Remove this Banner Ad

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A massive year for gaming with some huge releases on the horizon. Felt like getting some discussion going about the upcoming games and who's excited for what.

What will you be purchasing on release?

Which ones will you wait until they're cheap?

Wait and see on reviews?

Which ones will you be skipping?

Which have you already played and enjoyed?

Which games were disappointing?

Some of the games releasing this year (let me know if I've missed any):
Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Space Remake, Resident Evil 4, Star Wars Jedi Knight, Spider-Man 2, Mortal Kombat 12, Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, Final Fantasy 16, Starfield, Diablo 4, Assassins Creed Mirage, Suicide Squad, Street Fighter 6, Tekken 8, Skull & Bones, FF7 Rebirth, Hollow Knight Silksong, Wo Long, Forza, Redfall, Hades 2

My responses:
What will you be purchasing on release? Hades 2, Final Fantasy 16, Mortal Kombat 12, FF7 Rebirth

Which ones will you wait until they're cheap?
Hogwarts Legacy, Resident Evil 4, Star Wars Jedi Knight

Wait and see on reviews? Suicide Squad, AC: Mirage, Skull and Bones

Which ones will you be skipping?
Starfield :( no XBox, Street Fighter 6, Tekken 8, Wo Long etc.

Which have you already played and enjoyed?
Octopath Traveller 2

Which games were disappointing?
none yet

My plan is to try play more games day one this year, last year I kinda got sucked into backlog games that I missed and Persona 5 took up a lot of time.

Something a bit different for me this year is getting Street Fighter 6 day one and trying to get into it. I used to enjoy fighting games when I was younger, but now I get into them to late and just get wrecked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My plan is to try play more games day one this year, last year I kinda got sucked into backlog games that I missed and Persona 5 took up a lot of time.

Something a bit different for me this year is getting Street Fighter 6 day one and trying to get into it. I used to enjoy fighting games when I was younger, but now I get into them to late and just get wrecked.

As someone who is also not the biggest fan of figting games, but was when I was younger, I found Mortal Kombat X and XI to be extremely fun. The high production values, presentation and cool characters help too. Which is why I'll be getting MK 12 day one.

I am only just getting around to playing games like Control, Elden Ring and Dragon Quest in XI. 🤣

I want to play FF16 (come to pc please), Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Space Remake and Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom the most. Also AFL 23 for obvious reasons.

I hope Perfect Dark gets some news and comes out end of year after all this time.

I am only just getting around to playing games like Control, Elden Ring and Dragon Quest in XI. 🤣

I want to play FF16 (come to pc please), Hogwarts Legacy, Dead Space Remake and Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom the most. Also AFL 23 for obvious reasons.

I hope Perfect Dark gets some news and comes out end of year after all this time.
Dragon Quest XI is incredible. My first DQ. Keen to go back and play other while I wait for a new one.

AFL 23 is on my list, thankfully only 2/3 weeks away.

Besides that I don't feel excited at all for any other games this year, especially now that hogwarts has already released

This years been pretty good.

Still plenty of good games to come. What's everyone looking forward to?

Baldurs Gate 3 (PS5) and Mortal Kombat 1 excite me the most.

Games on my radar to buy but perhaps after a good sale: BGIII, Metal Gear Solid Master Collection and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. Waiting for a good sale to buy Final Fantasy XVI.

I have Assassins Creed Mirage, Spider-Man 2, LAD Gaiden all preordered.

Fallout 4 current gen version is apparently still planned for this year. Big next few months ahead

So youre looking forward to playing games glitchy and buggy? How many games need several patches before they're stable and worth sinking time into?

I would usually agree with you, but to be fair most have been pretty good this year. The only game I returned was Jedi Survivor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 2023 games I think I've purchased is Amnesia: The Bunker and Barotrauma. Haven't played them yet, but will definitely get around to Amnesia soon.

I guess one's still to come out this year that look good are Fort Solis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, Terminator: Dark Fate, and RoboCop: Rogue City.

Games in September I want to play:

Starfield
Baldurs Gate 3
Sea of Stars
CyberPunk 2077 (full replay)
Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest

I might need a divorce…

What's everybodies GOTY right about now?

Baldurs Gate 3 grabbed me for about 70 hours. Hard to look past that. Spider-Man 2 has to be in second place though it's still a playthrough in progress. Didn't quite get into TOTK enough for it to be too high in my contentions but it's fun. Jedi Survivor is my underrated gem of the year so far.

1. BG 3
2. SM 2
3. Jedi Survivor

Biggest disappointment was easily Final Fantasy 16.

In no particular order so far

Baldurs Gate 3
Final Fantasy 16
Spider-Man 2
Sea of Stars
Octopath Traveller 2

In no particular order so far

Baldurs Gate 3
Final Fantasy 16
Spider-Man 2
Sea of Stars
Octopath Traveller 2

Octopath Traveller was really good. Was a bit annoying having to grind the characters you weren’t using, to get them to a high enough level to complete their quests. Kind of lost steam towards the end with the stories and was just skipping cutscenes.

I will definitely be getting the next one

Octopath Traveller was really good. Was a bit annoying having to grind the characters you weren’t using, to get them to a high enough level to complete their quests. Kind of lost steam towards the end with the stories and was just skipping cutscenes.

I will definitely be getting the next one

I didn’t play Octopath 1 but from all accounts 2 fixes a lot of the complaints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back