AFLW Autopsy 2023 Season 8 - Round 02 - Swans vs Geelong Saturday 9th Sept @ 1:05pm North Sydney Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
There's no rest for the wicked as we move on from our inaugural AFLW win and face Geelong at North Sydney. It's a battle between the board leaders and 8th spot.

I'm not expecting any changes from the Swans unless someone pulls up sore after the weekend.

Swans Vs Geelong Match Centre:

Last edited:
There's no rest for the wicked as we move on from our inaugural AFLW win and face Geelong at North Sydney. It's a battle between the board leaders and 8th spot.

I'm not expecting any changes from the Swans unless someone pulls up sore after the weekend.

Swans Vs Geelong Match Centre:
This will be a very tough game. If we can bring our last third for the whole game we're a chance but it's a big ask. No matter, we know they'll do their best.

Any chance Lexi gets back? Didn't last injury report say 1 week or something? I'm thinking probably not, just wondering.

In: forward Alexia Hamilton making her return from injury.
Out: Bella Smith (omitted)

BacksTanya KennedyBrenna Tarrant
Half BacksElla HeadsAlice MitchellAlexia Hamilton
CentrelineBridie KennedyLaura GardinerLisa Steane
Half ForwardsRebecca PrivitelliCynthia HamiltonBrooke Lochland
Forwards Lucy McEvoyMontana Beruldsen
FollowersAlly MorphettSofia HurleyChloe Molloy
InterchangeLauren SzigetiRuby Sargent-WilsonPaige Sheppard
Julie O'SullivanAliesha Newman
EmergencyBella R. SmithJaide AnthonyAimee Whelan

FFS State Rail.

TRACKWORK ON SATURDAY - GAME DAY - NO TRAINS GOING OVER THE BRIDGE FROM CITY CIRCLE

Train trackwork on the City Circle and T1 North Shore Line may affect how you travel
Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 September

• Train trackwork on the City Circle and T1 North Shore Line may affect how you travel.
  • Trains will not run on the City Circle, or between Central and Wynyard. For travel around the City use the light rail between Central and Circular Quay or local bus services.
  • If you are travelling to T1 North Shore Line stations change at Wynyard, not Central, to continue your journey.

Here's the article with the team listed: AFLW TEAM: Hamilton returns.

Leaving Maddy Collier aside, is Montana Ham the only one missing from our first choice starting line up? There are others who aren't playing (Vale, Woodward, Smith (that was a surprise omission!)) but have they been overtaken? Great to see the Irish girls holding their spots. O'Sullivan is only 21 years old and new to the game so hopefully has a lot of upside. Kennedy is a beast and will only improve too.

Anyone game to suggest who might make way for Ham when she returns, if everyone else stays healthy? I reckon it'd be either O'Sullivan or Beruldsen. O'Sullivan could hold her place if she improves quickly. Beruldsen is quick and good at applying pressure but hasn't shown that much with her ball winning and ball use. However, like O'Sullivan she has a lot of scope to improve because of her relative inexperience. I'll back O'Sullivan in and say Beruldsen needs to develop a bit more.

Leaving Maddy Collier aside, is Montana Ham the only one missing from our first choice starting line up? There are others who aren't playing (Vale, Woodward, Smith (that was a surprise omission!)) but have they been overtaken? Great to see the Irish girls holding their spots. O'Sullivan is only 21 years old and new to the game so hopefully has a lot of upside. Kennedy is a beast and will only improve too.

Anyone game to suggest who might make way for Ham when she returns, if everyone else stays healthy? I reckon it'd be either O'Sullivan or Beruldsen. O'Sullivan could hold her place if she improves quickly. Beruldsen is quick and good at applying pressure but hasn't shown that much with her ball winning and ball use. However, like O'Sullivan she has a lot of scope to improve because of her relative inexperience. I'll back O'Sullivan in and say Beruldsen needs to develop a bit more.
I think so. Montanna will go straight in once she's fit, and great call out on the Irish girls. Pretty damned impressive them holding their spot and being new to the game.

Not that surprised that Smith was the one to make way. She has a cannon boot but is a little too easily pushed off the ball.
The next one will be tougher. I hope not but injury might solve that conundrum.

Not that surprised that Smith was the one to make way. She has a cannon boot but is a little too easily pushed off the ball.
The next one will be tougher. I hope not but injury might solve that conundrum.
My impression is Lexi and Mitchell are similar players as forward / rucks whereas Bella is a defender. Bella was one of our better performers last year so surprised to see her out but obviously Gowens was impressed with Mitchell's first up game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My impression is Lexi and Mitchell are similar players as forward / rucks whereas Bella is a defender. Bella was one of our better performers last year so surprised to see her out but obviously Gowens was impressed with Mitchell's first up game.
Interesting that he named McEvoy as a forward but I doubt she'll play there. Mitchell and Lexi are probably more physical, which will be valuable against Geelong. That's my guess anyway. No doubt Bella will know why.

* me. Even in the AFLW, holding the ball/incorrect disposal is on existent for the opposition.

Wasting some shots on goal early.
Yeah, wasting our opportunities up front. Again. It's a red & white disease at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy 2023 Season 8 - Round 02 - Swans vs Geelong Saturday 9th Sept @ 1:05pm North Sydney Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back