AFL 2022 AFL Round 2

Line Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You interested in Aaron Black tomorrow, or is he past it?

It's a different Aaron Black. The one who used to play for North is not the one playing tomorrow.

The Aaron Black playing tomorrow is a small midfielder who rarely impacts the scoreboard at WAFL level.

For tomorrow my main plays revolve around Horne and Williams, but in both cases their odds have already come in a fair bit.

Whichever small forward does not get McDonald, and whichever tall does not get Corr, should have a field day.

I can see somebody from the Eagles kicking a bag, but who?

I was looking at him too but will he def play forward with Hogan & Himmelberg up there as well? Can he even play other positions?
It's a slight risk but I don't know where else they'll play him? Looking at his heat map from last week and 100% of his disposals were in the forward half.

It's a slight risk but I don't know where else they'll play him? Looking at his heat map from last week and 100% of his disposals were in the forward half.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I got on Brander for
1u AGS @ $2.20 (PB)
1u 2+ @ $5.40 (TS)
0.4u 3+ @ $19 (TS)
0.1u 5+ @ $226 (SB)

Just as I was putting my bet on 4+ at TopSport they rejected my bet and now all the prices are way less for him there.

It's a different Aaron Black. The one who used to play for North is not the one playing tomorrow.

The Aaron Black playing tomorrow is a small midfielder who rarely impacts the scoreboard at WAFL level.

For tomorrow my main plays revolve around Horne and Williams, but in both cases their odds have already come in a fair bit.

Whichever small forward does not get McDonald, and whichever tall does not get Corr, should have a field day.

I can see somebody from the Eagles kicking a bag, but who?

Oh, ha ha. Pretend I never asked. :$

Looks like I just wasted $5.

Tom Powell 19+ disposals @ 2.90, Luke Foley 15+ disposals @ 1.86 and Luke Shuey 25+ disposals @ 2.25 (all Betright). Powell + Foley look settled down back and both hit last week while Shuey's too high here, around the ~1.60 mark at other places

Tom Powell 19+ disposals @ 2.90, Luke Foley 15+ disposals @ 1.86 and Luke Shuey 25+ disposals @ 2.25 (all Betright). Powell + Foley look settled down back and both hit last week while Shuey's too high here, around the ~1.60 mark at other places
Don't think Powell is playing.

Freo gone very tall tomorrow with three ruckmen Darcy, Meek and Lobb. You’d think Darcy and Meek will exchange most of the game, maybe players like Banfield will benefit from this with his defender leaving him to spoil Lobb and Meek/Darcy 3rd up. Colyer/Schulz could also be beneficiaries

Banfield 3-5 @13, 41 ts 121 sb

Liam Ryan 3
Himmelberg 2
Banfield
@10.5

Think North’s small defenders will struggle to contain Ryan and Himmelberg should get a pace gap likely on Broad

Freo gone very tall tomorrow with three ruckmen Darcy, Meek and Lobb. You’d think Darcy and Meek will exchange most of the game, maybe players like Banfield will benefit from this with his defender leaving him to spoil Lobb and Meek/Darcy 3rd up. Colyer/Schulz could also be beneficiaries

Banfield 3-5 @13, 41 ts 121 sb

Liam Ryan 3
Himmelberg 2
Banfield
@10.5

Think North’s small defenders will struggle to contain Ryan and Himmelberg should get a pace gap likely on Broad
not sure if its just me but Banfield reminds me a bit of Silvagni from Carlton.

Definitely has put in the work pre-season and is looking as fit as ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure if its just me but Banfield reminds me a bit of Silvagni from Carlton.

Definitely has put in the work pre-season and is looking as fit as ever.
That’s funny I thought the same thing when I was placing that bet. Similar looking, their past inconsistencies and now both look like they’re hitting their straps

Last edited:
Golds
O'Brien was wasteful in front of goal last weekend with 0.2, but he has a nack of snagging a goal

Also at Betright , swapping O'Brien for Tom Green.

Tom Green scored a goal last weekend against the Swans.

Goldstein 1+ Goal
Tom Green 1+ Goal
Oscar McInerney 1+ Goal
Tim English 1+ Goal
Odds: 32.92 @ BetRight

This all ruckman bet of mine is still alive. The news that half of the Eagles team missing and Goldy being named FF gives me optimism that one will come through. Same too with Dusty missing for the Tigers, I fancy Green to have a few shots on goal.

1648304385383.png

Im actually feeling confident too that Goldstein may spend the whole game or at least 75% of the game in the forward line. The Eagles dont really have a great match up for him. Without Barrass , and a kid playing his 1st game lining up on Goldstein. If this Callum Jamieson kid beats Goldstein , Ill own up and say 'fair game'. I have never heard of him and I follow the Eagles closely. A quick look at his WAFL stats, he has only played 13 games at league level.

That 2.55 for Goldstein Anytime goalscorer is gone now. But for me there is definitely value in looking at other options eg multiple goals.

These are TopSport 'Exact Goal' odds:

Roos v Eagles Rd 2.png

As seen above the big names forwards are priced in favour of the house but the lesser known forwards may be worth a pick on Exact goals if you can nail it.

I decided to have a play on Goldstein 3+, 4+ , 5+, 6+ and 7+ Goals @ 5.50 (Ladbrokes), 19 (Ladbrokes using the Trick on there), 48 (TopSport), 101 (PlayUp), 201 (PlayUp)

Also a bit on Exact 3 Goals at TopSport @ 8.25 as a bit of a cover. (Top Up to $9 using the Token)

Golds

This all ruckman bet of mine is still alive. The news that half of the Eagles team missing and Goldy being named FF gives me optimism that one will come through. Same too with Dusty missing for the Tigers, I fancy Green to have a few shots on goal.

View attachment 1355635

Im actually feeling confident too that Goldstein may spend the whole game or at least 75% of the game in the forward line. The Eagles dont really have a great match up for him. Without Barrass , and a kid playing his 1st game lining up on Goldstein. If this Callum Jamieson kid beats Goldstein , Ill own up and say 'fair game'. I have never heard of him and I follow the Eagles closely. A quick look at his WAFL stats, he has only played 13 games at league level.

That 2.55 for Goldstein Anytime goalscorer is gone now. But for me there is definitely value in looking at other options eg multiple goals.

These are TopSport 'Exact Goal' odds:

View attachment 1355637

As seen above the big names forwards are priced in favour of the house but the lesser known forwards may be worth a pick on Exact goals if you can nail it.

I decided to have a play on Goldstein 3+, 4+ , 5+, 6+ and 7+ Goals @ 5.50 (Ladbrokes), 19 (Ladbrokes using the Trick on there), 48 (TopSport), 101 (PlayUp), 201 (PlayUp)

Also a bit on Exact 3 Goals at TopSport @ 8.25 as a bit of a cover. (Top Up to $9 using the Token)

goldstein 6+ at 101 and 7+ and 201? lol now i've seen it all. add a hundred more 0s

This is a vibe feel bet, looking at the numbers though it doesnt make for great reading.

Goldy only kicked 3+ Goals , 4 times out of his 274 games or so.

Anyway my thinking is he is coming to the end of his career , he will spend most of that time im assuming in the forward. I feel like he plays a bit similar to the Essendon bloke, Peter Wright.

Never kicked 4 goals exactly as well.

Loading up on Jack Graham disposals on bet365. Should get plenty of on ball time with Richmond's non existent midfield, already had 16CBAs last week so no reason that won't stay or increase.

20+ $2.25
25+ $7
30+ $25
Disposals Group B $21

Nankervis played 16/23 games last year. 10 games 15 or more and 5 of those 10 were 20 or more.
15/20 disposals 1.72/4.33 Sportsbet

Not sure how many times Richmond will get the ball inside 50 but soldo should see some time down there
Any time goal 2.74 top 2/3 7.50/26

Edit: $3 anytime 2+ $14 PointsBet

Neale 125+ SC @ 2.10
Last 3 scores against Essendon 157, 157, 140 over the last 2 seasons. I would've loved this much more if we were competitive last week but now not so much, especially after talks about the midfield having a private lunch together or something along those lines, Neale might not get off the leash as much.

Houston 100+/125+ SC @ 2.50/7.00
Scored 144 last week with 36d, 12m, 2.2gls. Hasn't got a great track record against them hence the price but the hawks gave 5 SC tons last week, including 140, 129, 125 and that was in a win against North. If we assume that port will win comfortably at home, the hawks should give up more SC tons and/or bigger SC tons.

I like the Houston one much more but he is a bit of a burn man so hard to feel too confident.
Guess I should’ve liked the Neale one better who scraped past with a lazy 198 SuperCoach pts.

For the record Houston had 93 and they got smashed and he spent some time off injured and didn’t appear to be moving that well so 100+ was close

Today I’m loving Simpkin 100+/125+ sc @ 2.15/5.50

Last scores of 124 and 144 v WC and could be a one sided affair which suits Simpkin. Scored 119 against top of the ladder Hawthorn last week (lel)

Also taken him for 30+ and anytime goal.

Other SuperCoach plays are Whitfield and short 100+ Sc.

Also on petrucelle/Bobby hill trains, Foley 15-25 and a combo of Green and Jelly goals/possies. And a few other random bets but those are the main ones.

Weird round for me so far. Almost swept on Thursday night and have given about half of it back since (with more units in play 🤷‍♂️).

See how we go today.

Edit: plus Higgins and Frederick 2/3/4

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2022 AFL Round 2

Back