Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny, those that watched AFL360 last night would've seen Roo talking about the situation we're in with injury at the moment. If you re-watch the segment he clearly was talking directly to the playing group when he spoke about it galvanizing players and being the impetus to a successful year. Lets hope the players were listening.

Remember the year Roo tore his hamstring off the bone and everyone wrote us off for the season?

Edit: I see I’ve done a Sandra Sully :rolleyes:

Last edited:
that was some game! werent we without a bench. a bunch of players playing through injury to defeat the pies at etihad?
Chips was concussed, Lenny suffered a broken nose and Milney was called a rapist. It was one of our best wins that year IMO.

we lost 3 out of the next 5 games though, got smashed by carlton 120-68, it was looking pretty grim

(I'm not rain man I was looking at that year earlier)

Well I was pretty impressed....for about 2 seconds:p

I was imagining some rasta bar on a beach downing cans with backpackers. That sounds like hard work. I was imagining king Premo in his bar with dreadlocks, Hawaiian shirt and an all day weed grin.
Yeah - sweeping yards picking up manure , slashing grass for feed , fixing fences etc - hide inside from 11.00 to 15.00 - to hot this time of year.

Yeah - sweeping yards picking up manure , slashing grass for feed , fixing fences etc - hide inside from 11.00 to 15.00 - to hot this time of year.

Not long until Song kran (used to live in Thailand for a very short time with a crazy ex gf - ting tong mak mak)!!!!!

Not long until Song kran (used to live in Thailand for a very short time with a crazy ex gf - ting tong mak mak)!!!!!
Yeah starts April 13 , usually keep pretty quiet and keep off the roads , as you know the death toll during that period is huge 418 dead over 7 days and close to 4000 injured.

Yeah starts April 13 , usually keep pretty quiet and keep off the roads , as you know the death toll during that period is huge 418 dead over 7 days and close to 4000 injured.

I was there for Song Kran once, we got someone in a truck throw a full plastic bin full of water including the bin on us as they drove past. I thought it was going to break bones, hurt less than it should after drinking horrible Thai whiskey.

“A further update on this.
Roberton as I said earlier is now retired.
McCartin out indefinitely and getting external advice and testing on his brain independent from club.
In my opinion on what I’ve been told very unlikely to ever play again.”

- jaxons

Well that just popped the last bit of air left in the balloon. I just hope he's wrong still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there for Song Kran once, we got someone in a truck throw a full plastic bin full of water including the bin on us as they drove past. I thought it was going to break bones, hurt less than it should after drinking horrible Thai whiskey.
yeah its enjoyable the first few times , always remember a mate of mine who was a Royal Marine , the 2nd day of Songkhan we both woke with shocking headaches , as we stepped out from the hotel some guy soaked him , the next thing he had on deck ready to throttle him - had to drag him off.
There is always something going on during Songkran.
You have to really take notice of the customs there.
Only thing here that really piss's me off are the stray dogs.
They get rabies , most don't attack you but I have had a hell of a lot of animals killed because of them (sheep , goats , chickens ) - and you are not allowed to kill them.
I have a house in town and I don't dare walk around the block due to the dogs.

In the intro video with Jono Marsh, the interviewer asked him if he was excited to play in a backline with Geary, Nathan Brown and Jimmy Webster. Thought it might be telling he did not mention Roberton.
Exactly. At least he'll get to play with "absolute superstars" Geary and Webster though! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back