List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Remember seeing a picture of Ely Smith at the start of the year and he really packed on the muscle, had high hopes he could break into the midfield. Obviously didn't happen.
i had hopes also that Ely would get some exposure, but Fages seems reluctant to change (harder when team is winning), and we don't know how he performed in the ressies.

I got to most of the Wednesday afternoon preseason training sessions before Christmas and a couple after.

I can report Ely, Dev and Oscar (with various other two mids) often stayed back to do extra stoppage training. Focusing on blocking, setting screens, getting free, etc.

If Ely doesn’t “make it”, it won’t be from a lack of effort or training.

I got to most of the Wednesday afternoon preseason training sessions before Christmas and a couple after.

I can report Ely, Dev and Oscar (with various other two mids) often stayed back to do extra stoppage training. Focusing on blocking, setting screens, getting free, etc.

If Ely doesn’t “make it”, it won’t be from a lack of effort or training.
Interesting. Hopefully with a full year of working on it, they can impact next season.

Ely might be of interest to Bombers. They are trying to woo Dunkley which is likely to fail, in which case they're likely to ask questions about Ely.

Whether we'll use Ely's salary on Daniher to help Essendon get Band 1 is a totally separate matter.

They were really into him at the draft and have been rumoured to have kept tabs on him. A die hard Bombers mate of mine seems sure this will be the young player they ask for. If it got the deal done, I would do it.

Last edited:
They were really into him at the draft and have been rumoured to have kept tabs on him. A die hard Bombers mate of mine seems sure this will be the young player they ask for. If it got the deal done, I would do it.
Freo also wanted Starcevich as the player before he was locked into seniors when Neale came over. Obviously the coaches knew the potential of what he could become. I will back the coaches to know if they see Smith reaching his potential or not.

I wonder if they’ll still be interested, if they get both Dunkley’s.

If they match the free agency offer, I would be happy to have Daniher nominate for the national draft & pick him up with pick 17.

That would get the deal done & I would do it.

So trade radio starts at 7am... is that like 6am our time? That is 1 early start. Will be interesting to see if we put in the Daniher FA paperwork on the Friday 30th when FA opens up. They have 3 days to match it, trade period doesn't start until the 4th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So trade radio starts at 7am... is that like 6am our time? That is 1 early start. Will be interesting to see if we put in the Daniher FA paperwork on the Friday 30th when FA opens up. They have 3 days to match it, trade period doesn't start until the 4th.
I would.
Make them make the decision quick and gives more time to make a trade happen if they match.

just read we keen on hogan if joey falls through.
It's self evident we need someone with a bit of presence in the FF line.

Daniher's certainly got that. Hogan I think would be a big risk but it all depends on whether we see our environment improving his mindset. He did show some decent signs this year. I really hope for his sake he's able to resurrect his career if that's what he wants to do.

Daniher's certainly got that. Hogan I think would be a big risk but it all depends on whether we see our environment improving his mindset. He did show some decent signs this year. I really hope for his sake he's able to resurrect his career if that's what he wants to do.

Its a ricky nixon report, you can ignore.

He has drug issues that will follow him up here, great player though.

Freo also wanted Starcevich as the player before he was locked into seniors when Neale came over. Obviously the coaches knew the potential of what he could become. I will back the coaches to know if they see Smith reaching his potential or not.

Same, if they don't entertain it - we will know they rate him.

Was great to hear Dom Fay raise the "Daniher" connection with Fages and how Neale had sent a wonderful text message to Fages when the Joe news broke. Fages spoke about the quality and character of the extended Daniher family and how he thought Joe had leadership qualities and would be a great cultural fit for the Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back