Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...garry-lyon-still-unclear-20161003-grtkxj.html

There's a few romours of changes in there. Lyon to 7/Fox. Huddo to 3aw. Been some talk of Gerard Whatley to 7 for Friday nights.

What moves do you see happening? Personally I want BT on Friday night. I know he sucks on Saturdays with Darcy and Richo, but when he's actually commentating without them he's half decent. Did well while Bruce was in Rio.

Also would like to see Jason Bennett take on a bigger role.

It will be interesting in radio as under the new deal SEN and 3AW have reduced roles. I don't know if SEN will even produce it's own game day coverage.

CrocMedia have to cover 9 games nationially and then onsell the coverage so you can expect them to boost their callers.

What moves do you see happening? Personally I want BT on Friday night. I know he sucks on Saturdays with Darcy and Richo, but when he's actually commentating without them he's half decent. Did well while Bruce was in Rio.
Could happen, don't think he worked well with Bruce when paired with him this year, though.

Think Bruce and Bennett would be the perfect combination for Friday night. Otherwise, I would love to see Christian move to 7, however I doubt it would happen.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...garry-lyon-still-unclear-20161003-grtkxj.html

There's a few romours of changes in there. Lyon to 7/Fox. Huddo to 3aw. Been some talk of Gerard Whatley to 7 for Friday nights.

Also would like to see Jason Bennett take on a bigger role.
If Gerard Whatley goes to 7, who replaces him on ABC? Clint Wheeldon? Do they get Nicolson to do FNF? or do they move Matt Clinch to Melbourne and have him do FNF?

Could you seriously imagine whatley television commentating with that reeeediccculous tone of voice and the over analyzing if absoloutely every detail - would spend half an hour crapping on about how one of the goal post pads isn't straight and how it could seriously injure another bulldog!
Does not have a voice for tv

Could happen, don't think he worked well with Bruce when paired with him this year, though.

Think Bruce and Bennett would be the perfect combination for Friday night. Otherwise, I would love to see Christian move to 7, however I doubt it would happen.
Disagree. The few times BT and Bruce have been paired up over the last few years they have worked really well, they strangely bring out the best in each other.

Disagree. The few times BT and Bruce have been paired up over the last few years they have worked really well, they strangely bring out the best in each other.
Interesting, haven't liked the Bruce and BT/Dennis and BT combos that they tried this year, honestly, but that's just personal taste I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. I'd love to see Bennett be Dennis' replacement and have him with Bruce for the Friday night and Sunday games. Alternatively, I'd be happy for Bennett to replace BT on Saturday night's and BT to be boned completely from TV coverage, which still leaves a gap to replace Dennis.

They really need to revamp analysis on games, can't just have blokes like Ling and Richo telling is nothing we don't already know. Where's the loose man playing, how are teams setting up, things the viewer can't see, inside info that those you haven't played the game might not know.

US sports employ analysts who work off camera and feed the on screen commentators information. Maybe use that. Use footage shot from behind the goal when explaining in between goals.

Have the guy on the boundary actually do some research and feed us info about past duels between the teams or particular players.

Channel 7 needs massive revamp. Luke Darcy, Mick Molloy, Richo, Ling all need to go.

Even the VFL finals coverage gave better play by play and special comments. Bennett in, Whateley. Do something!

They really need to revamp analysis on games, can't just have blokes like Ling and Richo telling is nothing we don't already know. Where's the loose man playing, how are teams setting up, things the viewer can't see, inside info that those you haven't played the game might not know.

US sports employ analysts who work off camera and feed the on screen commentators information. Maybe use that. Use footage shot from behind the goal when explaining in between goals.

Have the guy on the boundary actually do some research and feed us info about past duels between the teams or particular players.

Channel 7 needs massive revamp. Luke Darcy, Mick Molloy, Richo, Ling all need to go.

Even the VFL finals coverage gave better play by play and special comments. Bennett in, Whateley. Do something!
Fox Footy's coverage is a lot more analytical but then again it aims for more hardcore footy fans, where as channel 7 are more about the causals.

Nathan Brown and Jason Bennett deserve prime roles at C7 - they are both really good and have a great feel for the game.

I wish Clinton Grybas was still around... Would've been dominating the commentary/media landscape at the moment. We could've been listening to him instead of Hamish... Or Bazil bloody Zempilas.

Dead right there mate.

What an absolute tragedy that was.

R.I.P. Clinton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basil, Darcy and Hamish need to be removed from commentary duty. Basil can stay in his ch.7 news sports role and footy central, Hamish can remain host of gameday and Darcy can host talking footy; but keep them far away from a commentary box as possible. Promote Bennett from his substitute teacher role and at leash have him call saturday afternoon, bring in Hudson or Whateley for Friday nights. I'd be content with BT rather than the other three stooges on a Friday, at least he has some semblance of excitement in his calls, and is better when removed from the saturday night circus.

Fewer changes for Fox, if Hudson goes, Papalia gets his spot. Have Eddie, Sandy, Phillips and Granland split the other games. And at least relegate Dwayne to the off-broadway Saturday game.

I really do not care as long as they get rid of BT and Luke Darcy
also tell Richo and Lingy to stop pulling the mickey out of each other...

Well by reading that looks like i do care oops...

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Commentary Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back