2022 fixture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a Vic Park ground update for those interested.

I had a kick yesterday and the ground is playing pretty darn good. The grass is getting a lot of attention / love and is currently lush which is too high for a proper game though it's been cut high deliberately I say. Last week the tractor was going all over the ground putting deep puncture marks which paid off because we had the massive down pour on Friday. I suspect they'll do a proper cut soon enough and then the lines painted on.

The centre is still roped off but the goals squares are open. A few holes here and there but I don't think you'd notice on TV that much and there shouldn't be any issues for the players. The advertising signs were being put up around the boundary yesterday and the general clean up in the stands.

One really, really odd thing I noticed yesterday that I've never seen or experienced. After a few mins, I noticed my dog had a green / blue colour on her paws. WTF!? There was no obvious area where this came from. I suspect it's maybe a wee dye in the grass but it's certainly no way obvious at ground level. check out my boots too.

Not the best of photos with the grey background ..... but it was quite noticable.
View attachment 1308940

But these show what I'm talking about ....

View attachment 1308941

Pics from Friday prior to the down pour.....

View attachment 1308944

Probably the worst area on the ground.

View attachment 1308945

There's still come temp fencing that needs to go or fix up to make it safe for players and crowd.

View attachment 1308946

In some places it looks burnt and dried out but it's not at all.
View attachment 1308947

Thank you, I love these updates.

Not sure about the blue/green dye - some kind of fertiliser?

Well the surprises just keep coming in. They're dropping in a F!@$##@ cricket pitch!!!! WTF!?!??!?!

1641953158783.png

....LOL ... nah only joking. They're dropping in real turf. 45mm and I'm going to presume it's something you don't get down at Bunnings. 😝 I asked if they need to peg it in or something but the main dude reeled off some weight specs etc (which I can't recall) so I'm guessing it's going to be sure under foot.

1641953222122.png

Fences behind the benches are being properly installed now. I didn't talk to the dude but I'm going to suggest it thankfully won't look like an MMA cage being erected. The poles with the green arrows look to be set the distance from the bench where the guy is standing and you can see they're a lot smaller than the temp fencing (red arrow). I'm going to guess it's going to have a wee gate for direct access to it too (ala from coaches box behind to the bench).

I like it - considerate to the players and fans.

1641953615525.png

The grass was being mowed today and also some other tractor thing which I didn't get a close look at. I think it might have been flattening the grass a bit or collecting the cuttings? The groundsman was going over the same patteren as he mowed it.

Does anyone know if our players are training there on Friday night?

Attachments

• 1641953125284.png
    1641953125284.png
    980.1 KB · Views: 41

Well the surprises just keep coming in. They're dropping in a F!@$##@ cricket pitch!!!! WTF!?!??!?!

View attachment 1309575

....LOL ... nah only joking. They're dropping in real turf. 45mm and I'm going to presume it's something you don't get down at Bunnings. 😝 I asked if they need to peg it in or something but the main dude reeled off some weight specs etc (which I can't recall) so I'm guessing it's going to be sure under foot.

View attachment 1309577

Fences behind the benches are being properly installed now. I didn't talk to the dude but I'm going to suggest it thankfully won't look like an MMA cage being erected. The poles with the green arrows look to be set the distance from the bench where the guy is standing and you can see they're a lot smaller than the temp fencing (red arrow). I'm going to guess it's going to have a wee gate for direct access to it too (ala from coaches box behind to the bench).

I like it - considerate to the players and fans.

View attachment 1309583

The grass was being mowed today and also some other tractor thing which I didn't get a close look at. I think it might have been flattening the grass a bit or collecting the cuttings? The groundsman was going over the same patteren as he mowed it.

Does anyone know if our players are training there on Friday night?
I did scroll past there earlier this afternoon after heading to the shop. And turf looks good.

I assume they'll train there. From experience from last year, they would tend to do that, for the captains run.

ec71f8828ee39bf0c0fb1db7f6d3d6e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just a ground update ....

_GSMeqeKmm-e-DSxw0lUiQKYbv3V9PhVeHJuII9wPyT3t666-YAOlaLEWjx7dSQNq95npLtQYYeTSSVG7V0btLHEBV_rR5W4uw00sRMrm5VfBRZrJC-0pyGyaCaAj_OUf-0UZms7j9vU1SuWaACGtaDc4N3_vTY5bg5fCSdd3R-crDTXLRczHjEovImczjPnD-nlTanMGROMAdMLLW-RsA58CzHHwnPQTTAJp48svfDq2WlaOn-6ioHYUsGL9W94XhV9GiXP19k3ElzNLKy7FdAA1yrnW35S3unFlk3bB2FamjPY-EhpekrRN2nylECyMM0Yt_nrQ4RSLqDDPHll-JUCFwxzxPlEKxwrgXPkMpNgguF13ZAiA6RwiZf10KuhizWE66kcUd6JlyqdDBX66QsuxFxkZYonr7UUlO7Ye4wYSKhlYWvFYHk1uEVVYGIi480RzZ3TIhCtgHt-aUY8sAvQaOb5cmLrwwtcBCBChz9niTNeJLCKUby0wJp1qwMlzVIdLPj7N5T8wyFafof1pIgmhUfdVKiDtqKXSFbyCfyytjiOCmKWgcCHazZrTWz4CJXDzODoRH0w1csivol200vojkQWg9mN36Nvd8wniAMCVz9kms-mTa--GEP93jLDfYvVhB00KCB19PZq63oER7ybk_8pEJUx-5EglY_KjXTfnoYEZb18mDfSgzF_qzFZ9FGQJWllytbPbHE17XjpMVyG=w1920-h864-no

I arrived about 10:30ish and Freeeeeo AFLW were there too. It didn't quite click at the time who this team was wearing purple? .... and they were packing up whatever they were doing at the Sherrin goals only, so didn't see any training take place. I checked the notice board and it was booked from 10am-12 but it didn't say by who so I just went down the other end anyway. 15 mins later during my stretch a woman in purple top, sunnies and mask on asked about my bag, drink bottles and tennis ball (on the ground), as she was just making sure they collected everything.... and that's when I noticed her Freo top.

Had a wee chat with her (they play the Tigs tomorrow at Punt Rd). They were naturally a bit concerned about the boarders at the moment and weren't sure what was happening other than they're playing tomorrow. They've already been on the road for 2 weeks apparently so I really feel for them. They might have to stick around longer? I mentioned they're in good form again this year and that we'll see them in the GF!!

I asked about the AFL support for being away and she mentioned they're ok and that they have welfare officers. I asked if this kind of stuff galvanised the playing group and she obviously wasn't going to say no, but she was quick and confident in her reply "Absolutely!!!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back