Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was Silvagni telling Horne Francis "your club is shit". He's right, they are shit, pathetic actually

Maybe they can get Dani Laidley back down there to help instil a bit of the shinboner spirit and pride for the jumper

Yep. Proud of Jack’s recruitment drive last night.

Met him once, with his wife (and entourage). Weird unit. About 10-15 years ago. Was the first time I'd heard of silicone butt cheek implants, which Coco has. All around odd evening.
He's on my list of people I would love to sit down and have a cup of tea with. I reckon it would be a fantastic conversation with him.

I called it at half time and during the last game I watched live. LOB takes up excellent wide positions and he gets burnt all the time.

Fine if there is a corridor option but he's getting burnt for shit 40m down the line kicks.

His kick to Martini was sublime
Very noticable when watching live at the game, Lob put him self into good positions and was not always the option picked. Wouldnt call it being burned though the players chose to go to a more central or longer option often. Lochie keep it up.

One must remember that Harry is a fair bit quicker than every KPD in the game presently, maybe Frost aside.

That's OK. If Frost takes an intercept mark, he'd probably kick it straight to Harry...

Havent read the thread yet. So I dont the thoughts of people.
For me the best part was that was nowhere near what we can develop into as a team.
So good to win a game we should win and do it well.
Everyone disagreed with you.
:p

Ok...just the one who thought we should have done so much better...missed opportunity I think they said. .
Each to their own. :D

I sat with a fellow tragic at the game last night. The first half was bad Carlton. Sloppy system and poor skills. The third quarter was so much better.

Some highlights for me
1. Plow - did some excellent work, just heart in the mouth stuff at times.
2. Harry is a beast. Worked his backside off all night and such a great pair of hands
3. Saad -just brilliant!
4. Cripps - a beast! A shame his kicking for goal was not as good as it had been previously
5. Young - amazing what some confidence can do. Improved so much over the game.
6 TDK - After a scratchy start worked into the game and had more impact around the ground
7. Carroll - we have a good 'un there for sure. A touch of class.

So much more can come from this side with further development, player inclusions and good coaching.

Look there’s been plenty of love for this bloke but IMO not nearly enough:

Harry McKay.

I rewatched the game. The guy could be the best player in the comp. And I mean now. And I mean even better than Cripps. He’s absolutely unstoppable by any one player when fit. Teams have to double/triple him which creates all sorts of havoc for back lines. His hands yesterday were bloody incredible. He is 204 and takes half volleys as well as Walsh (not as well as George). His field kicking is great. He only has one small weakness (low chance of kicking a goal when set shot left half forward flank).

In some ways there’s a bit of Kouta towards him by the football public. He’s just unfairly superior athletically to everyone else so his actual freakish footy talent (hands below knees and marking) is just not noticed enough.

I think Cameron and Hawkins and these guys are great……and comfortably behind Harry.

IMO.

So nice to win a game without the stressing.

Really good performance team wise. Hopefully the media pick up on Saad soon. Crazy good.

Ecstatic about Carroll. What a great debut. Having Fisher and Carroll run through the centre and on wings made us look like a proper team.

Two whipping boys in Young and Plowman played very good games. For these two it is about backing it up in blocks of five games. Cant forget their poor games. Young played a ‘good’ first game then really poor games until North. That was Plowman first good game. Its all about net positive effect over a sample of games. Both haven’t proved their case but jeez I hope they can because it will hold up our back line which has been shaky.

When we look our best from stoppages it’s Cripps, Kennedy, Walsh, Hewett and Cerra. I think for turnover or rebound footy our best footy is going to be through Fisher and Carroll.

So nice to win a game without the stressing.

Really good performance team wise. Hopefully the media pick up on Saad soon. Crazy good.

Ecstatic about Carroll. What a great debut. Having Fisher and Carroll run through the centre and on wings made us look like a proper team.

Two whipping boys in Young and Plowman played very good games. For these two it is about backing it up in blocks of five games. Cant forget their poor games. Young played a ‘good’ first game then really poor games until North. That was Plowman first good game. Its all about net positive effect over a sample of games. Both haven’t proved their case but jeez I hope they can because it will hold up our back line which has been shaky.

When we look our best from stoppages it’s Cripps, Kennedy, Walsh, Hewett and Cerra. I think for turnover or rebound footy our best footy is going to be through Fisher and Carroll.

Plowman has done himself no favours over the years with his weird smiles at inappropriate times.

Just an observation, I have no strong feeling on him one way or another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look there’s been plenty of love for this bloke but IMO not nearly enough:

Harry McKay.

I rewatched the game. The guy could be the best player in the comp. And I mean now. And I mean even better than Cripps. He’s absolutely unstoppable by any one player when fit. Teams have to double/triple him which creates all sorts of havoc for back lines. His hands yesterday were bloody incredible. He is 204 and takes half volleys as well as Walsh (not as well as George). His field kicking is great. He only has one small weakness (low chance of kicking a goal when set shot left half forward flank).

In some ways there’s a bit of Kouta towards him by the football public. He’s just unfairly superior athletically to everyone else so his actual freakish footy talent (hands below knees and marking) is just not noticed enough.

I think Cameron and Hawkins and these guys are great……and comfortably behind Harry.

IMO.

Harry marked strong. Great game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are thoughts on Jack Martin's game?

Only 13 disposals, 2.2 goals and a few tackles but he appeared very intent on making an impact.

And did that very well imo.

Quite a few score involvements too I thought - is that stat reported anywhere?
Martin is gravy for us and last night showed that. Point of difference player who could be anything, contribute in bursts. Could be a Normie type if we make a grannie Ala Long. Low possession significant impact. Versatility is critical.

Martin is gravy for us and last night showed that. Point of difference player who could be anything, contribute in bursts. Could be a Normie type if we make a grannie Ala Long. Low possession significant impact. Versatility is critical.
his low numbers are curious.

Had significantly bigger numbers at GC.

Is he being used to optimize his talents/influence?

Plowman has done himself no favours over the years with his weird smiles at inappropriate times.

Wouldn't read too much into it. Guy's always smiling, just seems like a pleasant dude. Unless a teammate cops a hit. Then he seems to rage worse than anyone on our team.

Why isn’t the mini showing up on kayo for me 😭😭😭😤
My replay cut out 3/4's into last quarter. Yep. Awesome. That's Fox with Carlton games linked.

That's his personality. He's described as weird/odd by team-mates. People need to get over that.

Some guys act tough and mean. Some don't need to.

When the whips are cracking is always one of the first in to support a team-mate. I know which I value more.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plow looked a lot stronger/fitter/physically sound than his first couple of games. He had an interruption later in the pre-season.
I reckon his so-so form in the earlier games was fitness related.
He definitely looked lighter on his feet, had a bit of a spring in his step. Also clearly loves a side step or spin to lose an opponent and get a kick away, he was feeling it on sat night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Back