News 2020 Kevin Sheedy Medal - Congratulations Haynes & Whitfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to go to sleep soon for work so was hoping to get an hour.
May get 30mins now.
I have a 3am start, think they will go pretty quick unless players leaving are talking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a little surprised! Haynes was a favourite, Whitfield I had in the battle for 5th. Just shows how much stuff the players do that the coaches value that we as fans miss.
Hopper also higher than I expected.

Is there a top 10 available?

Kevin Sheedy Medal top 10

=1. Lachie Whitfield - 98 votes
=1. Nick Haynes - 98
3. Harry Perryman - 96
=4. Jacob Hopper - 79
=4. Josh Kelly - 79
6. Brent Daniels - 69
=7. Toby Greene - 68
=7. Matt de Boer - 68
9. Aidan Corr - 66
10. Stephen Coniglio - 58

I'm a little surprised! Haynes was a favourite, Whitfield I had in the battle for 5th. Just shows how much stuff the players do that the coaches value that we as fans miss.
Hopper also higher than I expected.
It's partly the voting methodology - around playing the assigned role. So while we fans might reward the flashy stuff, the coaches will reward non-flashy stuff. There's a reward for playing a lot of games - providing you perform your role, whereas when we do our board voting, it's easier for someone to play a few flashy votes and edge higher. Nevertheless, our board voting had 8 out of 10 names correct (not necessarily in the right place). The ones not credited? Workhorses Matt de Boer & Aidan Corr versus Tim Taranto & Tom Green, who missed a lot of matches but played some flashy games when they did. We had 4 of the top 5 names correct too, with Pez not credited enough and our voting not nearly as close as the coaches.

The scores are a lot less than in previous years (half of last year's score for the top players), denoting we played poorly in comparison to past campaigns.

Congrats to all the winners of the night, missed the last 30mins.

And especially to our Sheedy winners Lachie “two time” Whitfield and Nick Haynes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back