Vent 2023 Vents & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Cumming. Barely considered him the whole pre-season and he ended up in my R1 side in place of Naicos.

I brought Naicos in as a correction for Stewart who was meant to miss a month and he only missed the 1.
I was madly trying to get him in but couldn’t scrape together the cash so settled for … Nick Daicos.

Sliding doors.

Screenshot_20230513_153919_Chrome.jpg

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

So you had the two best rucks and went for the cash grab with Gawn?
I can see the logic, but just no!
Still could work if you have the trades and Darcy/Witts have a bad game or two before Gawn goes fwd I guess.
It’s still a luxury move!

My team needs a new SC coach :drunk:

Simply to move on, I better describe my series of bad decisions following Mills’ injury

I’ve made so many bad calls during this round, that could have netted more than 160 points - I.e. without counting Mills expected scores

If I’ve made the following choices - none forced:
1. VC Gulden vs Mills = 62 points
2. Keep Marshall vs trading in Gawn = 36
3. Take Simpson 65 vs Cincotta = 32
4. Did not trade out Ashcroft 97 vs 62 Atkins = 35
I’m sure there’s more

Anyway - I’m going to take this on the chin & move on. But, it’s damn hard when you can’t even catch up to your own son - who’s only 12 and playing his first season of SC!

Sad In A Box GIF

Last edited:
Fair to say George Hewett a fortnight ago was not my finest hour. Looks set to drop in price again lol.

Only a Carlton resurgence could make me look good now.... here's hoping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team needs a new SC coach :drunk:

Simply to move on, I better describe my series of bad decisions following Mills’ injury

I’ve made so many bad calls during this round, that could have netted more than 160 points - I.e. without counting Mills expected scores

If I’ve made the following choices - none forced:
1. VC Gulden vs Mills = 62 points
2. Keep Marshall vs trading in Gawn = 36
3. Take Simpson 65 vs Cincotta = 32
4. Did not trade out Ashcroft 97 vs 62 Atkins = 35
I’m sure there’s more

Anyway - I’m going to take this on the chin & move on. But, it’s damn hard when you can’t even catch up to your own son - who’s only 12 and playing his first season of SC!

Sad In A Box GIF

I could almost forgive them all, but not taking a 65 from a rookie to play one averaging 5 points more?
C’mon man!

I could almost forgive them all, but not taking a 65 from a rookie to play one averaging 5 points more?
C’mon man!
I gave Simpson 70 threshold and he didn’t meet it - tough, but ‘em the rules!

I gave Simpson 70 threshold and he didn’t meet it - tough, but ‘em the rules!
Well that’s what happens when you get too greedy!
To me it’s like not taking a 130 VC.
But we‘re all different!

talking stan marsh GIF by South Park

PS: I’m a ginger!

Well that’s what happens when you get too greedy!
To me it’s like not taking a 130 VC.
But we‘re all different!

talking stan marsh GIF by South Park

PS: I’m a ginger!
I’ve changed glasses & seeing all roses now o_O

My team is not too bad & should bounce back!

I’ve scored 2188 but left 160points + mills bad luck injury :mad: through bad coaching choices!

Looking Good Rose Colored Glasses GIF by StickerGiant

terminator GIF

Just came here to gloat, no regrets or vents, certainly did not trade Gawn in twice for a total of 94 points, and Doc ?, well at least I haven't bought him back for his measly 311 points in 3 games.
And injuries had none of them, did have a few players go on unapproved holidays, they have been dealt with and are now on "The List"
Oh and the Rucks, nope have no memory of the 7 trades used there, so that didn't happen,
And Rookies such a fine bunch of young men there, just a wonderful experience all round, such a shame I only have a Sheeze, and looped Ashcroft/Ryan still around - Thank ****
And the coaching moves, no errors, brain fades or downright dumb moves there, having no short term memory is such a blessing for Supercoach.
Going really well with trades in the bank this year, after only using 5 of the original 20, leaves me 15 for the last 9 rounds of the year.
The only thing a bit concerning is the glitch in Supercoach presently, they appear to have added 6 random teams, WTF is a weagle ? Whatever, off to Princes Park to extend the colliwobbles this week, i'm sure all will have returned to normal by my return.

Ho-boy, where the * do I start?

View attachment 1682542View attachment 1682543

This was my starting line-up but switched Cumming to Ridley and Gulden to Rozee before the first bounce.

Got sucked in by the $419k price tag for an inside mid and thought he would average 90-95, Flanders was just a mistake… was flipping between he and Oscar Allen all pre-season and decided to go with stupid unsexy Flanders.

L Jones to Sheezel was the first trade after round 1 which was a resounding success…

Then, against my better judgement, this happened.

View attachment 1682545

and then the wheels fell off.

Didn’t start Chandler. Didn’t start Sav. Probably should’ve grabbed S.Ryan as well, but didn’t, was too busy playing catch up from that disastrous set of trades before round 3.

Yes, it netted me Daicos, BUT, I then burnt another trade to get DC to Grundy, who was good for a couple, lost Docherty to injury, and I also started culling cows a week or two early as I was sitting ranked at 53k after the first 3, so needed to make up ground.

It’s going to be a lonely last six rounds of the season, with no trades and donuts galore…

View attachment 1682548
Open up the no trades club for me kenty, you'll be in there before me this year.

PS.

Help yourself to the finest scotches and cigars in there too to make yourself feel better. 😎👍

This is the best club to enter, free beer and kfc for the very first week only, quick get in there!

And you don’t have to share the first round of coke and hookers!

cocaine GIF
butters stotch kenny GIF by South Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Vent 2023 Vents & Regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back