AFL 2021 AFL Grand Final (Macrae is a spud thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

think there's been huge Momentum suddenly for both teams, Oliver and Petracca won't be able to Waltz out of the centre the way Dunkley and Libba even Mcrae are cracking in, Naughton has some huge confidence now too... should be very close!! I was hoping for a physical dogs win as I sensed Port were peaking but how wrong was I!!!! now looks like the dogs definately were the top team with Melbourne all year, what do we think the total starts at if the weather is fine?? both teams are really fast and like to score, rare to see a final get above 160 these days but this could be around 159-162??

Genuinely look forward to Tracc taking the medal and Steads rolling in like Vince McMahon

Imagine if he wins it in a losing side too - will be unbearable

Who is stead lol? I got Bailey Smith 26.00 late in the Port Adelaide game but he will obviously get less freedom on the wing I expect Brayshaw to take him in a defensive role,homework will go into Smith but still nice odds

Yeah I normally look forward half forward flanker types like Chapman/Stevie J who can kick a bag but still get plenty of touches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I assume this would be top 4 teams Prelim results where they won their first final since pre-finals bye commenced. Should be quite solid you would think as they all finished top 4 and won their first final before the prelim.

I'm considering 40+
Looking very much like Richmond of 2017
No way, Dogs play accountable footy with Libba,Dunkley,McRae,Bont cracking in, only have to look at their most recent game vs dees..it'll be close and they get Keath and Weightman back and have a strong defence like Melbourne

Last edited:
5 units - Jack Macrae Norm Smith.

i think the dogs are a huge chance here, they appear to be back to that early season form and beat Melbourne not so long ago in round 20.

If they win Macrae gets his usual high 30’s, 8-10 clearances & 7-10 inside 50’s. Could sneak a goal or two also. Difference being i think Melbourne will be putting work into bont & libba. Macrae deserves some recognition for his body of work this year and is massively under appreciated. I think this is where he gets his reward for effort. Melbourne to restrict them enough where a forward doesn't get on top but ultimately Dogs to grind out a 10-20 point win. Main concerns being Daniel/Dale who i think are worth a shout at odds.

Last edited:
Total a relatively low 155.5 given the forecast perfect conditions 12 days out not a sign of rain 2-3 days either side of Saturday week really,yes both teams have good defenses but This could be a skills attacking spectacle for our game.

5 units - Jack Macrae Norm Smith.

i think the dogs are a huge chance here, they appear to be back to that early season form and beat Melbourne not so long ago in round 20.

If they win Macrae gets his usual high 30’s, 8-10 clearances & 7-10 inside 50’s. Difference being i think Melbourne will be putting work into bont & libba. Macrae deserves some recognition for his body of work this year and is massively under appreciated. I think this is where he gets his reward for effort. Melbourne to restrict them enough where a forward doesn't get on top but ultimately Dogs to grind out a 10-20 point win. Main concerns being Daniel/Dale who i think are worth a shout at odds.
Yeh I'm on Smith and McRae for dogs, Smith will get a lot of attention from good defence minded wings Brayshaw and Langdon but $26 was too good to ignore, Harmes probably to bont and viney v libba definitely means McRae probably does his thing

BloodRed do you think the Bulldogs win over Port was a farkin dream you had? Go and watch the replay and tell me that these two sides are fairly even.
Loading Melbourne = confetti !!!
Sorry mate I heard none of that

97DCC332-0954-46CB-A283-98106E15EB50.png

Tabtouch has money back in real cash upto $50 if your norm pick gather 33 possies or kicks 3 goals, not bad for McRae backer but he's into 8.50 probably because of this when he's $11 at pointsbet, or whoever gets free of Dunkley out of Petracca Oliver... Doubt petracca finds it 33 times though, unlikely Viney will go 34 again on libba,or you could take a Kozi Pickett type at big odds too

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2021 AFL Grand Final (Macrae is a spud thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back