General Bombers Talk 2021 Crichton Medal | Winner: Zach Merrett | Runner-Up: Darcy Parish | 3rd: Will Snelling

Who will win the Crichton Medal?

• Nick Hind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peter Wright

• Dyson Heppell

• Mason Redman

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

no he didn't
Cox was anonymous in the second half of the season
Perkins was consistent throughout
You don’t remember his games against Adelaide and gws, he had solid games. Perkins hardly touched the ball after his break out game and was lucky to keep his spot due to tippa being unavailable for selection.

You don’t remember his games against Adelaide and gws, he had solid games. Perkins hardly touched the ball after his break out game and was lucky to keep his spot due to tippa being unavailable for selection.
If i went through the top 5 games each player played ... then yeah Cox would win
However Perko was far more consistent across the whole season

Its pretty crazy that Snelling earned more votes per game than Parish. Parish who came top 5 in the brownlow.
I did think Merrett would win through sheer consistency but yeah I think if you added 50 points to Parish and took 50 points off Snelling that would be more about where I thought the top 10 would fall.

Just to be clear I thought Snelling had a good season for us and deserves to be somewhere in the top 10 B&F but yeah very surprising just how highly the coaches rated him.

Hind seems a little low although his impact did fall in the final quarter of the season I thought.

Its an exciting top 10 though. Not a single bloke 30 or over and most of them will be in their primes for years to come.

Edit: Redman probably a bit stiff to miss out I reckon. You could make a fair argument that he was better than Heppell or Tippa over the totality of the season.

I think rewarding Snelling for executing his role is the perfect embodiment of Truck and the coaching staff's blue-collar model. Shows that doing the team stuff will get you recognition and a consistent spot in the 22. Great for all the young kids coming through, kids who have come from much higher up the draft board than Will.
Otherwise, stoked for Zach, Darcy, Snelling and especially Lav. Great rewards for consistent seasons and they all spoke really well about the future. On to 2022. Go Dons!

Great rewards for consistent seasons and they all spoke really well about the future.
That reminds me of something else I meant to comment on earlier.

Both Rutten and Brasher were very clear about us still having a big gap to close to get to the next step. Kept a good lid on things and not getting ahead of themselves, at least not publicly.

Well Cox didn’t keep his spot.

It was awarded to the player under 21 with 10 games or less a the start of the season who received the most Crichton medal votes.

I won't pretend I'm not surprised by where Snelling finished. It is the sort of outcome that makes you question the voting system.

Not surprised by Merrett winning - he's the most consistent player at the club. Parish earning fewer votes per game than Snelling, Stringer and Langford was a bit of a head scratcher.

I'd have expected Hind to poll a bit better. Heppell too. Surprised by Snelling, Langford polling so well despite missing so many games. Was good to see Laverde do well after I'd written him off as a footballer.

Back