AFL 2020 - AFL Round 15 (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no empirical evidence to suggest that days break matters
As a start you should tally up 4th qtr margin differential of teams coming off 4 day breaks. Obviously sample size is small but the results are overwhelming.

Historically stats say that breaks do matter ie teams with 2 additional days rest and consecutive 6 day breaks being detrimental.

Typically a 4 day break is a killer. 5 days break don't seem to be anywhere near as detrimental.

Geel smashed Port off a 4 day break has been the exception to the rule.
There is no empirical evidence to suggest that days break matters
As a start you should tally up 4th qtr margin differential of teams coming off 4 day breaks. Obviously sample size is small but the results are overwhelming.

Historically stats say that breaks do matter ie teams with 2 additional days rest and consecutive 6 day breaks being detrimental.

Youre both right and wrong.

iluvparis is right, historically there is little evidence, supported by larger sample size.

mookieb is right, as this year there has been, but smaller sample size.

1u Melb 4th qtr -4.5 and 0.5u Melb -12.5 4th qtr $3.25. Melb very fit and good finishers vs a poor last qtr team.

1u Coll +13.5. Think Cox and Thomas have found a bit of form and made a difference. Team looked very good vs Carl.

3u WB +9.5 vs WC (next round). Think WC midfield lacks grunt without Shuey and Yeo. Been average away from home. 5 day break vs WB with the week off. I think WB's get the win here.

The stats DON'T say that - as I said there is no empirical data to support your claims - go and read the squiggle thread and brush up.

Youre both right and wrong.

iluvparis is right, historically there is little evidence, supported by larger sample size.

mookieb is right, as this year there has been, but smaller sample size.

Geez - so I wonder which one we are going to believe - actually I know - in the modern world it is definitely the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2020 - AFL Round 15 (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back