NFL 2019 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Drew Lock looks legit. So does Daniel Jones. Ryan Finley looks good. Dwayne Haskins is legit. Don't sleep on Will Grier, Trace McSorley either.
Regarding Lock and Jones.

Some experts think Jones was not NFL impressive, besides getting MVP of Senior bowl.

He was made to look better, by his receivers, and the big doubt is his arm, where a few of his throws, the ball wobbled in the air. Look for him to slide a tad.

Drew Lock however was the QB who apparently impressed.

Happy with that, I can't wait to watch Lock's career. I have my fingers crossed, that somehow the Bengals may have had enough of Dalton. But its more like Giants, Jaguars or Broncos may take a QB.

Regarding Lock and Jones.

Some experts think Jones was not NFL impressive, besides getting MVP of Senior bowl.

He was made to look better, by his receivers, and the big doubt is his arm, where a few of his throws, the ball wobbled in the air. Look for him to slide a tad.

Drew Lock however was the QB who apparently impressed.

Happy with that, I can't wait to watch Lock's career. I have my fingers crossed, that somehow the Bengals may have had enough of Dalton. But its more like Giants, Jaguars or Broncos may take a QB.

Saw some analysis on Lock's arm and reading skills...he's legit NFL caliber.
Jones yeah he's a bit iffy, but who knows?
Haskins is a certified gun, no sweat.
Stidham sucks
I liked McSorley, think he can surprise.

If the Giants ride with Eli for another year Gettleman needs a to be booked in for a cat scan. Even in a weak QB class.

Will be interesting to see what teams like the Jags and potentially Bengals do ( do you really want to pay Andy Dalton?)...

Can see Haskins going top 5 for sure. If the Giants stay put I reckon someone leaps them to get Haskins

Haskins and Lock surely early-mid 1st rounders.
Murray could be a late 1st, tho I don't buy it.
Some of the others i mentioned and others not mentioned.....there could be one or two taken in the 2nd/3rd as QB needy teams reach.
But you can assume guys like Foles, Flacco will go to QB needy teams pre-draft, so there wont be a run on QBs in the 1st.
Who needs it most?
Giants, Jaguars, Broncos...Jaguars and Broncos more than even Giants who could feasibly roll Eli out for another season. But Elway could go Foles/Flacco instead to try to have a good year right away not struggle again with a rookie, and take another QB prospect like say Jones/Finley/Stidham in the 3rd or so.

I'd be upset if my team decided Jones was their QB of the future, does nothing special whatsoever. Very meh. He's not winning you a championship.

He is Chad Pennington

Drew Lock looks legit. So does Daniel Jones. Ryan Finley looks good. Dwayne Haskins is legit. Don't sleep on Will Grier, Trace McSorley either.
To think I was actually warming to Denver taking him

It's actually worse that Elway likes him, not that GG likes him. He has a worse QB strike rate than i do. Or, that we both like him is a double death knell.
John Skelton determines that is a lie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an indication of where the relative strength and depth of various positions in the draft here's an extract of how various positions are represented in the top 100

Top 32

33 - 64

65-100

EDGE

iDL

OT

WR

S

TE

CB

LB

RB

iOL

QB

The source data comes from https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/14/solaks-expanded-2019-big-board-top-100/

Interesting to note that this analyst has no 1st round QB talent (Dwayne Haskins is at 49), and following last year's strong showing for inside OL, this year's group only has one 1st rounder (Chris Lindstrom @ 16)

BTW - Solak is not saying there won't be a QB drafted in the 1st round....

Last edited:
oh dear, if jon gruden drafted him #4 overall or with a late 1st

I think he has to do these things cause 'sponsorship' but would it be that hard to put a bit of prep in, give a little something at least? Comes across as very entitled, not what I'd want to be seeing as a recruiter. Baseball can have him.

Elijah Holyfield declares for the 2019 NFL Draft as the fourth Bulldog to forgo senior season

ATHENS, GA
Georgia running back Elijah Holyfield is the latest Bulldog to declare for the NFL Draft.

Holyfield, who received his first full workload in 2018 splitting carries with sophomore D’Andre Swift, recorded over 1,000 yards on the season and eclipsed the mark against Texas on Tuesday. He and Swift both ran for over 1,000 yards in a season where Georgia had more success in the run game.

Mecole Hardman, Riley Ridley and Isaac Nauta were the others to publicly share their intentions Friday.

“I would like to take this time to officially declare for the NFL Draft,” Holyfield said in a graphic released on Twitter. “I go forward, while always reflecting on my time in Athens, knowing I will work tirelessly to make Dawg Nation proud. No matter where my playing career may lead me, I will always be a GA boy.”

As the hours pass, Georgia players are leaving the program like doorbusters on a day-after Thanksgiving sale. Maybe it’s just the usual Friday news dump, but this is to massive proportions.

Smart has been vocal on draft-eligible players and their decisions to leave school a year early. Last season, he thought it only made sense if the player graded “in the first-or-second round.” For the most part, that was the case for the Bulldogs as Roquan Smith was selected eighth by the Chicago Bears in 2018 and there weren’t many other players to leave early.

A year later, however, there is quite the falling out for Georgia after an 11-3 season and a 28-21 loss to Texas in the Sugar Bowl. Holyfield marked the fourth Georgia player to leave the program for the draft early (two also transferred, so that marks six departures for the Bulldogs in a 24-hour period) and other players still have decisions to make — place-kicker Rodrigo Blankenship and safety J.R. Reed.

Smart, despite losing a plethora of key contributors, gave support in a statement released moments after Holyfield’s decision.

“We wish the best to Mecole Hardman, Elijah Holyfield, Isaac Nauta and Riley Ridley as they pursue their careers at the next level,” Smart said. “All four of these juniors contributed significantly to our success during the last two seasons and we look forward to them making the best out of their shot at the NFL. As with all our players, we also will encourage them to complete their degrees to get prepared for the next chapter of their lives.”

Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray will attend this month's NFL Combine.

It's the latest gambit in Murray's chess match with the Oakland A's, though he's also surely actually interested in seeing how he tests as he tries to decide which sport to play. He is one of a whopping 338 players who will be in Indy. The full list can be found at the link below.

Source: NFL.com

Tai Lopez showing off his sporting Knnnnnowledge outside of basketball once again...

Imagine if SAS was white.... he even double downed on it afterwards. ****ing moron. One of Haskins biggest knock is that he has trouble avoiding getting hit

In a statement, Kyler Murray said he is "firmly and fully committing my life and time to becoming an NFL quarterback."

"Football has been my love and passion my entire life," Murray continued. "I was raised to play QB, and I very much look forward to dedicating 100% of myself to being the best QB possible and winning NFL championships." Murray goes on to say he is training for the NFL Draft process which will begin at the Combine later this month. With his focus firmly on football, it would be a shock if Murray falls out of the first round despite concerns about his size.

Source: Kyler Murray on Twitter

I don't know about Murray, his "no comment" interview was cringe worthy, seems to me daddy likes to answer the questions for him.

Who knows what he really wants.
hes just playing the field. saying what he needs to say to get drafted in the 1st, and then can choose baseball or football

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2019 NFL Draft Prospects Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back