Trades 2023 Round 2 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Taranto in the midfield so have swapped him with Gulden. If Gulden doesn't play, then I will have Hollands' 77 E score. I currently have Chandler as my FWD E, if he outscores Hollands, I'll swap Gulden and Taranto back.

Knowing my luck, Gulden probably will play and score less than both of those backups!

Yeh Gulden to M8 for me. If he misses I get Hollands 77.

If Chandler goes large tonight Gulden swaps back down into forwards for Chandler score. Pedlar currently F6.

Genuinely confused about my trades this week. Scored okay last week apart from Laird captain.

Chesser to Uwland?
Mcgrath to Daicos?

Nothing else really standing out for me atm. 134k in the bank.

View attachment 1637933

Great team, nailed them all pretty much.

McGrath the only bloke who looks remotely like he mightn't be worth holding for awhile. F6 and D5/6 probably the concerns with Constable's J/S and Cowan no good, Pedlar unlikely to be the man either - but I guess via utility you could make Hollands M8. Have a funny feeling you'll be unsure of your trades for the next few weeks while you ride out the rooks/mid pricers' cash gen.

Think priority for you has to be shoring up that defence when selection forces you to. I'd potentially even think about Phillipou either this week or next just to grab his cash. If you reckon Greene/Chesser are no good for cash gen, then I reckon get them out for rookies who are. Having the cash to be able to fix up Constable when he forces the issue far more valuable than an early jump off McGrath I reckon.

Talk me down from the Laird ledge please

It's breaking the golden rule of trading a premo but allows another rook off field (pou) can be my first upgrade target for serong in like round 7 after his drream run ends

I did the Laird trade too but this is a snippet from Selby’s weekly newsletter which I subscribed too as to why he would trade Laird.

My philosophy has always been to hold premiums at this stage, but with Laird I’m in the trade camp this time. If you can jump on someone going up in price (eg Tom Green), then you will avoid losing $100k and potentially make $50k on your new one. It will also likely result in getting a rookie off the ground with the extra cash made. These are fix up trades after all.

He does lay out a few pros but you’ll have to subscribe for that 😉 (some proceeds do go to the starlight foundation.)

Gonna hold on to Bytel with my trade plans.

I think there's a glimmer of hope he returns next week. He had a cut on his knee so it's a 1 week thing.

I expect the Dogs to make light work of St Kilda in the midfield so they will have to make changes and Bytel was good. Need something to go right so fingers crossed. Trade him next week if he's not back

Gonna hold on to Bytel with my trade plans.

I think there's a glimmer of hope he returns next week. He had a cut on his knee so it's a 1 week thing.

I expect the Dogs to make light work of St Kilda in the midfield so they will have to make changes and Bytel was good. Need something to go right so fingers crossed. Trade him next week if he's not back
Must've been a pretty deep/bad cut. Was sent to hospital and was on a drip or something to prevent infection. If there's no infection, he'll be back at training soon, if not, could be longer.

Uwland survives

Make It Rain Money GIF

Great team, nailed them all pretty much.

McGrath the only bloke who looks remotely like he mightn't be worth holding for awhile. F6 and D5/6 probably the concerns with Constable's J/S and Cowan no good, Pedlar unlikely to be the man either - but I guess via utility you could make Hollands M8. Have a funny feeling you'll be unsure of your trades for the next few weeks while you ride out the rooks/mid pricers' cash gen.

Think priority for you has to be shoring up that defence when selection forces you to. I'd potentially even think about Phillipou either this week or next just to grab his cash. If you reckon Greene/Chesser are no good for cash gen, then I reckon get them out for rookies who are. Having the cash to be able to fix up Constable when he forces the issue far more valuable than an early jump off McGrath I reckon.
I was kind of hoping Chesser got dropped for example to force my hand a bit with the trades.

I had hollands benched last night, but with DPP he can become M8 and Pedlar drops back to bench. Agree that Cowan is the weakest link and there is the cloud that is hanging over Constables head with his spot. Lets hope he improves his DE this week and gets another week or two. 134k in the bank.

Uwland could be the play now he has kept his spot (albeit shaky JS). Might be worth Chesser to Uwland or Pou to Uwland to bank cash.

Sorry Jelly.. I chose you, I wanted you but you must be sacrificed

Jelly>Setterfield
Xerri>Darcy

Miss chandler for another week

Kelly > Green
Flanders > Callaghan/Ziebell/Setterfield

Leaving too many points on the table if I go down to Chandler

****ing rd1 injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Docherty - Dawson - Daicos - McKenna - Gibney - Wilmot (Cowan - Bergman)
M: Steele - Macrae - Anderson - Sheed - Constable - Ashcroft - Mackenzie - Hollands (Davey - Chesser)
R: English - Marshall (Madden)
F: Dunkley - Taranto - Rozee - Gulden - Sheezel - Phillipou (Chandler - Pedlar)
U: (Long)

Already traded Greene -> Chandler (though I am slightly worried about Chandler's JS, I couldn't resist him getting to $400k+ quickly). What's the next best option? Have $118k left - upgrade Anderson to a pure premo? Move Sheed on? Trade Chesser for Uwland? Something else?

I haven't played fantasy in a very long time, but this is a thing? Players can change positions in fantasy? So if Wayne Milera is named as a FWD and he's only been playing defence, would they change him to a DEF/FWD, or a DEF. Realistically should be listed as a DEF but changing from one to the other would affect owners. Not that I or many would have him.
Correct mate. I believe the player has to have >30% in a section of the field in order to get an additional position. The 30% is calculated from where they are standing on the field at centre bounce attendences (CBAs). A player can have dual positions in a season but not three. Position are added every 6 rounds (so available for round 6, 12 & 18.

Ironically I have Milera. Part of the theory behind it was for this, however he may be punted on next week if he doesn't show he can score at home against Richmond.

B: Docherty - Dawson - Daicos - McKenna - Gibney - Wilmot (Cowan - Bergman)
M: Steele - Macrae - Anderson - Sheed - Constable - Ashcroft - Mackenzie - Hollands (Davey - Chesser)
R: English - Marshall (Madden)
F: Dunkley - Taranto - Rozee - Gulden - Sheezel - Phillipou (Chandler - Pedlar)
U: (Long)

Already traded Greene -> Chandler (though I am slightly worried about Chandler's JS, I couldn't resist him getting to $400k+ quickly). What's the next best option? Have $118k left - upgrade Anderson to a pure premo? Move Sheed on? Trade Chesser for Uwland? Something else?
First off, I would get Constable to the backline to get Wilmot off field.

Bring Phillipou into mids and Pedlar on field in the forward line.

Anderson probably deserves another week. He has a soft match up against Essendon so should ton I'd say, then you'll be feeling a lot better about your intitial pick.

Perhaps you could go Sheed down to Worpel/Callaghan bank the cash and look to upgrade McKenna next week?

Your teams in great shape tbf :thumbsu:

Man clarko is an ahole. Why play powell mid all preseason and praccy then when the real thing starts he barely gets any mid time. Named forward this weekend. Ahole

Correct mate. I believe the player has to have >30% in a section of the field in order to get an additional position. The 30% is calculated from where they are standing on the field at centre bounce attendences (CBAs). A player can have dual positions in a season but not three. Position are added every 6 rounds (so available for round 6, 12 & 18.

Ironically I have Milera. Part of the theory behind it was for this, however he may be punted on next week if he doesn't show he can score at home against Richmond.

I believe Milera is out…..😩

Milera is out injured mate.

Alright need help here been swapping this back and forth.

Greene > Chandler or Flanders/Powell > Ziebell?

Is it possible for players to lose their DPP? That would certainly mess up some teams.

Which trade is better?

Liam Jones > Uwland/Constable

or

Max Heath > Samson Ryan

I've currently Jones > Uwland but I've got Doc as my VC score this week so I've got a free hit at getting some cash at R3. The main catch I see is noone is omitted/injured over the weekend and I still have 30 green dots and no captain loop available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back