Remove this Banner Ad

I'm assuming you've traded Sidey for a packet of chips or Aish is keeping him out of the side???
I forgot about him, but then again I don't really care about him too much and I am hungry, those chips sound good.

Not going to discuss the recruit but if you think Keeffe is going to comeback straight away after not playing football since 2014 you are kidding your self. He will need time in the twos to find his feet

Its a speculative call but at his best I would pick him. I hope he can find his feet in the nab and intra club. He's basically as far back as Scharenberg.

Its a speculative call but at his best I would pick him. I hope he can find his feet in the nab and intra club. He's basically as far back as Scharenberg.
He is a lot further back than Scharenberg as he has not even trained in two years. You have to remember also that he isn't allowed to resume training until a month before his ban is up so that is some time in feb

He is a lot further back than Scharenberg as he has not even trained in two years. You have to remember also that he isn't allowed to resume training until a month before his ban is up so that is some time in feb

I hope he's doing his own training. Anyways we'll see soon enough.

Now that this season is done it is time to look to the future, things that need to be done for us to move forward; new coach/coaching panel a ruck coach and a new fitness boss.

If we get a new coach who can improve how we defend through the middle of the ground you will see a vast improvement in the backline. Hopefully we can get our best midfield together and one of our rucks can stand up. The forward line is our biggest issue hopefully a new coach can reinvigorate Cloke and he and Moore can combine up forward.

FB: Williams Brown Marsh
CHB: Ramsay Reid Scharenberg
C: Sidebottom Adams Varcoe
CHF: Howe Moore Elliott
FF: Fasolo Cloke Swan
Rucks: Witts Pendlebury Treloar
Inter: DeGoey Langdon Greewood Cox

interesting theory but that is not apples for apples so to be fair to the new coach the line up should look like the below. based on what buckley had to work with last game.

FB: Brown** Marsh
CHB: Reid
C: Sidebottom
CHF: Howe Moore
FF: Fasolo Cloke**
Inter: DeGoey Greewood Cox

** Denotes out of the team on form but should be in.

I hope he's doing his own training. Anyways we'll see soon enough.
Look I think out of the two he will offer more, but he hasn't been able to do any football training. He may have kept his fitness up but he will be rusty also he will be a long way behind the others with the game plan especially if we get a new coach

Stuart Dew - Head Coach
Paul Roos - Head Assistant
Peter Daicos - Skills Coach
Damian Monkhorst - Ruck Coach
Mick McGuane - Midfield coach

Start there.
Two things on Daicos he can't coach at the Pies, reasons why I don't believe it works having a father on the coaching panel and a son on the team also just because he is arguably the best kick to play the game doesn't mean he can teach the skill.

most were playing rnd 1 and that made a big difference

Well that's most except of course for Varcoe, Sidebottom, Reid, Marsh, Howe, Elliott, Scharenberg, and Cox... and if you include Swanny's couple of minutes as a contribution... then yeah, most!

What is with all this Laidley/Choco/Ratten business as senior assistant when talking about someone like Dew?

I just don't get it when you're talking about a bloke who had been in the coaching ranks for a substantial period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that this season is done it is time to look to the future, things that need to be done for us to move forward; new coach/coaching panel a ruck coach and a new fitness boss.

If we get a new coach who can improve how we defend through the middle of the ground you will see a vast improvement in the backline. Hopefully we can get our best midfield together and one of our rucks can stand up. The forward line is our biggest issue hopefully a new coach can reinvigorate Cloke and he and Moore can combine up forward.

FB: Williams Brown Marsh
CHB: Ramsay Reid Scharenberg
C: Sidebottom Adams Varcoe
CHF: Howe Moore Elliott
FF: Fasolo Cloke Swan
Inter: DeGoey Langdon Greewood Cox
This was the year we were meant to win the flag..

What is with all this Laidley/Choco/Ratten business as senior assistant when talking about someone like Dew?

I just don't get it when you're talking about a bloke who had been in the coaching ranks for a substantial period of time.

Agree if the senior coach needs a senior assistant to pull the right reins and make the right calls, mentor all the other assistants maybe make the senior assistant the Senior Coach to begin with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back