2017 Midprice Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you have to pick Jaegar he only went into my side after game 2 and i felt like i couldnt afford to miss him.

However he is not going to make anywhere near as much money as people think.

It doesnt work like the way people are saying ie 90× 5920 = eg 530k

Doesnt work like that. To maintain price you need to avg 5-10 more depending on starting price and how many rookies are playing and moving up in cash.
All the more reason to look at Danger as an upgrade target rather than starting with him.

Well it relates to every player but the more expensive you are the greater the effect

Ill be starting either Danger or Rocky just cant decide

both.png

Both will lose significant money. However i must admit both have nice early draws.

I only want one and thats for captaincy. Having both with no upside for either IMO means they will lose a fair bit of coin and will be able to be brought in far cheaper.

My team structure also sits well with just the one.

Both will lose significant money. However i must admit both have nice early draws.

I only want one and thats for captaincy. Having both with no upside for either IMO means they will lose a fair bit of coin and will be able to be brought in far cheaper.

My team structure also sits well with just the one.

Both with no upside?

Danger averaged 124 in 2nd half of the year, priced at 118, if he starts how he finished he has upside and wont be dropping in price.

Rocky averaged 116, but thats including injury effected games, averaged 134 in last 12 weeks of the year, so 18 points potential of upside there is he starts where he left off.

I'm not a fan of the 'he averaged x in the second half of the year' logic, unless there's a discernible reason for it (i.e role change). All that says to me is that he averaged less than his average in the first half of the year.

For a guy like Danger, that means he's played 8 full seasons of AFL football, and for 7 and a half of them he's never averaged more than about 110. Given that, do I want to buy him when he's priced at 118 based on one 11 game purple patch? Probably not.

I'm not a fan of the 'he averaged x in the second half of the year' logic, unless there's a discernible reason for it (i.e role change). All that says to me is that he averaged less than his average in the first half of the year.

For a guy like Danger, that means he's played 8 full seasons of AFL football, and for 7 and a half of them he's never averaged more than about 110. Given that, do I want to buy him when he's priced at 118 based on one 11 game purple patch? Probably not.

I would say that for a player like Danger, changing clubs has a large bearing on his role/the players around him and hence his average ;). So it is 7 years at Adelaide, and 1 year at Geelong.

I would also say that a new player to a club would take time to really gel with the team, so for someone like Danger, his 1/2 average actually carries a lot of weight.

Dangerfield in Round 2 last year scored 75, and 84 in Round 4

All it takes is one of those scores in his 3 game cycle and his price will drop pretty far, then you have to wait until that game is out of his system before his price bounces back.

Same goes for Rockliff. He scored 30 odd and got injured early on and that meant he was a real cheap upgrade option. I'm fairly confident that both Rockliff and Dangerfield will have moments where their price plummets during the season, and that will be the time to jump on the one you don't start with.

Both with no upside?

Danger averaged 124 in 2nd half of the year, priced at 118, if he starts how he finished he has upside and wont be dropping in price.

Rocky averaged 116, but thats including injury effected games, averaged 134 in last 12 weeks of the year, so 18 points potential of upside there is he starts where he left off.

I feel alot of players usually score more in the 2nd half then the first. Doesnt necessarily translate to the following year.

Rocky said to be playing more fwd this year by the coach tells me he has none/limited upside i think coaches will target Danger even more and its pretty damn hard to back up a 35 vote brownlow season.

Both players will be far cheaper during the season then they are now.

One of the great strategic (and under-rated) parts of DT/Fantasy is using trades at the right time (Still the reason I prefer RDT to Fantasy) and timing the downgrading of rookies (to rookies on the bubble) in order to get the Dangerfield/Rockliff types when they are at their price floor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Steele fools gold?

Considering his tackle and contested possession numbers, I'm less likely to think he's gonna be fools gold whereas someone like Tuhoy definitely is.

Plus doesn't Steele have monster numbers in various lower levels? That's a good sign.

Jones v Llyod is a tough one.

Has LLoyd proved he's worth 180k more than Jones?

Jones looks like the pick of the midpricers for mine

Mills/Heeney without the draft pick number or hype or ability and 100k cheaper

Fixed that for you.

Zak Jones has Jesse Lonergan written all over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Midprice Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Back