Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury list now Lance Franklin, Tom Papley, Callum Sinclair, Sam Naismith, Harry Cunningham, Sam Gray, Colin O’Riordan and Jack Maibaum

That's fair few players to get sorted by round one. Buddy a real blow. I'd love to have a low injury year for a change

Injury list now Lance Franklin, Tom Papley, Callum Sinclair, Sam Naismith, Harry Cunningham, Sam Gray, Colin O’Riordan and Jack Maibaum

That's fair few players to get sorted by round one. Buddy a real blow. I'd love to have a low injury year for a change

Well if we are going to cop injuries, you'd rather it be in a year we aren't contending (lets be realistic, we aren't). Looking forward to seeing these kids develop in 2020, wins are a bonus.

Why do you believe the club with this prognosis?

Yes, I am not a doctor. No I don't have any inside information.

But why is this one believable with evidence of the other lies, errors, honest mistakes, garbage or whatever you want to call it that has been fed to us over injuries spread over years and years?

Pot luck they get this right? Or happy coincidence this lines up with getting membership renewals and maintains the faith in the gullible?

I mean this time they have to be right yah?
I agree. Yes, you're not a doctor. No you don't have any inside information. Then you lost me at UFO sightings, Elvis is alive and fake moon landings

Injuries, it's a revolving door. Probably most of those on the list now will be available for R1, we know that a number of them were on modified programs prior to the break coming back from LTI's.

Let's see what the list looks like in a month's time.

Hope Buddy didn’t do his knee jumping Rampe style over the steel chain around Lakeside.

That would be enough to put Horse to pasture.

Here's some actual footage of Buddy injuring the knee.

See the source image

Okay, I'll bite... :)

Without Buddy, I think it's much less likely that Hayward will spend more time in the mids, and I reckon he'll stay on the high half forward line when Buddy comes back. Personally, I think he has the most to gain from playing and hanging with Buddy... and he'll be the one to smash his preseason and blow us all away.

I think that every year for the next few, Dawson will get better and better...

I find the whole 'out of position' thing a bit ridiculous... if you are given an opportunity at playing at AFL level, you'll play anywhere on the park to get a foot in... if not, then you just don't have the competitive and/or team spirit required (imo).

I'll be interested in peoples opinions of Wicks... I thought good things about him a while back but haven't seen much footy in the last 12 months so don't know where he is? Is he going to make it?

I thought Wicks was our best draftee in 2019 behind Blakey and Rowbottom. Big fan of him.

Not sure about the rest but COR was back full training before the Christmas break and apparently looking better and fitter than ever. Hopefully he put in a good stint over Christmas and we see lots more from him this coming year

I know most on here think the club farts unicorns and rainbows

But tell me a player over 30 we haven’t turned into a shadow of themselves by running them into the ground

Also tell me the portion of marketing. Social media done with buddy versus any other player

Club needs to focus on winning again and managing players like they used too
what do you mean by managing players?

Do you mean they shouldn't train? not play every game?

Players do naturally deteriorate past the age of 30, that's not the clubs fault.

Not sure about the marketing but Heeney gets a pretty good run on that front from all the stuff I see.

what do you mean by managing players?

Do you mean they shouldn't train? not play every game?

Players do naturally deteriorate past the age of 30, that's not the clubs fault.

Not sure about the marketing but Heeney gets a pretty good run on that front from all the stuff I see.

Not sure why anyone would want Heeney or any other Swan to be used in the marketing instead of Buddy.. apparently Buddy has carried them all so they don't deserve the attention!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephens won the 2km time trial
Cunningham 5th - not bad for someone on the injury list
McLean had no moon boot on (he was wearing one before xmas)
Mailbaum running well and joining in drills - agin not bad for someone on the injury list
Knoll - top 5 in the 2km time trial. Maybe his endurance, leap and body work in tight were some reasons he was re-contracted

Stephens won the 2km time trial
Cunningham 5th - not bad for someone on the injury list
McLean had no moon boot on (he was wearing one before xmas)
Mailbaum running well and joining in drills - agin not bad for someone on the injury list
Knoll - top 5 in the 2km time trial. Maybe his endurance, leap and body work in tight were some reasons he was re-contracted

Good to hear re McLean & Maibaum!

I just hope nobody tears something this preseason... ughhh feel for Naismith.
Are people still thinking rumours of another Naismith injury are true?
There are pictures of him joining training today.. strapping on left shoulder, none on his knees or legs.

Did anyone go to training today?

Im liking the way the Club is handling this pre-season.. We have 14 players eligible for the rising star award (the most out of all clubs) and this doesn't include players like Rowbottom, Blakey, McCartin as they've played too many games.. We've a very young list!
Both Harley and Horse have come out and said .. the goal is to be competitive rather than make finals. Maybe that's realistic, but its taking pressure off the young guys. Good management imo..
In this even competition and with our draw, the Swans only need a little luck with injuries and are a very realistic chance of finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back