AFL 2023 - AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

A Daniels sighting!!
wha? What happened? - i had a 15minute power nap as nothing interesting was happening..
Shocked Jimmy Fallon GIF

Yes!
1 goal nearly covers outlay, now i just need another for profit to start. but im not expecting anything more as wc has been way too dominant today.. :frowning:
yep only saw him inside 50, im all over daniels too. i got on earlier aswell like kicksome. taking the full train.
4u ags @1.75 sb
1.5u 2+ @5.75 sb
1u 3+ @18 sb
0.5u 4+ @81 sb
0.15u 5+ @200 b365
0.15u 6+ @750 b365

An average week for me.

Saad kicked it off nicely but Bruhn, Maynard & Rayner were busts and feel like Cumming, Noble and Hopper were the right plays just unlucky as they were all pretty close to cashing.

Made it a bit easier with Langford and a few other tips from the degens helping. Onto next week!

Young Ryan looked a bit sore in the leg so buyers beware in the near future..
Still a good bet and would have got real close had he snagged that one in the last

Essendon vs Suns SGM

Parish 30
Settlefield 20
Alt total o161.5

Paying 3, with b365 25% SGM boost

Parish collected 37 last week, and 25 for settlefield.

Expecting dons to score 90+, just need suns to score 70, and it's gravy

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Parish with just 30 in Q4!

Slowly building bank roll!

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Round 2 review

Henry .5u each 4+ 5+ $21 $81 tab [kicked 2.1]

Motlop .5u each 3+ 4+ $23 $81 pb [1.0]

Multi Pedlar Chandler Adams 0.5u each all AGS $6, all 2+ $200, pb

Mills .5u each 2+ 3+, $14, $67, pb [2.0]

Warner .5u each 3+ 4+, $11, $38, ts [0.1]

Cunningham .5u each 2+, 3+, $4.25, $13, pb [0.0]

Switkowski .5u each 3+ 4+ $12 $34 pb [1.1]

Grundy .5u 3+ $18 ts [0.0]

Gawn .5u 3+ $9 tab [0.0]

Long .5u each Long 3+ 4+, $22 $81, ts [0.0]

Rowston .5u each Rowston 2+ 3+, $10 $26, tab [0.1]

Waterman .5u each 4+ 5+, $26 $81, ts [4.2]

Draper .5u each 2+ 3+ ($4.25 $13 pb) [0.2]

Perkins .5u each 3+ 4+ 5+ ($6.50 $15 $51 pb) [1.0]

Jye Menzie .5u each 4+ 5+ ($34 $81 ts) [2.0]

Sam Flanders .5u each 2+ 3+ 4+ ($6.75 $26 $81 ts) [0.0]

Ben Ainsworth .5u each 3+ 4+ ($11 $34, ts) [1.2]

Daniels .5u each 2+ 3+ 4+ ($5.20 $20 $67 ts) [1.0]

---

Outlay: 19u | Return: 20u | Net: +1u

Winners: Waterman, Mills

Losers: Everybody else

Just one more goal to Waterman would have made up for last week's losses (20u) and given me some house money for next week.

He kicked 4.2 from 9 touches inside 50. Nine touches inside 50, crazy stuff, but only 4.2, farken

Mills only had two touches inside 50 for two goals so can't really complain there.

One more goal would have meant another 33 units in the kitty, though.

The Gawn injury derailed my Gawn / Grundy bets, still think those made sense at the time. Not to be.

I missed the Langford train because when I did my analysis I thought he would play defense, I wasn't home when Weideman was pulled from the game.

This is the same reason I missed the Ziebell train vs Sydney last year, I wasn't at the station when the train was leaving.

I like to think that one day I will be able to spend the entire day watching the punting board and Fox Footy, Thursday to Sunday.

At least for rounds 1 and 2.

Speaking of Rds 1 and 2, this is traditionally when there is money to be made on goal trains.

In my experience it gets more and more difficult from Rd3 onwards.

After going -20u in Rd1 and basically breakeven Rd2, it looks like 2023 will not be my year on the footy punt.

All I can say is thank **** for bankroll management, a concept I learned on this board a few years ago.

Congrats to the winners on the Langford train, the best train of 2023 so far.

See you all next week 🥂

(And by next week I mean tomorrow in the Rd 3 thread, a degen's work is never over)

Round 2 review

All I can say is thank **** for bankroll management, a concept I learned on this board a few years ago.

Congrats to the winners on the Langford train, the best train of 2023 so far.

See you all next week 🥂

(And by next week I mean tomorrow in the Rd 3 thread, a degen's work is never over)
Thats the biggest lesson I have learnt from the BigFooty Punting Board. Some posters on here use that system and mention it on here pretty clearly. Maybe 5 years ago, I was not thinking about it but its important because you want to leave yourself with a bankroll for further bets and in case your bets do go downhill. Hence, I like to use a unit system 1.0 unit, 0.20 units, 0.15 units etc .

Thinking about bet365 pricing algorithm of pricing Goalscorer odds, had he been $67 there for 3+ goals (which I didnt see because I never use their site/have been banned), he would have been alot higher for 4+, 5+ etc goals. Feeling a bit of envy to the guys who have access to it.

Also the first 10 games of the AFL season, all my bets were losses....so a rebound is nice. But Im expecting the worst if things come bad. I can take a whack if I have a run of 5-6 rounds where it all goes pear shaped. As the saying goes 'your next loss is just around the corner'.

Also , on a slightly different point in commentary today, Kelli Underwood asked the question 'what was considered a bag these days?'. Healy (or the guy commentating with her ) said '6 is considered a bag these days', which was a pretty interesting response. Maybe Gerard Healy is reading these threads? In the 80's and 90s, kicking a bag of 10-12 was considered a day out.

dont have to answer it but curious how much is 1u for you and i guess everyone most of my bets are just 10 dollar bets im wondering if i need to change approach after one of my worst rounds ever

question is for everyone i guess
The amount will vary for everyone but generally 1u should be about 1% of your bankroll.

Thats the biggest lesson I have learnt from the BigFooty Punting Board. Some posters on here use that system and mention it on here pretty clearly. Maybe 5 years ago, I was not thinking about it but its important because you want to leave yourself with a bankroll for further bets and in case your bets do go downhill. Hence, I like to use a unit system 1.0 unit, 0.20 units, 0.15 units etc .

Thinking about bet365 pricing algorithm of pricing Goalscorer odds, had he been $67 there for 3+ goals (which I didnt see because I never use their site/have been banned), he would have been alot higher for 4+, 5+ etc goals. Feeling a bit of envy to the guys who have access to it.

Also the first 10 games of the AFL season, all my bets were losses....so a rebound is nice. But Im expecting the worst if things come bad. I can take a whack if I have a run of 5-6 rounds where it all goes pear shaped. As the saying goes 'your next loss is just around the corner'.

Also , on a slightly different point in commentary today, Kelli Underwood asked the question 'what was considered a bag these days?'. Healy (or the guy commentating with her ) said '6 is considered a bag these days', which was a pretty interesting response. Maybe Gerard Healy is reading these threads? In the 80's and 90s, kicking a bag of 10-12 was considered a day out.
I don't think Gerard Healy is reading the BigFooty Punting board

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2023 - AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back