AFL 2022 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
impossible game.
Oliver turned it over all night and wasted most of his touches. Gawn dominated the first half and then faded later in the game.
Petracca was probably the most consistent over 4 quarters. De Goey the best player for Collingwood.

I went

Weighted
2. Oliver
2. JDG
2. Trac

Forced for the 3-2-1
3. Oliver
2. JDG
1. Trac

Could easily see Trac and Oliver switched for the 3/1.

Could go anyway though tbh. Don't think Gawn polls, hacked it a fair bit, is a ruck in a losing side and wasn't a standout.

Real head scratcher.
And could have big impact on final result.
Oliver big stats (including 20 throws 🤪)
Petracca really good, Gawn huge.
Collingwood more of a team effort.
Crisp stood out in the last and and degoey was solid.

I thought Oliver was unreal tbh. 42 touches and 14 clearances absolutely wasnt meaningless. Gets the 3 for me
Oliver turned it over all night. Big difference between his 43 disposal game earlier in the season against Collingwood and this one.
I rekon he will be lucky to get 2 votes here. Petracca & Gawn were both better

Oliver turned it over all night. Big difference between his 43 disposal game earlier in the season against Collingwood and this one.
I rekon he will be lucky to get 2 votes here. Petracca & Gawn were both better

I thought Gawn turned it over as much or more than Olive tbh

Gawn 48% disposal efficiency from 31 touches

Oliver 69% from 42 touches

3. Rolls Royce
2. Oliver
1. Daicos

Crazy night for picking votes
Gawns kicking for goal killed him

I think Gawns disposal was enough for him to miss out here, some really shitful kicking. De Goey and Elliot the pies best I thought, Nick Daicos also superb. I didn't think Oliver was that much better than Trac. Viney or Brayshaw - I had them all fairly even but by sheer volume he probably polls. Wouldn't be suprised if Maynard popped up also. Some memorbale defensive acts.

3. De Goey
2. Oliver
1. Elliot/N.Daicos

Think I'll need to watch that again.

Clayton Oliver - 42 disposals, 24 contested possessions, 14 clearances and 8 tackles all game highs. Thought he was huge in the last when the game was in the balance with a 14 disposal last quarter. Yes they lost and he was ineffective at times but more than half of his disposals were contested so they're not always going to be clean and effective possessions. Wines won last year and continued to poll in games with bulk contested possessions with even worse efficiency and hack possessions.

The above coupled with the hype of being one of the brownlow favourites (like Wines final rounds last year) I just don't see how doesn't poll this game. I reckon he polls minimum 2 votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Degoey
2 oliver
1 trac

3-4 players arguably could feature in the votes.
Elliot’s forward pressure was elite
Gawn dominated the first half and was easily BOG but faded in the second
Crisp was huge in the last quarter but fairly quiet in the previous 3
Johnson was good, provided options and kicked straight
Viney and brayshaw big in the first half but like Gawn also faded out in the second

When the game was on the line I feel it was Degoey who stood up out of the middle, winning plenty of the ball etc
Oliver and trac very close behind

I think Gawns disposal was enough for him to miss out here, some really shitful kicking. De Goey and Elliot the pies best I thought, Nick Daicos also superb. I didn't think Oliver was that much better than Trac. Viney or Brayshaw - I had them all fairly even but by sheer volume he probably polls. Wouldn't be suprised if Maynard popped up also. Some memorbale defensive acts.

3. De Goey
2. Oliver
1. Elliot/N.Daicos

Think I'll need to watch that again.

Elliott was given player of the match last night.

On the back of a monster goal after the siren to win it the week before, and backing that moment up with last night's performance, I would be surprised if he didn't get the 3 votes.

I went Rd 21: Demons v Collingwood

3 Angus Brayshaw
2 Jack Crisp
1 Clayton Oliver

I only watched it one time, and I wont be watching this a second time.

Would like odds of around $5 or better for Angus to get Man of the match here. Umps won't miss his in and under work around the ball, especially with the helmet. I underestimated Crisp last year, think he is having a better this season than last year. Judging from all the votes here, not many rated Crispss game. Think the metres gained on a night like that matter and they stand out a bit more. Wasnt a game where there was too much sideways kicking, backward passing and slow movement. Would like to have a look at Crisp if offered at double digits.

As rightfully mentioned by all, this game is a lottery who gets the 3-2-1.

Reckon Brayshaw in the votes for Freo? I had Lobb and Ryan best on... Probably Dunkley next best but Dogs never looked a chance... definitely not a heap of stand outs
Wouldn’t have thought. I thought serong could sneak in for 1, think Dunkley will poll .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back