2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree with this. Watching weitering, you just can't tell he's a first year player. Looks right at home on the big stage.
Have you seen the poise and the big game influence of Caleb Daniel.? Also amazing from such a young player. But Daniel does it best with awareness and poise in radical pressure crunch games with gut running, tackling, inside and outside work, not just one on one marking ability. Cant say the same for Weitering . And Parish plays in a team devoid of like players in games of low standard and intensity.

Last edited:

Have you seen the poise and the big game influence of Caleb Daniel.? Also amazing from such a young player. But Daniel does it best with awareness and poise in radical pressure crunch games with gut running, tackling, inside and outside work, not just one on one marking ability. Cant say the same for Weitering . And Parish plays in a team devoid of like players in games of low standard and intensity.

So you haven't actually watched Weitering or Parish. Cool.

Sen just now Caleb Daniels should win the rising star lol
definitely a chance. pretty even field so far. Weiterings, Parishs, Petraccas, Byrne-Joness, Hoppers (did he get injured?), Millss (when a finally gets a nom)

Daniels is a decent chance. Weiterings didn't have a good game against us, Membreys kicked a few on him. probably still in the box seat though

Works both ways. Young kids in tops teams don't share as much load as someone like Parish. Parish doesn't have all the class around him, he has to win his own ball and doesn't have the same class around him like someone like C.Daniel has. Also, when I mentioned Weitering I mentioned him being a first year player. When I made the post, I watched weitering you couldn't tell at all that he was a young player. More so because he's a KPD and they usually take time to mature into the role.

Oh, well Wallace said it, so it can't be true.

His coaching record belies his (self-bestowed?) 'list manager' title, but he's not far off the mark here.

Daniel's poise, efficiency and engine mean he's of remarkably similar value to Mitchell. He's seriously close to entering our elite bracket with Bontempelli, Dahlhaus and Liberatore through the middle - he's that influential.

It's ridiculous to preclude him from the discussion because he plays in a top four side - it's an award for a breakout talent, not a consolation prize for a bad team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, well Wallace said it, so it can't be true.

His coaching record belies his (self-bestowed?) 'list manager' title, but he's not far off the mark here.

Daniel's poise, efficiency and engine mean he's of remarkably similar value to Mitchell. He's seriously close to entering our elite bracket with Bontempelli, Dahlhaus and Liberatore through the middle - he's that influential.

It's ridiculous to preclude him from the discussion because he plays in a top four side - it's an award for a breakout talent, not a consolation prize for a bad team.

Yep, and in the same vein it's just as stupid as the Dogs supporter ruling out Parish and Weitering because they play for bottom sides.

Works both ways. Young kids in tops teams don't share as much load as someone like Parish. Parish doesn't have all the class around him, he has to win his own ball and doesn't have the same class around him like someone like C.Daniel has. Also, when I mentioned Weitering I mentioned him being a first year player. When I made the post, I watched weitering you couldn't tell at all that he was a young player. More so because he's a KPD and they usually take time to mature into the role.
Yea I'll grant you that ... it's harder to shine in a crap team unless you are obviously more talented.
But , but Daniel is playing alongside stat monsters such as Hunter, McCrae, Dahl, Libba, Wallis and the Bont. Only one ball to go round.
Obviously all three are very good players. I haven't seen enough of Parish to see that he's more than a outside front runner, defensive pressure, one percenters cuz it would be hard to beat Caleb D on those things.

O yeah. All those big pressure games the Bombers are playing in? lol

Well seems I was accurate, you admitted it in your very next post.

Yea I'll grant you that ... it's harder to shine in a crap team unless you are obviously more talented.
But , but Daniel is playing alongside stat monsters such as Hunter, McCrae, Dahl, Libba, Wallis and the Bont. Only one ball to go round.
Obviously all three are very good players. I haven't seen enough of Parish to see that he's more than a outside front runner, defensive pressure, one percenters cuz it would be hard to beat Caleb D on those things.

Well he beats beats Daniel on contested possessions, clearances and tackles. Maybe you got confused and meant to say Caleb is an outside frontrunner who applies no pressure?

Well seems I was accurate, you admitted it in your very next post.
I bow to your loyalty and diligence to watch Bomber games but Bomber games are not worth watching other than lols for other team supporters and that gets boring. In fact the whole team play style is boring as.
The main action seems to be Godards finger pointing and Daniher getting angry but missing set shots.

Well he beats beats Daniel on contested possessions, clearances and tackles. Maybe you got confused and meant to say Caleb is an outside frontrunner who applies no pressure?
Yea but other teams have the game won early and might take it as a bye... use the opportunity to muck around with b graders in the guts etc..
Nah, half seriously, those stats alone show he's a gun. Especially to do it in a poor team.
Next year when the Bombers play Doggies it'll be good if they match up. But they will rarely play on each other . Although, they'll probably be at the same contested ball hot spots all over the ground.
If Parish is any good, we''ll put Caleb on him like we did to Mitchell and see how he goes. (execpt if Parish goes forward deep one out).

Weitering for mine. Petracca pushing pretty hard though. If I had to pick a third probably Callum Mills.

Will be interesting if/when Mills gets a nom. Could set the cat among the pigeons.

Weitering for mine. Petracca pushing pretty hard though. If I had to pick a third probably Callum Mills.

Will be interesting if/when Mills gets a nom. Could set the cat among the pigeons.

Once again, nobody wants Parish to win, but he will. Debut year, only a single game under 20 possessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back