AFL 2022 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps putting his hand back up for brownlow. Neale tomorrow a big watch.

If Neale doesn't poll it's going to be really fun. Trac, Oliver, Brayshaw, Neale & Cripps could all be within 2-3 votes of each other. I'm liking Trac/Neale for the run home, but anyones medal atm IMO. Even Touk wouldn't be far off if he pulls a BOG tomorrow against West Coast.

With a very generous estimate I have Cripps being as high as 28. But thats only if in the wins we had without a standout player they just decided to lump a vote to Cripps because he's Cripps. A solid final 3 weeks could see him crack the 30 and possibly back in the frame to win it. Seems like he definitely plays his best with Pittonet in the ruck over Dekoning

Hard to see Neale getting any votes. Should be very close at the top now.
Won’t poll today, didn’t have much of an impact, at best and being very generous could sneak 1, but a few ahead of him in the votes today.
Could we have a tie this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coleman had a very good first half but faded largely in the second
Cluggage was good all game and lynch was also a big factor in Richmond winning

Lynch was pretty well held in the first half though. If, as you said, Coleman played a good first half but faded in the second, Lynch also only played two quarters, albeit in the second half surge to win it for Richmond. Hard to know how umps see that.

Clugg was consistant. Agree. These types of games are a real throw at the dart board. The votes behind Bolton (3) could go to a handful of players without too many surprises.

Ive watched a lot of richmond this year and with Dusty in and out it's definately BOLTON who stands out like crazy, what is the best odds for him top 10 and 20 guys, is sportsbet the only place I can find these odds (im banned there), very Bullish on him... Also Cam Guthrie always flies under radar but he's finished pretty well the last two years (13th last year with 18) and top ten the year before... apparantly he has polled coaches votes in like 11 of the past 13 games, could he suprise brownlow night with many of the leaders kind of stagnating??\

after the obvious top 6 of Oliver, Petracca, Neale, Brayshaw, Cripps, Miller I think Bolton could definately be right on the hammer of Walsh etc in the 7-10 spots, same as Guthrie

any other punters feeling nervous about touk Miller haven't backed him all year just can't see him winning even how good he has been I just can't see it in reality is it time to back him they play Hawthorn this week which is in tassie expect the hawks to turn up play Geelong which he may it at home Geelong may rest a few given there got top spot and then north last week not sure what to do even come Brownlow night see how close I have him and how well he polls

touk can absolutely win. needs to go well in last three. sometimes got nothing to do with overall feeling or popularity or media attention. umpires only judge individual games, and the sum of each individual performance and game will determine the medal not generalisations or assumptions made by the media or general public at the end of the season once the bulk of the race has been run

1659402076212.png
My count

Also, anyone have much lower votes than last year at the same time (end r20)
2021 v 2022
1st place 26.9 v 24.3
T10thresh 18.4 v 14
T20 thresh 12.7 v 11.1
T20 votes total 377 v 320
pretty interesting, but personally not against it as last year was a bit of an outlier in terms of high than expected vote counts for the top end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back