2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 27 Australia v New Zealand 28/10 1530hrs @ HPCA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a world cup it only happens every 4 years, nine games is not nearly enough. It's not that T20 garbage where 1 game is too many. It's the bridge between selling your soul and actual cricket.
Cricket is a bat, a ball (preferably a 4 piece), 3 stumps, 2 bails, a pitch (preferably turf), 11 players a side, and 2 umpires.
People who try to over complicate it, to come across as “old school”, really is childish.

any reason in particular why we have the early game? :think:

Not sure why this is the early game, the other Saturday double headers have had the minnows game earlier and the contenders game later.

Maybe this is the early game as it suits the Australian and NZ time zones better.

Play everyone once. Totally fair.
I agree it is fair, also the risk you are disadvantaged by a couple of washouts is minimised.
I do think that the fact there is t20 world cup does affect the optimal structure for the 50 over cup. I am not a big t20 fan by the way ( I watch big bash as it is on, some games enjoyable, sometimes a bit cringworthy).

Win the toss bat first please thats our best method. Put a score on the board and defend it

I am not confident chasing on a wearing pitch against the spin.
Yeah, batting first (given the opportunity) seems our stronger suite & best chance of winning in this tournament...Against India in a final is really the only time to possibly reassess that.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game 27:

Australia (Playing XI): David Warner, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Josh Inglis(w), Glenn Maxwell, Pat Cummins(c), Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood

New Zealand (Playing XI): Devon Conway, Will Young, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham(w/c), Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult

New Zealand have won the toss and have opted to field

Our grand final is tomorrow morning ..........

Aussies don't care about rugby union anymore now that the Wallabies are a laughing stock.

NZ usually go to water against us it'll be interesting to see if they've developed any ticker.

We've done better than Australia at the last ODI and T20 World Cups, not bad for a team without any ticker.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 27 Australia v New Zealand 28/10 1530hrs @ HPCA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back