2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

DBJ is a bit of a dark horse this year. Haven't seen a single game this year where he's looked out of place at the top level and his stats stack up pretty well based on those graphs. Think Weitering has one hand on it already though

Weitering for mine. Petracca pushing pretty hard though. If I had to pick a third probably Callum Mills.

Will be interesting if/when Mills gets a nom. Could set the cat among the pigeons.
I think you're on the money with this prediction - Weitering the stand out with Petracca a chance of running him down.

I think Mills has played extremely well this year but most of his time has been spent in defensive roles so he's not putting up big disposal numbers. It seems most of these awards are based on stats and ratings rather than actual footy performances. Mills reads the ball well and his courage in putting his body on the line has been consistent. It's going to be good to watch him gradually push towards more minutes in the midfield.

I think you're on the money with this prediction - Weitering the stand out with Petracca a chance of running him down.

I think Mills has played extremely well this year but most of his time has been spent in defensive roles so he's not putting up big disposal numbers. It seems most of these awards are based on stats and ratings rather than actual footy performances. Mills reads the ball well and his courage in putting his body on the line has been consistent. It's going to be good to watch him gradually push towards more minutes in the midfield.
Extremely talented kid. I wouldn't have been surprised if Blues had bid on him at 1.

I'd be classified as elite if I played amongst that midfield.
Underrated post. Look how good they make Koby Stevens look when he gets matches. Daniel is gonna be very good, but Sam Mitchell? Please.

Once again, nobody wants Parish to win, but he will. Debut year, only a single game under 20 possessions.
You're passing off an opinion - and probably an incorrect one - as fact. As said earlier ITT, most games that Parish plays in are over by quarter time.

Underrated post. Look how good they make Koby Stevens look when he gets matches. Daniel is gonna be very good, but Sam Mitchell? Please.

"When he gets matches"

You mean whenever he's not injured because he's best 22?

"When he gets matches"

You mean whenever he's not injured because he's best 22?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean actually. He's best 22, probably 22nd best ordinarily, but lifts an extraordinary amount thanks to the talent around him.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean actually. He's best 22, probably 22nd best ordinarily, but lifts an extraordinary amount thanks to the talent around him.
Dont you know the rule on bigfooty that anyone under 25 from the bulldogs is a gun and top 5 in their draft.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Why is it that you fail to address statements that don't fit into your narrative of how things should be?

Did I need to?

You've got no real idea about where Stevens is rated internally, which is certainly a bit higher than you've credited him. Nethertheless he isn't even eligible for the rising star so not sure why he's even being discussed.

In response to your original point: are Caleb Daniel and Koby Stevens good because the Dogs are good or are the Dogs good because their rotation players like that are good?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Top 5 so far this year would have to be

1. Weitering
2. Parish
3. Mills
4. Daniel
5. Sicily

Petracca should finish top 5 by the end of the year, so many good young players this year who are eligible you could name atleast 2 from every club.

my top 10:

1. Weitering
2. Petracca
3. Parish
4. Oliver
5. Mills
6. Blakely
7. Daniel
8. Sicily
9. Byrne Jones
10. Hopper

the others nominated:
11. Weller
12. Acres
13. Papley
14. Harmes

Last edited:
My Top 5 so far this year would have to be

1. Weitering
2. Parish
3. Mills
4. Daniel
5. Sicily

Petracca should finish top 5 by the end of the year, so many good young players this year who are eligible you could name atleast 2 from every club.
Interesting that tou don't have Petracca in your current top 5. Have you had the chance to watch him?

Interesting that tou don't have Petracca in your current top 5. Have you had the chance to watch him?
Yes and why I said by the end of the year he should be top 5, the other 5 have played more games and I cant say petracca has clearly been better than them also don't think petracca has hit his straps yet should get even better as the year goes on.

Ashame Tippa is a fraction to old, Tippa has easily been the best 1st year player, the guy is already one of the best players in the AFL with ball in hand. Elite kicking skills combined with his magic, tackles and hits with real force.
Going to be awesome to watch for many years to come.

His spin and goal against the pies was epic. It was, (dare i say it) Gaz like.
I reckon his clean hands and strength in the contest v Sydney in the wet last week was more impressive

Ashame Tippa is a fraction to old, Tippa has easily been the best 1st year player, the guy is already one of the best players in the AFL with ball in hand. Elite kicking skills combined with his magic, tackles and hits with real force.
Going to be awesome to watch for many years to come.
Get your hand off it...

Get your hand off it...
Whilst I don't think he's been "easily" the best first year player he's certainly up there. Weitering, him, Parish, Oliver so far IMO

Whilst I don't think he's been "easily" the best first year player he's certainly up there. Weitering, him, Parish, Oliver so far IMO
His disposal inside 50 is very unconvincing, defensively one on one he is a liability and is often exposed. He is a hard worker and a cult hero but he is nowhere near the level of talent that Weitering, Parish, Petracca and Mills. He's about the same level as Ciaran Byrne

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back