News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

A Reminder šŸ‘‹šŸ»

All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.​

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.​

Please reach out to Pies board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on the Pies team board.​

Threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted.​

Anzacday Gone Critical Jen2310 Maggie5

Sorry for the intrusion in a big week and mods, feel free to delete if this is inappropriate.
For those who are P1, registered correctly, and failed to get a ticket, I would strongly suggest grouping your resources and contact one of the top lawyers tomorrow morning to ask the question if an injunction to stop further distribution would do the trick whilst they sort this out. The AFL will have a number of tickets in their back pocket but you need to fight as hard as your team has done in the last two years to get them. For those P1 that got standing room, it appears there is not a lot that can be done but worth asking the question as well. ACCC would also be another avenue but that is not going to secure tix by Saturday.

You pay top dollar and expect the rewards if by luck and good performances, the Pies end up in the Grand Final and you expect that fully registered P1 will be processed first and then P2, then P3. The terms I have seen allude to this.

For those saying this is the last year of P1, the club won't care, there are more fans ready to take your position and the GF will reap a couple of million to the bottom line. What the AFL and TicketScum care about is legal and media fallout.

You P1's have six days to turn it around, start now, team up, be strong as we all know, GF's don't come your way all that often.

Thank #$% I only have to deal with this every fifty years or so ;)

Wrong. It literally says P1 are allocated their tickets AND THEN itā€™s goes to P2 for what is left and then P3 if thereā€™s anything after that.

The par at the bottom tells you all you need to know. Itā€™s been botched.

Thatā€™s saying all P1 members will be randomly allocated tickets from category 1 - standing. Once all those in P1 get a ticket in the complete range, then P2 members will be randomly allocated tickets in between Cat 1 - standing.

This yearā€™s ballot is exactly as it was in 2018, and in 2011, and in 2010. Iā€™m P1 and nowhere in anything Iā€™ve received does it state that I am guaranteed any level of seat, nor that P1 members get allocated a better category of seat etc. P1 is guaranteed a ticket, as long as you choose to accept standing room if offered. It very clearly states that if you select the no standing room option, then you run the risk of missing out. Iā€™ve never been allocated a category 1 seat, and this year is no different with what looks like a category 3 coming out. I know for a fact that in 2018 priority 2 Members received category 1 seats in the ballot while I got category 7 as priority 1. Thatā€™s the way the cookie crumbles. Wherever iā€™m sitting Iā€™m there. We also need to bear in mind that there will be a lot of lions supporters leaving by early in the last quarter, so feel free to make your way down to their seats
Yes it does, it says members will be allocated ā€œnext best availableā€. That means P1 must get a better seat that P2 since P2 ballot doesnā€™t start till p1 completed.

Thatā€™s saying all P1 members will be randomly allocated tickets from category 1 - standing. Once all those in P1 get a ticket in the complete range, then P2 members will be randomly allocated tickets in between Cat 1 - standing.
no itā€™s not what itā€™s saying.

Iā€™m a p1 legends gold member, I registered the ticket right on the 10 oā€™clock time frame when we had to register for the ballot. My $448 came out yesterday at 6pm last night. as the letter and email quite clearly states you get the chance to purchase a ticket, and you should click the standing room option for guaranteed allocation which is what I done. Also if you read the letter, confirmation will be made on Monday morning the 25th, I canā€™t bloody wait! Go the pies!!

Last edited:
I very rarely go to the footy, never had a strong desire to because have enjoyed watching it at home.

No real point to that statement.

However, I feel horrible for the members that should secure a seat and are having difficulty. I hope those who should be allocated a ticket, get their ticket. I find the way the AFL allocates GF tickets in general a kick in the guts to the genuine team supporters.

Hi all. mods apologies if this is the wrong thread to be posting. please feel free to redirect me. Looking for two or three TICKETS to the GF. two or three because i rather three, but if i can only get two, i'll sit out and let my mother and her friend go. money is no issue. I can pay your asking price. Thank you and go pies!!

Makes no sense to me. You get better access to good seats to home games. I'd assume get Anzac access (could be wrong) and get a guaranteed ticket. Why does having more money mean you should get better access to seats? Maybe I needed a 1/50 lucky roll to get my ticket. Not needing that is the benefit.

It would be like paying for a business class seat on a plane and when you get to the gate the airline says we are going to pick seats for everyone at random.

Your business class seat has just turned into a middle seat that doesnā€™t recline and is next to the toilet.

The club is happy to charge a premium and take a lot of money from people for that guaranteed GF ticket at P1. They should get first go at the best seats otherwise why bother paying the extra money.

It would be like paying for a business class seat on a plane and when you get to the gate the airline says we are going to pick seats for everyone at random.

Your business class seat has just turned into a middle seat that doesnā€™t recline and is next to the toilet.

The club is happy to charge a premium and take a lot of money from people for that guaranteed GF ticket at P1. They should get first go at the best seats otherwise why bother paying the extra money.

Spot on.

Why bother paying Extra when gives you no real Advantage

ā€¦otherwise why bother paying the extra money.
You pay the extra money to have the certainty of any ticket at all (unless you chose to thumb your nose at standing room). Thatā€™s the privilege you pay for.

Well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You pay the extra money to have the certainty of any ticket at all (unless you chose to thumb your nose at standing room). Thatā€™s the privilege you pay for.
Yep! I feel for those who missed out, but I agree standing room is fine (unless of course you're unable to stand for long periods of time, such as the frail or elderly, in which case I completely understand that standing room isn't a viable option). i missed out on tickets, and now looking for three anywhere anyprice.

Hi guys

Can you give me some insight
I paid for the ballot and the funds came out but I hear and read people got their seats tickets and so on.

Nothing has come through yet, any idea how this works.

Itā€™s the first time I have done this

Thanks in advance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep! I feel for those who missed out, but I agree standing room is fine (unless of course you're unable to stand for long periods of time, such as the frail or elderly, in which case I completely understand that standing room isn't a viable option). i missed out on tickets, and now looking for three anywhere anyprice.
Where standing room isnā€™t an option the process to request appropriate accommodations was also included in the original email if Iā€™m not mistaken, albeit it did seem more difficult and people probably decided to run the gauntlet not truly understanding the process - which is fair enough as the distribution of the tickets was insinuated but not explicitly stated, and is to a degree counter inituiative.

Hi Guys

I registered for the ballot and funds came out of account
Reading everywhere people have received their seat and tickets

I am still waiting and havenā€™t received anything
Is this normal? Anyone can assist ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance

If club and not AFL I believe confirmation of ballot results come out tomorrow and no one has received their seats, but have instead just determined their category per the payment v advertised pricing.

Those with seat allocations are most likely AFL Members who bought in the AFL Member allocation, as although tickets are yet to be issued (and I believe wonā€™t be until Wednesday) their purchase confirmations contained seat information.

In short, I wouldnā€™t panic just yet - wait for the ballot confirmation due tomorrow morning. Would escalate then if nothing comes through though.

No it's not. It's like going on a plane that has 500 seats and 20,000 people there who want to get on. But you're guaranteed to be one of the 500. You pay the money to be guaranteed. In my opinion there should be no guaranteed tickets but the club wants to maximise it's profit.

Nothing in that statement guarantees that p1 were to be drawn first. Just that it's a guaranteed ticket. If they used a probability based algorithm it would just mean that towards the end all the remaining tickets would go to unlucky p1 entries. It's still a guaranteed ticket and the conditions states all members could get standing only.

*Should Collingwood FC make the Grand Final, the allocation for P1 members will be balloted first. Once the P1 ballot is complete, the P2 ballot will commence. If tickets remain at the conclusion of the P2 ballot, the P3 ballot will commence.

This is the communication that Collingwood sent out for ballot registration. It definitely does say that P1 will be completed first before moving to other tiers. Yet some P1ā€™s didnā€™t get seats when lower levels did.

Hi Guys

Thanks in advance

Youā€™ll get tickets details tomorrow. People can tell which category they have received via the amount debited, as itā€™s a tiered system. In the thread the categories are listed along with their related price.

If people have stated their bay # etc, thatā€™s because they have most likely purchased AFL member tickets on Ticketek which gives a direct seat I believe.

There's a lot of celebrities and people associated with the sponsors, government officials and general rich well-connected people who have to get free tickets before the great unwashed can get access. I think everyone understand this is how the system works....

*Should Collingwood FC make the Grand Final, the allocation for P1 members will be balloted first. Once the P1 ballot is complete, the P2 ballot will commence. If tickets remain at the conclusion of the P2 ballot, the P3 ballot will commence.

This is the communication that Collingwood sent out for ballot registration. It definitely does say that P1 will be completed first before moving to other tiers. Yet some P1ā€™s didnā€™t get seats when lower levels did.

Yesterday we could see evidence on the forum that Category 1 people were being billed first. So logically the later you were billed, the worse category you would have been allocated.

Algorithm appeared to be: Best remaining ticket, assigned to random p1 member. Until all p1 members have a ticket.

However, if p2 people started getting charged prior to all of the p1 people being charged then this would mean they started p2 early.

Alternatively maybe the algorithm was (Random category ticket, assign to random p1 member until all p1 members have been assigned ticket. Move onto p2, do the same).

Evidence would point to this not being the case, as if we look at the timeline, the earliest people (~6pm melbourne time) saying they had been charged were happily saying they had great lower Category seats/tickets. At ~8.30pm you could see people posting about cat6/cat7/standing room tickets.

Itā€™ll be very interesting to see the explanation tomorrow morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back