NRL 2022 NRL SuperCoach thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2022-NRL-Banner-Join-Us-Wall.png

Welcome Back ! ..... It's that time of year again, time to start organising the BigFooty SuperCoach NRL Leagues for 2022

How To JOIN IN: Please enter the code above

All your NRL Discussion starts here now

There have been a few changes to the game, in line with what changes were made to AFL SC.

• Five extra trades were added to make a total of 42 for the season
  • Up to 5 rounds of 'trade boost' which allows you to make an extra trade in any given week
  • Trade update (see site for more info) could be a game changer. You are able to 'update' your trade up until the player you choose to trade in plays, even after the player you trade out has played. So obviously you cant reverse the trade once your player being traded out is locked out but you can update who you trade to up until their game starts. I am not sure if you can 'update' the trade multiple times but i dont really see a situation where you would want to do that anyway.
  • Player position updates at intervals (completion of rounds 6, 12 & 18)
  • More changes to SC draft etc
Hopefully we can at least fill that league! I look forward to the season commencing

My first go since it opened.

Decided against Cleary given i think he is at his max and im unsure how he will start the year given his injury. Dropping him has allowed me to upgrade my 5/8s and HFBs. Johnson is a punt based mainly on a very favourable early draw. Still, not sure he will make my final team.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 5.30.49 pm.png

going with a couple of left field options as long as no turbo and cleary
View attachment 1316649
Sexton and Olakau'atu are nice PODs. Ive thought about going Teddy and Pap but i want Turbo as my go to captain. If Turbo starts slowly i might be in a bit of strife given how much he costs and that he will be 'perma' captain

I managed to squeeze Fifita into my side by dropping Collins and Hastings. Only 9% of the comp has Turbo and he isnt even the most selected player in his family :p

I havent created a team without him but i admit that he is risky at that price, particularly if Tedesco starts off well (Teddy is at 43% ownership). The decision is magnified by the fact that if you pick him, he will be captain. That means its a pretty huge decision, if he starts on fire 91% of the comp will lose ground but if he starts slow 9% of the comp will be in real strife given his captaincy scores wont be high and obviously he is starting from a price that makes him a huge investment.

The extra 500k saved by getting Tedesco can substantially improve the rest of your team. Given i havent even tried to select a team without Turbo ive found a balance that i like even with forking out the $1.256m. I do think Tedesco is value and Turbo has a tougher start to the season matchup wise. That said, Turbo as a POD is appealing even at the ridiculous price. Tough call

I’ve started thinking that maybe starting with Harry Grant on the bench and save that trade knowing that I want him for the season.
As long as Randall is starting hooker.

I’ve started thinking that maybe starting with Harry Grant on the bench and save that trade knowing that I want him for the season.
As long as Randall is starting hooker.
Ive considered that too. Either Fifita or Grant will make my team. It may depend on which position has the more viable cash cows.

Did a little jumbling to get Tomturbo in. Hmmmm
View attachment 1319578
I like it. You can still get a strong team around Turbo. It is a tough decision either way but Im in the Turbo camp as i reckon he will be worth it as a captain option. I project that i can gain about 20 extra points by getting Tedesco over Turbo and improving rest of my side with the 500k. Yes 500k is worth more than 20 points, but with shuffling my team around and changing my playing reserves, it looks like 20 points is about right.

That means Turbo needs to outscore Teddy by about 10 points on average as whichever one i choose will be captain. I think that he will be able to do that. Problem is if one of them starts strongly and you dont have them, it will be a tough pill to swallow. Teddy is obviously way more popular so the 'safe' option is to go with Teddy/Pap and hope that Turbo doesnt come out of the blocks super quickly but i like thinking that the best scorer in the game is a POD. While i know with 95+% confidence that Turbo's average from last year is simply not attainable again, if he starts the season on the fire i think there will be a lot of regret from those without him. The same can be said for Tedesco too though.

I like the fact that its a significant decision though and opinions will be divided. There are clear arguments each way and maybe Teddy is the way to go early as he could well start off hot. However, for me, i think the captaincy factor is enough for me to lock in the best scorer in the game.

I like it. You can still get a strong team around Turbo. It is a tough decision either way but Im in the Turbo camp as i reckon he will be worth it as a captain option. I project that i can gain about 20 extra points by getting Tedesco over Turbo and improving rest of my side with the 500k. Yes 500k is worth more than 20 points, but with shuffling my team around and changing my playing reserves, it looks like 20 points is about right.

That means Turbo needs to outscore Teddy by about 10 points on average as whichever one i choose will be captain. I think that he will be able to do that. Problem is if one of them starts strongly and you dont have them, it will be a tough pill to swallow. Teddy is obviously way more popular so the 'safe' option is to go with Teddy/Pap and hope that Turbo doesnt come out of the blocks super quickly but i like thinking that the best scorer in the game is a POD. While i know with 95+% confidence that Turbo's average from last year is simply not attainable again, if he starts the season on the fire i think there will be a lot of regret from those without him. The same can be said for Tedesco too though.

I like the fact that its a significant decision though and opinions will be divided. There are clear arguments each way and maybe Teddy is the way to go early as he could well start off hot. However, for me, i think the captaincy factor is enough for me to lock in the best scorer in the game.
I’m coming around to the idea of a guaranteed 90(c) from turbo each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came up with this as a mid-priced madness style team. I think the extra trades will suit more of a mid-priced madness approach as if almost everyone in your team is improving on their pricing point and increasing in value, then you have more options to use the trade boost or use the mid-pricers as stepping stones. The more players that are actually increasing in value, the better - even if the incremental increases arent as much as what the cheaper cows produce, i think more trades means sideways trading is more acceptable.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 5.07.20 pm.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL 2022 NRL SuperCoach thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back