2022/3 NBA Week 4: Election Week.

Remove this Banner Ad

League confirmed that the refs botched the call on the last play for Dubs vs Kings yesterday.

If you're keeping track at home, that's three blown calls on game-deciding plays in the last week alone. Two against the Kings. Mike Brown not happy.

I make the graphs myself and the scores are GmSc x Wins.

It always looks dicier with small sample sizes of games but straightens out a lot as the season goes on.

Luka is probably in 2nd now that the Mavs won again since I last posted.
Yeah I understand what you mean.

From what I see though it is going to be between luka and Giannis despite Mitchell having a Stella year as well but best he can do imo is third.

League confirmed that the refs botched the call on the last play for Dubs vs Kings yesterday.

If you're keeping track at home, that's three blown calls on game-deciding plays in the last week alone. Two against the Kings. Mike Brown not happy.

Yeah that was a foul everyday of the week.

Dubs needed a break so the nba gave them one.

Definitely got away with one there. Even watching live it was a clear foul to me

Brown pretty much implying OT is a foregone conclusion if they get the call. Worth noting Heurter still has to make all 3 FT's - under a 50/50 chance being a career 78% from the line.

As he should be, Huerter was fouled twice on that play.

Hard not to believe that the Warriors wouldn't get that call if roles were reversed.
Disagree, refs swallow whistles late in all sports. It isn't a good thing but is hardly team specific.

Definitely got away with one there. Even watching live it was a clear foul to me

Brown pretty much implying OT is a foregone conclusion if they get the call. Worth noting Heurter still has to make all 3 FT's - under a 50/50 chance being a career 78% from the line.

Tbh honest I think the Dubs have gotten the rough end of the stick as a whole this season. I know my brother was seething after the Orlando game.

It's just a standard of officiating thing. Giving coaches another challenge if their first one was successful would be a sensible release valve.

Wouldn't go that far. Non calls on final plays in crunch time is just normal officiating, even with more obvious stuff than that. Far from a team specific thing

Tbh honest I think the Dubs have gotten the rough end of the stick as a whole this season. I know my brother was seething after the Orlando game.

It's just a standard of officiating thing. Giving coaches another challenge if their first one was successful would be a sensible release valve.
They should be getting another if the first is successful. Can see why the league is hesitant, slippery slope to coaches calling for successful challenges to roll over indefinitely which would make a mockery of the refs.

That's an absolutely horrific non-call. Had his hand in his back, got him on the elbow going up and gave him no room to land. Terrible officiating, but unfortunately, not overly surprising.

Disagree, refs swallow whistles late in all sports. It isn't a good thing but is hardly team specific.
I agree they normally put them away but there's definitely a superstar mantra. Any of Doncic/Giannis/Curry etc - I have no doubt in my mind they get the call.

They should be getting another if the first is successful. Can see why the league is hesitant, slippery slope to coaches calling for successful challenges to roll over indefinitely which would make a mockery of the refs.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

That's an absolutely horrific non-call. Had his hand in his back, got him on the elbow going up and gave him no room to land. Terrible officiating, but unfortunately, not overly surprising.

Still got nothing on Kobe elbowing Mike Bibby in the face, haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the finals 2 minutes there should be an automatic review of anything contentious, tbh i thought there already was. Every day there are multiple final minute reports with mistakes all over the place.

There is about as much consistency with blocking fouls as there is holding the ball calls in the AFL

Is it just me or do the poor Sac-Town Kings suffer more crucial and game costing decisions than any other team ?

Btw don't mind having a day off NBA after the amazing festival yesterday.

After losing the free throw count by 66 on the 5 game road trip it was nice to get two good calls yesterday.

He’s spoken quite well there.

This is true. A coach/team shouldn’t be punished for having to use a challenge on a blatant wrong call.
In the finals 2 minutes there should be an automatic review of anything contentious, tbh i thought there already was. Every day there are multiple final minute reports with mistakes all over the place.

There is about as much consistency with blocking fouls as there is holding the ball calls in the AFL
You’d think so right? I understand it opens up to reviewing every bit of play, but clear travels on game ”winners” should be able to reviewed, similarly that no balls are checked when a wicket falls in cricket.

I see yesterday, Jeff Fenech had the decision of his fight against Azumah Nelson changed, 31 years after the event. I look forward to the NBA awarding the Kings the 2002 Conference finals shortly.

He’s spoken quite well there.

This is true. A coach/team shouldn’t be punished for having to use a challenge on a blatant wrong call.

You’d think so right? I understand it opens up to reviewing every bit of play, but clear travels on game ”winners” should be able to reviewed, similarly that no balls are checked when a wicket falls in cricket.

I see yesterday, Jeff Fenech had the decision of his fight against Azumah Nelson changed, 31 years after the event. I look forward to the NBA awarding the Kings the 2002 Conference finals shortly.
Well I hope the refs at the very least are consistent and screw over the Kings again today

Remove this Banner Ad

2022/3 NBA Week 4: Election Week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back