2016 Strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

More a word of warning than a strategy, but you should try not to move off a steady preseason course merely to make sure you have all your Back/Mid/Fwd bench rookies playing.

If someone who has impressed over the preseason doesn't quite come up for round 1 and the only alternative is a bloke parachuted into the teamsheet out of the blue and who has not been on anyone's radar, then you should tread carefully before deciding to pull the trigger. Especially if there is a cascading effect throughout your side due to the incoming player being more expensive.

Before you know it, the player you brought in is dropped after two games never to play again and the rookie you didnt pick but were tracking all preseason starts round 2 and kills it. You have been Reltoned.
I can't recall this ever happening for me after round 1

I started playing regularly again in 2011 (had a couple of seasons off before then, fiddled around with it in high school), just missed the Relton days

Josh ******* Glenn however :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

More a word of warning than a strategy, but you should try not to move off a steady preseason course merely to make sure you have all your Back/Mid/Fwd bench rookies playing.

If someone who has impressed over the preseason doesn't quite come up for round 1 and the only alternative is a bloke parachuted into the teamsheet out of the blue and who has not been on anyone's radar, then you should tread carefully before deciding to pull the trigger. Especially if there is a cascading effect throughout your side due to the incoming player being more expensive.

Before you know it, the player you brought in is dropped after two games never to play again and the rookie you didnt pick but were tracking all preseason starts round 2 and kills it. You have been Reltoned.
I don't mean to be negative, but it's just a fix-up trade...no big deal. And I'm more than happy to select someone who has not been on anyone else's radar so long as they've been on mine.

I don't mean to be negative, but it's just a fix-up trade...no big deal. And I'm more than happy to select someone who has not been on anyone else's radar so long as they've been on mine.
It's only "just a fix-up trade" if it all comes together nicely for the fix, and you aren't missing out on a better trade you would otherwise make. The point of the advice is to try and limit the number of fix-up trades.

Otherwise, I think you misunderstood my post - I am saying that you should back yourself and not automatically bring in an unknown quantity just to have all your bench rookies playing. If the person you are thinking of bringing in has been on your radar, then that is fine obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back