Training 2023 Mens Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-preseason I think… they don’t actually start until 2 weeks before the draft. :smilev1:

Reid squatting 100? Not bad

It’d be pretty s**t to give a kid who is going to take a bit of time only 6 months. 6 month MSD contracts should only be for mature injury cover imo.
Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if he was cut but iirc he did only get a 6 month contract and he hasn't been announced as re-signed yet? Regardless it seems as though he has a contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d be pretty s**t to give a kid who is going to take a bit of time only 6 months. 6 month MSD contracts should only be for mature injury cover imo.
Don’t lists get finalized by October 31st. If he hasn’t been delisted by now along with eyre surely that means they’re on the list for next year.

That would be us!

I think he would be invited to train , but is it fair to say Menzie depends on Tippa ?

There was an article this morning that said November 10 is second list lodgements, then isn't there a 3rd and final one pre-draft?
Yeah, that's right. We're supposed to decide in the that time what's happening with Walla as well.

Don’t lists get finalized by October 31st. If he hasn’t been delisted by now along with eyre surely that means they’re on the list for next year.
Nah lists are finalised after the preseason draft on December 1.

He can be delisted at any of the list lodgement dates after October 31. If he is delisted he’ll be left off the list on the next list lodgement date, it’s not a separate form. The 4 lodgement dates this year are Oct 31, Nov 15, pre-preseason draft (optional), and Dec 1.

In the mean time he’s out of contract but bound to the club, and we have to pay him an allowance while he’s OOC until we delist him (and he becomes DFA), he nominated for the draft, retires (delists himself) or is recontracted. His options to retire or nominate for the draft have a deadline of November 10.

On a list lodgement date, clubs have to show they’re compliant with the list sizes and that TPP projections for 2023 are within the salary cap, so there’s no incentive to hang on to a player and clog up the available list spots if you want to replace him.

1A6A51FD-ADCE-41CE-B4DF-9A18D1D06608.jpeg 5EBABBB7-8916-462E-8F88-8B13B91D3098.jpeg 7DD12578-915C-459F-871A-416D16368470.jpeg 1D92B321-8A0F-4AF4-98E3-9B4B7F3C9320.jpeg C38CF50C-F292-4F89-BA3B-D11626F18227.jpeg

CBA & Rules:
Key dates 2022:
How DFA works with list dates:

I do think he’s safe though.

He can be delisted at any of the list lodgement dates after October 31. If he is delisted he’ll be left off the list on the next list lodgement date, it’s not a separate form. The 4 lodgement dates this year are Oct 31, Nov 15, pre-preseason draft (optional), and Dec 1.

In the mean time he’s out of contract but bound to the club, and we have to pay him an allowance while he’s OOC until we delist him (and he becomes DFA), he nominated for the draft, retires (delists himself) or is recontracted. His options to retire or nominate for the draft have a deadline of November 10.

On a list lodgement date, clubs have to show they’re compliant with the list sizes and that TPP projections for 2023 are within the salary cap, so there’s no incentive to hang on to a player and clog up the available list spots if you want to replace him.

View attachment 1547682View attachment 1547683View attachment 1547684View attachment 1547685View attachment 1547686

CBA & Rules:
Key dates 2022:

Might be buried deep though.

Snelling, Guelfi, Davey x 2, Tex and possibly Tippa and Munkara. Gonna be tough getting a gig as a small forward.

Might be buried deep though.

Snelling, Guelfi, Davey x 2, Tex and possibly Tippa and Munkara. Gonna be tough getting a gig as a small forward.
Maybe a little, if we get Munkara and they are all fit and all play forward, but with injuries and potentially some role changes (Walla and Guelfi can play in defence) I don’t think it’s too many small pressure players if we want competition for those roles.

And we might not have our midfielders being selected in the forward pocket either, they might get to play as mids in the VFL instead and put pressure on the incumbents to perform or get replaced.

Heck Stringer may need to look over his shoulder too. 😕

View attachment 1547682View attachment 1547683View attachment 1547684View attachment 1547685View attachment 1547686

CBA & Rules:
Key dates 2022:

100% SAFE

CBA & Rules:
Key dates 2022:

I dunno if tippa comes back he might fall off the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back