List Mgmt. 2017 captain - Dayne Beams

Who would you like to be captain in 2017.

• Rockliff

Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Zorko

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • Robinson

Votes: 42 22.1%
  • Beams

Votes: 53 27.9%
  • Rich

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Players voting for their captains lost its sheen for me when our players elected Mitch Clark vice captain mere weeks after he made the papers for urinating on a cigarette machine and one year before he held a purple gun to our head at the trade table.
You could argue he was doing a public service by peeing on a cigarette machine

Giving a dysfunctional group of young employees the right to choose their own boss. What can go wrong?
A timely warning.

Rufio-4-640x304.png

I wonder if it's a ballot vote or they write names down. Would love to see Warwick Capper win the vote.

Is this a hint re the captain from today's team photo shoot? Hopefully u can see the pic?

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm. Opens up the distinct possibility that Rocky gets the players' vote but not the coaches'.
I think they are saying that it is two different processes. The players don't get a vote on the captaincy, only the leadership group. Winning the leadership group vote doesn't necessarily mean that you were the popular choice for captain because that wasn't the question asked in the poll.

I personally don't have a problem with a less than democratic process to decide the captaincy. I don't know that the players should be expected to have the full picture when it comes to a critical leadership role.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 captain - Dayne Beams

Back