Official Club Stuff 2023 Membership Final tally as at 6th September *95,277

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean there is loyalty as a member and there is loyalty as a supporter - some might suggest buying a membership gives you the right to trash the club, the players & associated staff - it doesn't.

I mean there is loyalty as a member and there is loyalty as a supporter - some might suggest buying a membership gives you the right to trash the club, the players & associated staff - it doesn't.
Agree with all that, but by Jesus they make it bloody hard to stay loyal and measured. Year after year comes the hope and promises of success. They show glimpses then for one reason or another, they fall in heap. I'm tired of the vitriol and venom directed at the players and coaches, but I can understand how the super passionate supporters can lose their shit. I do think also the as you get older, you learn to curb the "enthusiasm" and remain calm when seasons turn to cacca.

Agree with all that, but by Jesus they make it bloody hard to stay loyal and measured. Year after year comes the hope and promises of success. They show glimpses then for one reason or another, they fall in heap. I'm tired of the vitriol and venom directed at the players and coaches, but I can understand how the super passionate supporters can lose their s**t. I do think also the as you get older, you learn to curb the "enthusiasm" and remain calm when seasons turn to cacca.
they're not super passionate because they lose their shit - there are plenty of super passionate supporters who don't turn into mouth foaming sausage heads just because we are losing..........

they're not super passionate because they lose their s**t - there are plenty of super passionate supporters who don't turn into mouth foaming sausage heads just because we are losing..........
I thought I was getting a bit out of hand until I saw that "Take the jumper off" clip and that put it all back into perspective for me.
That was disgraceful and pulled my back into line.

Another update today (4th July)

16884478806009524864a3ab8885d67_desktop.png.webp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they are giving away free memberships now to artificially boost the numbers. Who in their right mind would fork out money now? We aren't going to play finals, it just doesn't add up.
I used to think the same - on reflection there could be plenty of reasons people sign up later in the year, finances being just one of them........

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2023 Membership Final tally as at 6th September *95,277

Remove this Banner Ad

Back