2023 Fixture - Now released

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just bizarre that we get three prime time games after finishing third this year,while Carlton who finished ninth,gets seven prime time games,more than any other team in the competition.Why is Carlton always the apple of the AFL’s eye?
Don't hate it. Watching Carlton lose on a Friday night is my second favourite way to start the weekend behind a Collingwood win.

It’s just bizarre that we get three prime time games after finishing third this year,while Carlton who finished ninth,gets seven prime time games,more than any other team in the competition.Why is Carlton always the apple of the AFL’s eye?
images

So after the Adel game June 25 - the games past that are TBC.

We might get a Fri night game against the Dogs (marvel), Dockers (G), Cats (G) or the Blose (G).

Me thinks it may be the cats or the blose given crowds.

Tough start to the year - the first 4 games could be the making or breaking of our season.

Selfishly as an Adelaide dweller I'm pretty happy about 3 games in Adelaide. The Gather Round might be interesting for all teams - and the lads and lassies

I hope we have a good intro to that round like this

Given we have quite a few South Australians in the team 3 games in Adelaide might not be too bad for us.

If only this happened when I was single and carefree…
A road trip with the boys, sport and a reason to go to Adelaide.

Tough draw.

Not getting double-ups against any of easy-beats North, Gold Coast, Saints or West Coast makes it difficult, especially given likely improvement from Carlton, Port and Essendon.

A ladder position of 6-10 seems likely in 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why? I'm confident we finish top four. Our list has improved over the break, the younger established players like Noble. Quaynor, Ginnivan, McCeery, N Daicos, JC and Murphy, will be full of confidence with another season of tough clashes in front of huge crowds under their belts.

There will be far greater pressure at the selection table each week which is always a necessary component to creating a winning culture and removing complacency as an obstacle.

We were one of the few teams to match Geelong-the highly touted premiers.

Our boys have had a year under Fly and enter this next season knowing exactly what he wants and how he operates so we hit the ground running.

Our boys have shown they play with enormous heart and connection and that bond will only grow stronger.

The draw is okay other than the timeslots. The also rans of last year often surprise and highly fancied teams often fail to live up to expectations. No games are easy.

I'd like to share this whine with you.

I despise Sunday football. Congrats to those who couldn't care less, but end-of-weekend footy (especially late arvo) is something I tend to avoid.

More Fri/Sat night would be grand, not least to showcase a team which played exciting football in 2022.

AFL using us to try propagate interest in Sunday arvo footy. At least 3 of them are televised games. Hopefully no more in the run home aspect of the draw.

I wonder if any other interstate teams will be at AO 3 times in the season, obviously the Crows and Port will as it,s there home base,I think we would have better off if we had played 1 of the SA teams in the magic rd if not 1 of our interstate rivals.

And why do we play the Lions at home at Mar I do not think they have done Collingwood any favours apart from the game against Swans and that only after waiting 10 yrs for it to happen.

Lions at the Gabba Easter weekend has become a bit of a fixture over recent seasons. I think they ask for it.

AFL using us to try propagate interest in Sunday arvo footy. At least 3 of them are televised games. Hopefully no more in the run home aspect of the draw.

I think that's right, and I'm not happy about it.

I'd have no issue if we had a few more Fri/Sat night games to balance things.

We get the same stadium split in Melbourne every year

14 at the G (9 "home" 5 "away")
3 at Marvel (2 "home" 1 "away")

We then get 5 games outside vic, and this year the extra Gather game.

It is swings and roundabouts, we never go to CatPark or cop Hawks or North in Tassie like other Melbourne based clubs do.

North and Hawks would specifically request not to play us in Tassie would be my guess. Their home cash cow, why waste it on a Tassie government subsidized game.

North and Hawks would specifically request not to play us in Tassie would be my guess. Their home cash cow, why waste it on a Tassie government subsidized game.
Yep and we also get "away" games at the G against Geelong and sometimes Saints or Dogs.

We really cant complain about a couple of Etihad / Marvel games.

I wish we weren't the golden goose for the pathetic AFL. Part of me hopes we don't turn up attendance wise for those shocking late Sunday arvo timeslots. and the prime-time games are a flop. The arrogant tosses deserve nothing less.

I thought TV ratings were the number one priority. If so, our drawer is inexplicable.

I think you underestimate the drive for Sunday ratings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the afl would/will tell us that the 3:20pm Sunday slot IS prime time, not to mention the stand alone Tuesday game for ANZAC day and the stand alone Monday game for the King’s birthday weekend. By that logic and my count, that’d make 8 “prime time” games for the Pues.

Yep and we also get "away" games at the G against Geelong and sometimes Saints or Dogs.

We really cant complain about a couple of Etihad / Marvel games.

I’m not sure we should be judging whether or not us getting a home game against a Docklands tenant is worth taking issue with based on the requests of other clubs make in terms of where they play us. Geelong et al ask to play us at the G for their benefit, not ours. It substantially bolsters their coffers over a Docklands game would be my guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 Fixture - Now released

Remove this Banner Ad

Back