2022-23 NBA Week 1: Drama for Wembanyama

Remove this Banner Ad

Less than 3 days to go before the 2022-2023 season commences. Lest this be a special season not due to the crowning of a potential new champion, should the Warriors fail to repeat, but for the race to the bottom. The prize? 14% chance of securing the no 1 pick, and with it the newly termed Alien Victor Wembanyama the 7'2" point-shooting-centre.

There will be many distractions of course throughout the season, some consensual.

The season tips off with West and Eastern powerhouses colliding:

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.57 pm.png Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 1.38.50 pm.png

The Celtics minus coach Ime host traditional rivals from Philly. The 6ers look stacked with the addition of PJ Tucker, D House and Montrez Harrell. Lots of flexing here.
Meanwhile out west, will we see Draymond Green clocking a Lakers player? Let's hope it's Westbrook

Thanks for your patience during the off season. May the banter begin.

Last edited:
love the title

if the lakers have a s**t season until the trade deadline, do they trade AD, Bron for a shot at Wembanyama?
I don’t see a low level team trading for either of them to go nowhere might as well take and hope to get the number 1 pick.

Besides no one is trading with the lakers unless they’re only 2 draft picks they have are in the deal.

No chance, pretty sure NOLA have pick swap rights with the Lakers first this year.
Tbh don’t think that pick will be that good they’re finishing anywhere between 6th-10th this year.

I agree on the Kings, Knicks I struggle to see it unless they cash in some of those assets
I just see their starting lineup as being a lot more functional with Brunson replacing Walker/Burks. Hartenstein is a nice addition to the bench.

I also expect some natural progression from Barrett, Quickley, Robinson and Toppin.

45 to 50 win team.

I just see their starting lineup as being a lot more functional with Brunson replacing Walker/Burks. Hartenstein is a nice addition to the bench.

I also expect some natural progression from Barrett, Quickley, Robinson and Toppin.

45 to 50 win team.
Seems a lot to me

Sixers, Bucks, Celtics all seem 50+win locks in the East

Nets, Heat have too much talent not to be around that bracket

Hawks, Cavs, Knicks are probably that next group down where I think personally I’d bet on both the Cavs and Hawks being better teams. I think 45 wins is the very upper limit of what they could achieve this year without a big splash imo

Seems a lot to me

Sixers, Bucks, Celtics all seem 50+win locks in the East

Nets, Heat have too much talent not to be around that bracket

Hawks, Cavs, Knicks are probably that next group down where I think personally I’d bet on both the Cavs and Hawks being better teams. I think 45 wins is the very upper limit of what they could achieve this year without a big splash imo
I should have factored in how strong their division is. Their division is stacked and should drag the potential win tally down.

I’ll be death riding the lakers to somehow miss playoffs again.

Looking out west I’ve got these squads ahead of them imo.

Warriors
Clippers
Nuggets
Grizzlies
Mavs
Suns
Pelicans
T wolves

Reckon kings may go past them this season too.

So saying the kings are above them that leaves the lakers to get past

Trailblazers
Thunder
Rockets
Spurs
Jazz

Now we can rule out jazz spurs and almost certainly rockets as they’ll be playing the victor sweep stakes.

I believe on paper the lakers have a much better team than both the blazers and thunder, BUT the lakers are really an injury to either of Lebron/AD and they will be seriously in deep sheet.

I for one welcome the carnage and enjoy the spectacle that is lakers epic fails

What happens with Lakers pick?

Pick swap this season?

Lakers look pretty good if they end up with Irving or Draymond or turner/hield imo

charlotte hornets nba mascot GIF by NBA
We started tanking with Miles bridges fists late last year.

I have the Lakers going 12-28 against the 10 teams that they play 4 times. It is going to be a tough season unless a lot of things go right for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens with Lakers pick?

Pick swap this season?

Lakers look pretty good if they end up with Irving or Draymond or turner/hield imo
Good question.

I dare say they’ll do everything they can to rid themselves of Russ contract and the end goal would be to get Irving for next season.

I reckon green will end up in LA post this season, what his production looks like might not be enough to propel them into championship contender imo, they need to desperately add some shooting and their bench is woeful.

Is their pick tied to the pels?

Deandre Hunter extension goes in the Poole/Herro category, looks yuck now but might not if cap explodes as predicted

I think it is a pretty good deal. He should be 15-16ppg wing at a good % with a solid toolset.

Good question.

I dare say they’ll do everything they can to rid themselves of Russ contract and the end goal would be to get Irving for next season.

I reckon green will end up in LA post this season, what his production looks like might not be enough to propel them into championship contender imo, they need to desperately add some shooting and their bench is woeful.

Is their pick tied to the pels?

Westbrook's contract is not moveable unless Lakers take back non-expiring contracts which means no chance of Kyrie. Also even with it off the books Kyrie would have to take a bit of a pay cut and that leaves no space to fill out the roster. Green would have to take an MLE or a biannual or a vets min instead of that max he thinks he's worth but why would he go there anyway? He's also a terrible fit along side a team of bigs without shooters.

Actually, I hope he goes there because it would be such a mess there is the entertainment factor. Actually, I hope he somehow ends there this season and shares the court with Westbrook, what a lovely mess.

Lakers are stuffed from every angle.

Tbh don’t think that pick will be that good they’re finishing anywhere between 6th-10th this year.
Yeah won't be good but gives the Lakers zero chance of getting in the tankathon.

I think it is a pretty good deal. He should be 15-16ppg wing at a good % with a solid toolset.

Westbrook's contract is not moveable unless Lakers take back non-expiring contracts which means no chance of Kyrie. Also even with it off the books Kyrie would have to take a bit of a pay cut and that leaves no space to fill out the roster. Green would have to take an MLE or a biannual or a vets min instead of that max he thinks he's worth but why would he go there anyway? He's also a terrible fit along side a team of bigs without shooters.

Actually, I hope he goes there because it would be such a mess there is the entertainment factor. Actually, I hope he somehow ends there this season and shares the court with Westbrook, what a lovely mess.

Lakers are stuffed from every angle.
Yeah I agree re he’s not a good fit but I think it’s where he sees his future.

Don’t we all love a lakers train wreck, last season will be hard to top but the lakers are looking like a dumpster fire before the season has even begun, if draymond ended up there just makes hating them even easier.

Remove this Banner Ad

2022-23 NBA Week 1: Drama for Wembanyama

Remove this Banner Ad

Back