World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group E - (Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan)

Remove this Banner Ad

Before you went off on a tangent you should have probably taken into account that any freeze frame (including the one there) can be at the point which is frame/s either before or after the extreme point in question.

Look at the bottom one there. It's not even the same frame as the other which shows the ball has gone out further than that.

Your one:
View attachment 1565880

The other one in this thread:
View attachment 1565881

If the aerial view you posted is the same frame as the ground level then it's not evidence of anything as it's not even the frame of the most extreme point of the ball being out. That aside you're correct that the aerial view IS the one to go by to make the call, but it still has to be the right frame or it's worthless.

What was the initial on field call? If it was ruled out I would be surprised if VAR overturned based on the images unless they had accurate ball tracking from sensors.

What was the initial on field call? If it was ruled out I would be surprised if VAR overturned based on the images unless they had accurate ball tracking from sensors.
They have accurate ball tracking from sensors.
They have 29 points on each player being tracked at 500 frames per second.
They know if the ball was out. It’s not the ARC.

I’m getting so bloody frustrated by everyone saying it was clearly out and than showing ground level footage.
Do you nuffies not understand the ball is a 3D shape? The view you need to look at is aerial. The whole ball has to cross the line, not just the bottom of the ball.
You’re the same people who think the Lynch goal isn’t conclusive enough.
Geez it’s hard to listen to opinions sometimes. At least don’t show ground level footage and think that proves something.

Arghhhhhhh
What is the point of the tech inside this ball. If a computer says it is out, it is out.

618228.jpg

Let's be honest, Germany have been a shambles and don't deserve to be in the Round of 16

3 late goals this morning v an Amateurish Costa Rica is enough to confirm they are done

Germany out isn't the great shock to me as it might be to many.

2018 - that was a shock! But since then, they limply gave way to England in the Rd16 at Euro's, had an easy group to get through in qualifiers, they made things hard for themselves by not being in the top 8 rankings and having to join a top 8 team in their group.

Yes, the old Germany would have flicked aside Japan and Costa Rica, but this isn't the old German powerhouse.

It's a shame we won't be getting Belguim/Croatia v Spain/Germany match ups in the Rd 16, but these WC's outside of Europe always deliver up unusual outcomes! We have a few this WC!

Can you believe some people think AFL Is the bets sport in the world. Nothing compares to this.

AFL is a beautiful sport and one of the best in the world (no sport like it), so I can totally understand some AFL supporters saying that. But yeah, football can produce moments like the two games this morning and that is so fun to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup - Group E - (Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back