4 points and I don't think the match will be replayed due to the game not being called for bad weather. That's the light I can shead on the situation.

If true that is incredibly weak and they should be heavily sanctioned. Maybe Twinkle Toes suggestion had merit?

If true that is incredibly weak and they should be heavily sanctioned. Maybe Twinkle Toes suggestion had merit?

Gone for good might be abit harsh. It was late notice and most of the guys had already got down to the club/on the way by the time we tried to reach everybody but gone for good would be rather harsh. I don't no if it was due to player numbers or not wanting to travel. The lads were abit disappointed they couldn't get out for a kick but we all had a beer at the club and about 30 after for some Friday night fitness instead.

Gone for good might be abit harsh. It was late notice and most of the guys had already got down to the club/on the way by the time we tried to reach everybody but gone for good would be rather harsh. I don't no if it was due to player numbers or not wanting to travel. The lads were abit disappointed they couldn't get out for a kick but we all had a beer at the club and about 30 after for some Friday night fitness instead.

I was only being a stirrer, but it is a soft effort.

so they thought it 'might' be called off, so didn't want to travel in case it was?

Despite at 6pm there not even being any rain around yet.

Pathetic.

How about travelling and hoping for a game, and if not - patronising your opposition bar for a few and heading home.

there will be no sanction, its Morningside! They move QAFL fixtures to suit them, so down in the Ammos I'm surprised they didn't give THEM the points.

No comment from me, other than to say that plenty of guys were happy to drive over and play - just not everyone unfortunately.

PS: I don't actually play, so don't take my comments as representative of the Siders team.

so they thought it 'might' be called off, so didn't want to travel in case it was?

Despite at 6pm there not even being any rain around yet.

Pathetic.

How about travelling and hoping for a game, and if not - patronising your opposition bar for a few and heading home.

there will be no sanction, its Morningside! They move QAFL fixtures to suit them, so down in the Ammos I'm surprised they didn't give THEM the points.
Spot on qafl fan, stuff the footy, get on the piss and then drive home in torrential rain, that's the spirit.
Before the fun police respond, I'm joking.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Back