2023/24 Melbourne Victory Thread - Goodbye Popovic

Remove this Banner Ad

Langeraks contract at Nagoya doesn't expire in time for the start of the year so it's not possible apparently. I'm just relaying what I've heard.

I hope we get a good fee for Izzo but I'm not expecting too much.

Of course it is. We let Rai Marchan go on a mutual termination. Surely Nagoya can do the same for Langerak

Unacceptable to play the first 1/3 of the season without a #1 keeper. Randers can wait until Jan for Izzo in that case.

Of course it is. We let Rai Marchan go on a mutual termination. Surely Nagoya can do the same for Langerak

Unacceptable to play the first 1/3 of the season without a #1 keeper. Randers can wait until Jan for Izzo in that case.

I'm just relaying what I've heard. Nagoya may not wish to let Langerak go early. Randers may not want to wait for Izzo. We may not want to miss out on Izzo's transfer fee. Financially things are tight in the A-League.

If we get a good transfer fee for Izzo and get Langerak to fill the void I'm comfortable with that if that's how it pans out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it was Izzo’s choice? The club normally doesn’t get in the way of a players wishing to go test themselves in Europe.

It doesn't but we usually get paid a decent fee for terminating a contract. And let's be honest, Denmark is hardly a huge step up from the A-League.

Considering Izzo's importance to the club I can't see the club just saying sure, you can leave for nothing / a small amount. I'd be livid as a fan if they let such a key player go without getting a decent fee to reinvest in the squad. There is no good reason for the club to do so with Izzo contracted until 2025.

It doesn't but we usually get paid a decent fee for terminating a contract. And let's be honest, Denmark is hardly a huge step up from the A-League.

Considering Izzo's importance to the club I can't see the club just saying sure, you can leave for nothing / a small amount. I'd be livid as a fan if they let such a key player go without getting a decent fee to reinvest in the squad. There is no good reason for the club to do so with Izzo contracted until 2025.
Well hopefully someone has some inside info and will disclose the fee.

Bust out the champagne lads.

777 are up shit creek and cannot exercise their options to buy 70% of the club. The leeches currently owe 18.9% and are going to sell their shares in the club.

They've done nothing more than bring us failed sponsor. Apparently next to no equity investment from my sources.

777 are up shit creek and cannot exercise their options to buy 70% of the club. The leeches currently owe 18.9% and are going to sell their shares in the club.

They've done nothing more than bring us failed sponsor. Apparently next to no equity investment from my sources.
wow are they selling shares in the other clubs they part own too?

That's great news if true. Where did you hear it?

Any chance you can post the Victory relevant bits of the Josimar article? Why can't they exercise their option to buy the club? Is it simply that they don't have the cash or another reason? Does the article say they'll sell their shares?

Pre-season player movements to-date:

OUT:
Paul Izzo, Ahmed Taleb (GK's) Damian Da Silva, Stefan Nigro, Connor Chapman (Defenders) Jake Brimmer, Leigh Broxham (Midfielders) Chris Ikonomides, Salim Khelifi, Eli Adams (Forwards).

IN:
Jack Duncan, Mitch Langerak (rumour only) (GKs) Brendan Hamill (Defenders) Reno Piscopo, Jing Reec (Forwards) Colic, Menelaou, Graskowski (Promoted from youth)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back