2017 Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

he retired after losing the first set in a TB. so another 5 or so games.

but I sort of agree with you. it is the first round of a minor(ish) tournament, 2 weeks before a grand slam. but credit to him for at least trying.

no doubt people will slam him still.
We slam him because at his presser he said he was going to retire after the second set anyway, "injured" or not.
That about sums this bloke up..........
#soft_embarrasment@BT.NK.

This will be an interesting read

Former world No.4 Jelena Dokic will release an autobiography later this year.

The 34-year-old retired Australian player, who is a former Wimbledon semifinalist, is promising to share the full story of her tumultuous career and life.

“Over the past year I have embarked on one of the hardest and most fulfilling experiences – writing my life story so far,” Dokic posted on Instagram.

“I have never told my story in full until now. Not a soul.

“So going over some of the most painful and hard times of my life has been incredibly difficult. Recalling some of the highs of my tennis career has been exhilarating. Writing it all down – the good and the bad – has been liberating.

https://tennismash.com/2017/06/22/jelena-dokic-soon-release-autobiography/

Last edited:
Yes, I think it will be a good read. Have read a few tennis biographies in the last year and fpund them really interesting, hers will be fascinating I'm sure.

Agassi's bio is a great one. I need to read Nadal's bio one day.

Lucic Baroni's bio would be interesting, if she ever released a book about her life

Bolt won that semi against Groth, he's not even in qualies for Wimbledon. If he somehow wins the final, he would be a chance at a wildcard for the main draw as the All england Club have done that in the past few years (Groth, Ebden & when Kyrgios was starting out I think have had wildcards via that path)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick getting serious about training, either way, good to see him working out.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/t...s/news-story/930ca530a027a74e877c4568dafa9e94

AUSSIE Nick Kyrgios has taken his first steps on the path to redemption, a cryptic Tweet indicating he might just be ready to put the work in to be great.

The young firebrand courted controversy at Wimbledon when he retired from his first round match with Frenchman Pierre-Hughes Herbert, before being snapped out on the town in London.

But, if today’s Tweet is anything to go by, maybe, just maybe, the focus is finally there and Kyrgios can make the step from good to great.

The five picture collage of a determined Kyrgios in the gym was accompanied by the words “Working hard for what matters.” and the hash tag “putting things right” and a thought balloon emoji, which is used to represent thinking or thoughts.

Kyrgios’ apparent motivation is in stark contrast to Davis Cup teammate Bernie Tomic, whose brutal honesty about his lack of interest in the game this week has many tennis fans up in arms.

Is Nick finally on the path to becoming the tennis superstar Australia so desperately craves?

Time will tell.

Last edited:
Heard an interview with Duckworth the other day, he won't be back until around September/October. Is giving the American tournaments a miss and will play in Asia. Ended up having shoulder surgery as well as foot surgery. That's an awfully long lay off for him, beats me how some of these players can make a living when they spend so much time out with injuries.

Akira Santillian currenty 197 is back playing for Australia after a stint with Japan. No idea why that is, did we get a choice to say no we don't want him back?
He and his father/coach had some beef with TA which led him to choosing Japan. Haven't heard anything about him being back playing for Australia though.

He and his father/coach had some beef with TA which led him to choosing Japan. Haven't heard anything about him being back playing for Australia though.

Only just confirmed.
Can you talk about your switch from representing Japan to Australia?
I've been playing for Japan the last year and a half, but I feel like I'm more Australian. I was brought up there and speak better English. Japanese is my first language, but most of my friends are Australian and I feel more comfortable being an Aussie. I'm a fiery character on the court, so it fits well. I made the decision at Wimbledon and I'm happy with it.

Source: http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news...time-winner-spotlight-2017-santillan-winnetka

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Aussie Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back