2017 Womens Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a marked difference between wanting it to fail and considering just what it'll take for it to be a success and how high that bar will be set, but in today's modern discourse it's understandable that people struggle to tell the difference between indifference and prejudice.

As for the concept itself, I think it good that young girls and women have a pathway to pursue an interest of theirs. If they want to continue playing football then all power to them. If you want to watch, then go for it.

But personally, I really can't stress how little I care about AFLW. As if to prove a point, I'll not talk about it on this forum ever again; I'll divorce myself from proceedings entirely to show how little it registers with, rankles or interests me.

Good choice.

You obviously have no interest and don't care if it succeeds or fails.

Best to leave it to those that do have an interest instead of derailing this thread with negativity.

initial viewer figures skewed by superficial curiosity and forced support from feminists and punished children
They factor in the initial rush in all ratings though. Doubt there was much of a feminist wave after last year's debut.

It's just the right level of risk taking to make for exciting cricket to an increasingly inattentive and apathetic audience. I suppose this is why they're playing AFLW with size 4 balls instead of 4.5 or 5.

God forbid anyone might try to cross into the men's game at any level, only to have yet another knock against them name for playing with a smaller ball. I wouldn't be so stupid, but you know some used car salesman of a recruiter is going to get his opinion in.

Based in London so far away from the fishbowl. Can't seem to get excited by this concept. Even think it might be a financial distraction to the main league.

A little sick of the AFL and their initiatives.

Based in London so far away from the fishbowl. Can't seem to get excited by this concept. Even think it might be a financial distraction to the main league.

A little sick of the AFL and their initiatives.
Im not in the fishbowl either but I'm really looking forward to seeing the girls in action.
Women playing top level sports is not an initiative it's just as much the dream for girls as it is boys.

It's great for everyone to have something to strive for and I'm glad footy can now be that for everyone.

Just imagine how excited young girls who love footy are to see this happening.

Im not in the fishbowl either but I'm really looking forward to seeing the girls in action.
Women playing top level sports is not an initiative it's just as much the dream for girls as it is boys.

It's great for everyone to have something to strive for and I'm glad footy can now be that for everyone.

Exactamundo! They'll be kicking the leather off the Sherrins.

Well bloody said!!!

There's a marked difference between wanting it to fail and considering just what it'll take for it to be a success and how high that bar will be set, but in today's modern discourse it's understandable that people struggle to tell the difference between indifference and prejudice.

As for the concept itself, I think it good that young girls and women have a pathway to pursue an interest of theirs. If they want to continue playing football then all power to them. If you want to watch, then go for it.

But personally, I really can't stress how little I care about AFLW. As if to prove a point, I'll not talk about it on this forum ever again; I'll divorce myself from proceedings entirely to show how little it registers with, rankles or interests me.
Are there other areas/parts of the club you ignore or just the Women's team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back