MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough—there wasn't a whole heap in it, IMO.
Imagine the outcry if one of our guys was rubbed out for essentially being a pest.

It was enough to start a small melee. If the Crows fans around me weren't cursing him out I probably would have let it slide. It was just one of those incidents that being there may have presented differently than what it actually was.

Fair enough.

That’s odd

He doesn’t play for Carlton

Zerrett was cooked. Even * fans were public on socials in questioning if he gets a week. When your own ask the question you know you're ****ed.

"‘3 weeks plus’: Saint Anthony Caminiti facing lengthy ban for shock high hit on Pies’ Nathan Murphy."

AFL should start focusing on eradicating the BS behind the play niggles and non play involved hitting, pinching, slapping and shoving. Feel sorry for Caminiti, minding his business and being hit and just responds.
How would you propose they do that? You'd have to have zoomed in HD footage of every section of the ground in the hope you see something.

It's just not plausible.

How would you propose they do that? You'd have to have zoomed in HD footage of every section of the ground in the hope you see something.

It's just not plausible.
not 100% watch, but if you run the gauntlet and are caught either by camera or umpire. The AFL are so worried about the look of the game and parents views and I think this behind play nonsense when a player is unsuspecting (not in play) of getting jabbed, pinched, banged is a lot worse of a look to the game than other things that have been touted as such.

not 100% watch, but if you run the gauntlet and are caught either by camera or umpire. The AFL are so worried about the look of the game and parents views and I think this behind play nonsense when a player is unsuspecting (not in play) of getting jabbed, pinched, banged is a lot worse of a look to the game than other things that have been touted as such.
Hard to agree with this. Even if there was pinching (or something of that ilk), the pinching isn't a worse look than the retaliation and a concussion.

Ideally there wouldn't be any niggle but ultimately, players have to be more disciplined than to fight back.

Well ….the filth player hit him first but didn’t connect/knock him out so maybe a fine for him?

caminitti Knocks him out so probably misses games …maybe reduced due to filth player instigating it ??

Wouldn't have thought so, it was an unnecessary and reckless and undisciplined act by the Saints player that had the potential to do some serious damage to Murphy. I hate Collingwood as much as any one here (maybe more so) but that was indefensible.

Got to get a month off for that (at least)

It's just not plausible.

Not in the way you are suggesting, but if you recall a few years ago the Hawks defender caught pinching the arms of his opponent multiple times, the opponents arms were covered in bruises, if that happens, 2 week suspension, $10,000 fine.

I don’t understand such small fines for people on large money acting as some form of deterrent.

Things like gut punches, diving, pinching should be the easiest things to get out of the game, if there was a desire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other playing instigating niggle won't have any impact nor should it.

On this and I’m being serious although not sure if it applies in this instance.

Rules and regulations don’t override the law.

If you punch me, I’m allowed to punch you back, reasonable force comes in to play, so im not sure in this case if the retaliation can be classed as reasonable.

So can the Saints player actually claim self defence? If both are a punch then I don’t see how both don’t get suspended.

On this and I’m being serious although not sure if it applies in this instance.

Rules and regulations don’t override the law.

If you punch me, I’m allowed to punch you back, reasonable force comes in to play, so im not sure in this case if the retaliation can be classed as reasonable.

So can the Saints player actually claim self defence? If both are a punch then I don’t see how both don’t get suspended.

One was to the body and Caminiti ultimately was fine. Murphy got hit in the head and concussed. That's the difference.

There won't be any 'self defence' argument in AFL footy.

Wouldn't have thought so, it was an unnecessary and reckless and undisciplined act by the Saints player that had the potential to do some serious damage to Murphy. I hate Collingwood as much as any one here (maybe more so) but that was indefensible.

Got to get a month off for that (at least)
so what filth player did is fair play?

There are 4 umpires around the ground. Start paying downfield free-kicks and this nonsense will stop pretty quickly. It's long overdue
How do you want 4 umpires to see 44 players on a ground? It's fanciful.

All you'll get then is some acts being punished and not others.

It's just not plausible.

The amount of stuff that the goal umpire would pick up that is reportable would be staggering.

I can't remember the last time I saw a game where the key defender didn't initiate something at the start of a quarter. Usually a love tap to say "I got you today" but if you cut that out it'd cut a lot of shit out.

One was to the body and Caminiti ultimately was fine. Murphy got hit in the head and concussed. That's the difference.

There won't be any 'self defence' argument in AFL footy.

This doesnt seem like the situation where it would come up, but I see it happening one day and I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already.

A situation that springs to mind is when Yarran left hooks Chapman from Geelong, if I recall correctly he hets Chapman straight in the jaw, if Chapman was to then smack him back, I don’t see how he is allowed to be punished. But this is just a hypothetical, one day we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back