Opinion 2019 New Player Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben would be wise to take a high number. We'll nominate him and he'll come late. Maybe in time if he reaches the heights of his dad, he'll inherit it from Jack.
Am I missing something? Didn't father/son nominations close on Friday and there has been no word of us nominating Ben?

My guess so far:

11 - Settlefield
13 - McGovern
17 - Fasolo
18 - Walsh(?)
24 - Newman
32 - BOS(?)
37 - Owies
40 - Hickmott(?)

11. Doull to present
13. The Cranium ... or Eric Pascoe
17. God knows. Won't be Rowey I'm guessing. Setanta would be fun.
18. As per 17 but won't be Justin Murphy
24. What a calamity this number is. Hopefully Matty Allan accepts an invitation. Nick Stevens can get stuffed in whatever sewer he resides in right now.
32. Glascott or Thornton. Don't think Whitehead or Graham would be up for it.
37. Harmesy
40. Jamo

It was covered in one of the other threads but the 'other' player number is also up for a milestone this year with our first debutant to be player no 1200 for the mighty Carlton Football Club! TDK was 1199....

So anyone who debuts in Round 1, subject to alphabetical order, will be 1200.. Fasolo v McGovern v Newman v Walsh.... or a smokey like Blakey :)

Reminds me of Michael Slater's test debut.

355 players had worn the baggy green before Slater debuted in the same test with Brendan Julian.

Aussies batted first, so Slater decided he had 'played' before Julian and must be #356.

He was so excited and proud that he got a #356 tattoo and ordered MS356 as his number plate on a new Ferrari.

Much later he found out it's done alphabetically, so Julian was actually 356 and he was 357. OOPS!

After checking with Julian, who wasn't fussed, the ACB eventually declared Slater #356 and Julian #357.

If I was Julian, I would have insisted on keeping #356 just to annoy Slats :)

A 3.5 month window to recruit players on an ad-hoc basis that occurs entirely in the off-season. First-time nominated players are ineligible.

Yep, let's call it the mid-season rookie draft.

Only in the AFL...

They’re actually calling it the Supplementary Selection Period.

The mid-season rookie draft will be held at some point during the 2019 season.

Reminds me of Michael Slater's test debut.

355 players had worn the baggy green before Slater debuted in the same test with Brendan Julian.

Aussies batted first, so Slater decided he had 'played' before Julian and must be #356.

He was so excited and proud that he got a #356 tattoo and ordered MS356 as his number plate on a new Ferrari.

Much later he found out it's done alphabetically, so Julian was actually 356 and he was 357. OOPS!

After checking with Julian, who wasn't fussed, the ACB eventually declared Slater #356 and Julian #357.

If I was Julian, I would have insisted on keeping #356 just to annoy Slats :)

That’s brilliant, have not heard that and was a big slats fan.

I was told today BJ is worth half a billion after marrying well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2019 New Player Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back