Toast 2023 I'm An AFL SC Genius

Remove this Banner Ad

Not wasting trades
wait what GIF

Just a little plug for Nelso

From the round 6 trade thread:
Butters is coming into my team.

Lots of CBA''s and the draw opens up for Port now.

Butters averaging 127.6 since then. He cost $496k

giphy.gif

Had a weekly rank of 74 212 in round 4. Wanted to blow up my entire team. POD Newcombe was the main one in the gun after a 54 on Easter Monday.

Ended up holding him because somebody else needed to be traded (can't remember who). Since then he's gone 121, 114, 101, 69 and 117.

Overall rank during that period rose from 35 678 to a peak of 6064 in round 7.

Added Stewart and Sinclair to my side during that period as well.

Also didn't use a boost until round 6.

Patience in a POD and with trades plus acquiring some safe, albeit unsexy players has turned the season around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice... Wait, hang on - how do we know that's not just a screenshot you saved before you reversed? :think:
Do we need Uncle for verification?

Going against popular thinking and picking Petracca over Cripps when they were the same price after Round 7. Despite just having his lowest score of the year, Petracca (now $654k) has averaged 125 since, Cripps (now $456k) has averaged 75

Going against popular thinking and picking Petracca over Cripps when they were the same price after Round 7. Despite just having his lowest score of the year, Petracca (now $654k) has averaged 125 since, Cripps (now $456k) has averaged 75
This is the inverse to me and it's genuinely the make or break decision of the season so well done. I was about to crack top 1k now I'm almost exactly 5k. If I had chosen Petracca I think I'd be comfortably top 1k.

Definitely a lesson learned for next year (always go towards the player in the better team...)

Well done. I was tossing up between Miller and Petracca before round 6. Got spooked by him potentially being needed forward and Touk's better performance to that point (115 vs. 105 avg).

Went with the crowd and ponied up the extra $40k for Touk, who then scored a 40 and cost me $30k and another trade. Trac has scored over 1000 points since then, and my immediate next trade (Cogs at basement price which allowed Wilmot -> Day straight up) has scored 225 points less in that time. On that trade alone I'd be 2k spots higher. :'(

That probably would have meant I'd skipped Day and gone someone like Sinclair or Sicily instead.

At the start of the round I had Stewart and Marshall traded in.

At the last minute I went Sinclair & Jackson instead, and pocketed the $150k

Ended up scoring 40 points more

Just bragging now, because it's very unlikely that they'll outscore them for the rest of the year, so for this one round I'm a genius

20230519_202648.gif

Can't remember the last time (if ever) that I owned all of the top-10 players for the year. Nailing the SPs this year has certainly propped up my ranking (also own #13, #14, #15, #18, #21, #23, #29 and #30 in the top-30).

1689124010891.png

Traded in Titch, Neale, Brayshaw and Ryan all at their lowest prices and right before their form spikes.

Massive contributor to why I went from a 27k ranking early on to a consistent top 4k ranking.

Also, my final premo upgrade was to Jordon Dawson the week of the Collingwood game when he went next level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2023 I'm An AFL SC Genius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back