2022/23 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Match Crisp but $525k (4) fightingfury_88 as per our discussion.
Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself properly, salary and overall contract value needs to be at least matched. It's explained in one of the opening posts.
I thought you wanted to shorten the tenure, but increase the salary so that contract value still matched.

Apologies for confusion.

Bidding on your own players
A bid on your own player consists of 2 things - a salary (between $188,000** and $1,680,000) and a duration (1 to 5 years). To beat the existing leading bid you must:

• Match the salary; and
  • Match the value (salary multiplied by duration)

Sorry, I probably didn't explain myself properly, salary and overall contract value needs to be at least matched. It's explained in one of the opening posts.
I thought you wanted to shorten the tenure, but increase the salary so that contract value still matched.

Apologies for confusion.
Ah right so you can shorten the tenure and increase the salary but not increase the tenure but shorten the salary?

Ah right so you can shorten the tenure and increase the salary but not increase the tenure but shorten the salary?
Yeah, essentially need to match/beat both salary and overall contract value. That means you can't lower the salary.

Yeah, essentially need to match/beat both salary and overall contract value. That means you can't lower the salary.
Alright I'll do both and say Crisp $700k (4 years). Ultimately adding an extra year onto the value of the bid.

Can't believe Jack Crisp is copping bids when Tom Fullarton is on the table.

I'll match Crisp.

West Coast
promote Kieran Strachan to main list $140k, 1 year

Inactive bids all 1 year, 188k on
Ed Curnow
Phil Davis
Taylor Duryea
Jed McEntee
Dan McKenzie
Lachie McNeil
Mason Wood

Also with Josh Walker being delisted what does that mean for me? Can I delist him paying 75% x 2 for the remaining years on his contract?
i.e $260k x 75% = $195k x 2 = $390k

Garret McDonagh I can delist as first year player paying 0% ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also with Josh Walker being delisted what does that mean for me? Can I delist him paying 75% x 2 for the remaining years on his contract?
i.e $260k x 75% = $195k x 2 = $390k

Garret McDonagh I can delist as first year player paying 0% ?
Correct on both accounts, assuming neither player is picked up in the upcoming AFL National, Pre-season or rookie draft.

Please confirm you wish to delist Josh Walker at 75% contract value = 75% x $260,000 x 2 years = $390,000

Please confirm you wish to delist Garrett McDonagh at 0% contract value = 0% x $95,000 x 1 year = $0

Correct on both accounts, assuming neither player is picked up in the upcoming AFL National, Pre-season or rookie draft.

Please confirm you wish to delist Josh Walker at 75% contract value = 75% x $260,000 x 2 years = $390,000

Please confirm you wish to delist Garrett McDonagh at 0% contract value = 0% x $95,000 x 1 year = $0

and if they get re-drafted or picked up as DFA's?

and if they get re-drafted or picked up as DFA's?
Essentially, if they they are picked up prior to the conclusion of the AFL Rookie Draft (including in the AFL rookie draft itself) then you will need to pay 100% of their salary.

If they are picked up post that as an AFL Pre-season Supplemental Selection Period the previous discount will still apply.

If they are picked up as a DFA prior to the rookie draft concluding then you will pay 100% of contract.

You have until 8pm Thursday December 1 to confirm any delistings (Own Player Bidding Closes), which means if you wish to wait you will know if they have been picked up or not.

Essentially, if they they are picked up prior to the conclusion of the AFL Rookie Draft (including in the AFL rookie draft itself) then you will need to pay 100% of their salary.

If they are picked up post that as an AFL Pre-season Supplemental Selection Period the previous discount will still apply.

If they are picked up as a DFA prior to the rookie draft concluding then you will pay 100% of contract.

You have until 8pm Thursday December 1 to confirm any delistings (Own Player Bidding Closes), which means if you wish to wait you will know if they have been picked up or not.
OK I can wait for now :cool:

As a reference point (for everyone but for me to reiterate how I take it), eddiespocket could re-select them in the drafts and therefore not lose a list spot (or if someone else picked them up then they wouldn't have to pay the contract)

As a reference point (for everyone but for me to reiterate how I take it), eddiespocket could re-select them in the drafts and therefore not lose a list spot (or if someone else picked them up then they wouldn't have to pay the contract)
That is correct also. With the second point though (someone else selecting them), eddiespocket would pay any shortfall between the new contract and old (if there is any).

Remove this Banner Ad

2022/23 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back