News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Before the season started I knew we had the squad to make the top 4 , we are a long way from getting there yet but I have noticed the hype is starting up.
The media never paid attention to the quality of our list and all of a sudden we have a bundle of stars , I don't rate a lot of the media pundits and seeing them jump onto the Saints band wagon is what I thought would happen if we got on a roll.
We defeat GWS on Friday the hype is only going to grow and I just hope the coaches make sure they don't get ahead of themselves.
Ratten has said the team is building and every game the guys are bonding together better and our game is getting better , however I believe we still have huge upside just with the confidence built from winning and getting some serious talent back into the team like Hunter Clark , Billings and Jones.
Contested possession is what will win us games and these 3 will give us that and that all goes well for the future and really it's more than 3 because I highly rate the talent of Highmore , Bytel , Sharman and Connolly.

Before the season started I knew we had the squad to make the top 4 , we are a long way from getting there yet but I have noticed the hype is starting up.
The media never paid attention to the quality of our list and all of a sudden we have a bundle of stars , I don't rate a lot of the media pundits and seeing them jump onto the Saints band wagon is what I thought would happen if we got on a roll.
We defeat GWS on Friday the hype is only going to grow and I just hope the coaches make sure they don't get ahead of themselves.
Ratten has said the team is building and every game the guys are bonding together better and our game is getting better , however I believe we still have huge upside just with the confidence built from winning and getting some serious talent back into the team like Hunter Clark , Billings and Jones.
Contested possession is what will win us games and these 3 will give us that and that all goes well for the future and really it's more than 3 because I highly rate the talent of Highmore , Bytel , Sharman and Connolly.
Credit to you (so far) you were saying top 4 during the pre-season and most (me included) gave it zero chance. Let's hope your foresight continues.

Credit to you (so far) you were saying top 4 during the pre-season and most (me included) gave it zero chance. Let's hope your foresight continues.
As you know it can come tumbling down fast but it gives me confidence the selectors have blooded 3 kids and have put games into Lienert and Hayes.
No game in this competition is easy and as we saw the Hawks beat the Cats after we flogged them , you can't read anything into form but our team have the players to take it to any team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Jack's on track for an All-Australian blazer​

Six rounds into 2022 and Jack Higgins looks like the Therabody AFL All-Australian small forward right now. The 23-year-old slotted 4.3 against Greater Western Sydney in another near best-afield performance on Friday night, taking him to 14 goals from five games – essentially four when you consider he was substituted out of round three in the first quarter. After adding the bag in the nation's capital to the five against Gold Coast last week and the four against the Dockers in round two, Higgins has more than any other small forward in the AFL, leading Josh Rachele (12 goals), Dylan Moore (11 goals) and Cody Weightman (11 goals). While Jade Gresham and Max King have attracted most of the attention, Higgins is a key reason why the Saints are 5-1 for the first time since 2010. - Josh Gabelich

A few bits and pieces;

(31:22 for Bowey interview)

279018959_1430485670722881_1798140970975710389_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2022 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back