2021 SBFFL Matchday Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ended up being pretty close simonoz I felt pretty safe when I saw that I had a 200 point advantage on you on UF! Rowell going down more than likely cost you the win, very unlucky mate!

Rocky copping the sub vest is just wretched. A bit of talent in the waiver wire. TheSmokies copped a forward donut with no forwards in his squad selected to play!
nice pick up in Drew Fijian,
looks like he may have edged rocky out of a job.
reckon i drafted him in the OG draft and held him for a few years waiting, then traded him for peanuts to someone else who held on for a year then delisted.
he might finally get going now!

FB: Jonas (63) - Astbury (49) - Duryea (88)
HB: Haynes (89) - Hooker (45) - Mills (154)
C: Ward (110) - Fyfe (109) - Lyons (100)
HF: Zorko (114) - Taberner (84) - Butters (98)
FF: R. Gray (82) - Darling (78) - I. Smith (68)
R: Grundy (70) - Coniglio (88) - J. P. Kennedy (50)
I: Ziebell (113) - Stephenson (112) - T. Lynch (112) - N. Jones (51)
Captain: Grundy (70)
Total Score: 1997

The Smokies - 1587
B- Andrews- 74, Davis 55, Ash 63
HB- Cunningham 54, Redman 49, Nelson 72
C- Boak (VC) 160, Gaff 57, Hopper 110
HF Bolton 85, Brodie 54, Elliott 55
F MacPherson 65, JUH 0, Cameron 42
R Witts 75, Treloar 63, Menegola 71
INT- Neale (C) 154, Hewett 60, McCluggage 68, Selwood 101

Just not good

nice pick up in Drew Fijian,
looks like he may have edged rocky out of a job.
reckon i drafted him in the OG draft and held him for a few years waiting, then traded him for peanuts to someone else who held on for a year then delisted.
he might finally get going now!
Yeah, I'm still not sure Drew is genuine best 22 but he showed plenty in pre-season.

I'm starting to feel the same way about Gould now. Not sure how long I want to carry him with some youngsters like Jiath, Jordon, Wicks in the FA pool. I know as soon as I drop him I'll regret it.

The Smokies - 1587
B- Andrews- 74, Davis 55, Ash 63
HB- Cunningham 54, Redman 49, Nelson 72
C- Boak (VC) 160, Gaff 57, Hopper 110
HF Bolton 85, Brodie 54, Elliott 55
F MacPherson 65, JUH 0, Cameron 42
R Witts 75, Treloar 63, Menegola 71
INT- Neale (C) 154, Hewett 60, McCluggage 68, Selwood 101

Just not good

Clinton Jones Medal - Total Points Awarded Team Rankings
  • 6 Points - Emu FC, Jonzi FC
  • 5 Points - Young Guns
  • 4 Points - Brownlow Beach Wrack, Olma FC
  • 2 Points - Flaming Phoenix, New Amsterdam FC
  • 1 Point - CanonEyes FC
  • 0 Points - DVS Cattsman, The Smokies

How do we get points?
If you go to the menu ribbon and select League -> Player Medal you can see the points that have been awarded (I think the points get awarded by the so called footy experts at The Age).

1616558912874.png
1616558928772.png

I just thought it would be fun to tally the team totals up!

I also thought the league medal could be named by the winner from the previous year as another recognition of their champion status! What do you guys think?

If you go to the menu ribbon and select League -> Player Medal you can see the points that have been awarded (I think the points get awarded by the so called footy experts at The Age).

View attachment 1084829
View attachment 1084830

I just thought it would be fun to tally the team totals up!

I also thought the league medal could be named by the winner from the previous year as another recognition of their champion status! What do you guys think?
How did Dusty not score higher than a 1? He was phenomenal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys can I get a general consensus on Jake Stringer KF status? I’m down to 1 healthy/named KF. On the AFL app he is KF. We have considered him a GF in the past. Thoughts? Otherwise I’ll grab some scraps on the waiver. Cheers

Hi guys can I get a general consensus on Jake Stringer KF status? I’m down to 1 healthy/named KF. On the AFL app he is KF. We have considered him a GF in the past. Thoughts? Otherwise I’ll grab some scraps on the waiver. Cheers

I’ve got a few surplus KF’s if you’re keen propose a trade!

I don’t want a bunch of grey areas. If it’s not the AFL app, what was the 2nd option?
FanFooty has team lists that show key position players. They do list Stringer as Key Forward though.

1616638538580.png

I think Stringer plays his best football one out in the goal square like a Key Forward, using his nouse and speed to beat a defender. At 192cm he's undersized, but not pint sized. Essendon have tried to turn him into Dustin Martin. A dynamic midfielder who can rest in the square but he struggles in that role. Again, his best football is when he plays one out in the square, like below.

1616639178528.png

I didn’t realise FanFooty had classifications. Did we agree on the AFL app preseason? Agree we just need a ruling...even if not the best we can reassess next year. I’ll look into trades but I have a few injured KFs due back soon (also not expecting Stringer back this week)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back