Media 2023 AFLW Swans Talk in Media

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

03SEP23: Swans vs Giants Match Reports
Read all about - an historic moment for the club as our AFLW team celebrate their first win.

The new-look Swans are more than just competitive

Down by 25 points deep in the third quarter, the Swans of season seven would have let ill-discipline and poor decision-making sneak into their game, causing it to blow out. But that's not the case for the 2023 edition following their off-season recruiting spree. Back-to-back goals from Aliesha Newman and new co-captain Chloe Molloy before the three-quarter time siren had Sydney up and about heading into the final quarter, and with that belief they surged to the final siren, keeping the Giants scoreless in the last term. They've proven they're a never-say-die team, and no longer are they hunting that maiden win.

lGT71TUe.jpg

AFLW last two mins: Swans hold on for historic first win​

The thrilling final moments between Sydney and GWS in round one

04SEP23: Swans Daily Media
Some great interviews and discussions on yesterdays win.

Ally can't stop smiling - its awesome. And she grew up a Swans supporter!

Review of the Swans win - Swans talk starts at 3:54min into the video and its rather nice to have Swans supporters on the panel. We don't get enough of that.

Documentary The Final Four now available - Massive kudos to Scott Gowan, his coaches and other Swans supporting staff in having to start from scratch in a non-AFL dominant state. Had to come from the back and get team together and it was not easy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

09SEP23: Swans Daily Media
Match Reports & Post Match interviews

Very enjoyable interview with Moy. Loved when she said that the R1 win was "the best moment of my career so far"!! That's after 7 years as a footy player. She also spoke glowingly about the Swans HQ facility and articulately about why that is so valuable/important.

We've heard a number of times about how the men's team have been so supportive of the AFLW team but she also highlighted the attendance and support of Tom Harley and Andrew Pridham at the R1 game. I think having the AFLW team so central and valued by the whole-of-club is a real point of difference and, hopefully, a competitive advantage for us.

I was massively keen on Chloe Molloy before we got her, just based on her on-field work. After we first signed her I sprouted some reservations about what she was like as a person/off-field. But the more I see of her, the more I am being won over to her. I think she's really impressive and fabulous. 🤩

Remove this Banner Ad

Back