Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite a few younger guys have been singled out by the club as impressing over this pre-season (Stephens, Gould, Dawson, Florent, Hayward, Rowbottom, Blakey) but no mention of some of the NEAFL guys like Bell, Clarke, Stoddart etc. These are the ones who kinda need to be having big pre-seasons so they can have a breakthrough year as more than just depth players. 2020 is make or break for a few of them IMO.

Regardless of whether you rate him or not, it'd be good to have Naismith fit after missing so much footy, and gotta love his confidence in himself and the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually more excited about the delivery than the mark.

Yep... Blakey the Ridiculous!
Also exciting that his teammate offers the challenge with a good aggressive lead and converts the play with a good grab... who is that?
While Nick is capable of pulling off plays like this, the influence he has on other youth around him can’t be overstated... that game v Melbourne late last year a case in point... with Blakey leading the way, our kids really stood up and took it on resulting in the prettiest footy our Swans have played in years.
Interesting that Beatson and Longmire both mentioned “upbeat” personalities in the post-draft interviews... I’m keen for some upbeat footy

I think Blakey has a great ability to quickly breakdown the movement of players around him and execute his kicks brilliantly. For all his wonderful natural talents this may be the one that elevates him. It's that ability that guys like Sam Mitchell, Pendlebury and the great Diesel williams possessed. Players like Dangerfield and Fyfe for all their greatness just don't have it.

Any updates on players training houses down?
images

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back