2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Peake to Mt Beauty.
That will be interesting . He kicked a 100 goals in the Sunraysia league.
But brings a bit of baggage, knee injuries and the fact that he wouldn't work in an iron lung both on and off the field.
He's probably been at 5 clubs in as many years and hasnt played too many games over those years
Good luck!

Was at the Wahgunyah game on the weekend and it was almost embarrassing to watch!
Got thumped by newly merged Rand-walla walbundrie
Could be a long season ahead for them who seemed to have a massive lack of depth

Wahgunyah have gone crazy with signings and turned the ship around!
Jarrod Lane headlines a list of former Corowa-Rutherglen players in Svarc, Prescott, Lowe, Clark, Barkley while also chasing other kids from Corowa including Goyne who has had senior experience, more possible signings are likely due to struggles over the bridge at the moment.
Wahgunyah a chance to win it?

Praising the club back in November when you had thought about committing to the Lions for 2016 and then to go run them down when you decide to stay with Corowa/Rutherglen. Also twice you have been way off the money with the recruiting first of all then the score on Saturday. Poor form mate especially coming from playing at a club who isn't the greatest position at the moment you should know better than to run a club down behind a computer screen. I'll be keeping a close eye this Saturday to see how well you are going yourself. Oh and what happened to "the struggles over the bridge" you were talking about in the post above??

Was at the Wahgunyah game on the weekend and it was almost embarrassing to watch!
Got thumped by newly merged Rand-walla walbundrie
Could be a long season ahead for them who seemed to have a massive lack of depth
It would be interesting to know what coloured glasses u were watching Saturdays game thourgh to me it wasent a bad practice match to watch and last time I checked practices match are to practice things so they r normal a bit messy

Good to see the saints be competitive in the seniors and jag a win in the ressies. Hopefully it's a sign of a more competitive year from them.

All pretty quiet on here. Who is everyone's surprise packet after 4 rounds and also the biggest disappointment so far?
It's a very even comp so far. Thurgoona have spent up big again and have to be a massive let down. Because of the uneven draw it will take another 4 or 5 weeks to get a good idea of all the clubs. The teams with the softer draws are in the box seat with how even everyone is.

Surely Chiltern biggest disappointment. 3rd last year and now almost out of contention for finals. Thurgoona started last year similarly but will need to start winning soon to ensure a finals position, and as we all know in this league, anything can happen from there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone go watch Rutherglen vs Thurgoona?
Chiltern v Yack.

Any reports on those games, very one sided results.

Scoota Fraser should start tipping who he thinks will lose on 2ay. Rarely gets them right.

just a quick one. Any clubs out there looking for a sports trainer for the rest of the season? Would love to help out if possible and gain some experience.

I could pass details onto a mate who is involved as a trainer with a club. I don't know if they need anyone but I can ask. Do you have experience?

Anyone know what the interleague squad looks like?
I read Josh Walkers comments in the paper about the Hume league & a lot of guys not putting their hands up.
Is this the same in the TDFL?

Anyone know what the interleague squad looks like?
I read Josh Walkers comments in the paper about the Hume league & a lot of guys not putting their hands up.
Is this the same in the TDFL?
Went and had a look. Thought some young kids went well, and that will help the development of their footy. Hurtle did a reasonable job considering age and size, but Newton was massive. Disappointing that no ruck an wasp repaired to play, feel for the coach.

The league has to realize that players want the weekend off. Weekend away, sore bodies, family time, towards the end of ones career or just dont want to play. Rep footy isn't important to most players, id rather have a week off freshen up and try to win a fg than say i played rep id rather say i won a granny. If the league wanted to be more serious they might need to look at paying players for rep footy.

Paying players to play is not the way to go.
If the league are serious about interleague they have players show VALID medical certificates, as to why they can't play, & if they can't the they can't hand out suspensions to which the league get to choose which games they miss.
It will hurt the clubs more & they will encourage guys to play.

It's hard also because ex O&M footballers for instance who want to really take a step back and play in the TDFL probably don't want to play in it either.

I don't think there should be any rules to make players play. I can fully understand why they might want a week off. Might want to rest the body, watch the AFL or just do nothing. If the league want them to play they need to make it more appealing. Maybe play on a Friday Night so the rest of the weekend is free or a mid week game under lights at Lavington.

Wizards - You cant force a bloke to play rep footy. How do you think a player would feel if he was forced to play and got injured and missed games they actually want to play in.

Arm Chair - I 100% totally agree...
Sorry I probably didn't type that up well, if the league wanted the strongest team that's the only way they could go.
I personally think if interleague was every second year then it would be a bit more appealing

Karl hit the nail on the head during the week. Better communication and greater transparency required from league and coaching staff of the Interleague team. Players and clubs would get behind it more if they knew what was happening. Calling blokes on the tues or wed before the game won't cut it given the quality of sides the league will come up against. Yes they were trying to ring around to get a team together but shouldn't come to that with the quality and depth in the league at the moment.
Take the O&M as an example from this year compared to last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back